I love that WhatsApp is finally here on BB 10, BUT I'm finding a few issues. The purpose of this thread is to give the WhatsApp team some user feedback.

Issues:
    - Not fully integrated into the Hub (like Twitter or Facebook is for example)

- Contacts list populating unreliable (especially after a restart of the Z10 where some contacts disappear and some are added randomly - this may not be a WhatsApp problem but rather a BlackBerry contacts app problem as BlackBerry Contacts is HORRIBLE)

- Contacts' photos don't all appear within the app

- There should be a WhatsApp header at the top of the main pages within the app so that we know what program we're in! Lol

- Doesn't show WhatsApp symbol on lock screen when msg received

Hopefully we'll get these issues resolved with the next update!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MaxR_A; 03-13-13 at 06:02 PM.
    sala7 and gusanbage like this.
    03-13-13 05:31 PM
    i went back to OpenWhatsApp seems to be a bit better and more stable
    03-13-13 05:36 PM
    I actually think this version for bb10 is better than those on the other platforms.

The hub integration is not the best, but this first iteration is pretty good.

I also love the active frame option, much like open whatsapp.

All in all, a solid first effort and it can only get better.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and Alex_Hong like this.
    03-13-13 06:30 PM
    So I downloaded the new WhatsApp for bb10 and I'm wondering if others are experiencing this issue... I have a weird selection of contacts called "Favorites" in my contacts that don't show names so I have no idea who some of them are unless I have their phone number memorized... I have no way to edit them to add a name. and I don't even know how they became "Favorites"... I've never selected favorites in the previous iteration of WhatsApp I had on my torch so I don't know how they got there or how to filter them back into my regular contacts. I've tried rebooting my phone as well as reinstalling WhatsApp but no luck... I've attached a pic to show the odd list of contacts, any thoughts?
    WhatsApp Issues !-img_00000102.png

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:36 PM
    Similar issue here...I can see conversations but no names or numbers.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 06:50 PM
    Click on the three dots on your right and select "Rerfresh". That should fix it for now!
    03-13-13 06:52 PM
    'Favourites' are normally contacts who already have WhatsApp installed on their phones.
    03-13-13 06:54 PM
    They've released a new version which apparently fixes this problem (at least it did for me)

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:11 PM
    I'd just like to see better integration with the hub. No other issues I've experienced.

Posted via CB10
    daveshiz and trinipoco like this.
    03-13-13 07:24 PM
    My contacts are gone after I hit refresh. Also, names didn't show up when I had them

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:31 PM
    Further to my original post, some of my WhatsApp contacts do have names but they are not the names that my friends say should be displaying... ex. one contact says "Dennis".... but my friends name is "Stacey"...

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 07:48 PM
    Delete app and reinstall.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    sala7 likes this.
    03-13-13 07:58 PM
    I follow the link to download the app and yet it tells

Item Not Available

The Item is not available for your selected Device. (EC )

To return to the home page please click here

Interesting considering I am using a Z10 and in New Zealand which is one of the countries they support.
    03-13-13 08:13 PM
    I follow the link to download the app and yet it tells

Item Not Available

To return to the home page please click here

Interesting considering I am using a Z10 and in New Zealand which is one of the countries they support.

search whatsapp in bb world
    03-13-13 08:21 PM
    I am having the same issue as KiaKahamedia

03-13-13 08:31 PM
    Did that and when I try to download from BB World I get same error telling me its not available for my device ?????
    03-13-13 08:32 PM
    My contact is blank.
    03-13-13 08:37 PM
    I just got an update notification for WhatsApp, but it is the same version as what I have currently installed (2.9.3733.0). Anybody else have the same thing? Did you download it? If so, did you notice any improvements?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:02 PM
    Yep mines all derpy. Along with the issues already described, I can't open conversations from the hub. It opens up a whatsapp splash screen and hangs on the loading circle.

I assumed I was having these issues because I was too excited I installed it with my sideloaded whatsapp already installed. But I guess not. I'm going to uninstall and reload. If it fixes the issues I'll report back.

EDIT: AngryEdmontonian's suggestion worked for me. Uninstalled and reinstalled fixed most of my major glitches.
    Last edited by JTon; 03-13-13 at 10:34 PM.
    03-13-13 09:14 PM
    Get this update it will correct your issues
    WhatsApp Issues !-img_00000200.png

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:26 PM
    I think the app is only available to USA and Canada for now! That's what, I think, I read on the crackberry website

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:34 PM
    Same here.. they were in there before and i believe favorites were all the people who have whatsapp. My contacts showed all of my contacts but about an hour ago all the contacts disappeared and the names disappeared from the other users.. no idea what's going on.

*UPDATED* - nevermind, just updated the app and it's fixed.
    03-13-13 10:09 PM
    So, the favorites appear to be everyone in my contacts list that has Whatsapp. I restarted the phone and all but one of my contacts disappeared from the contact list, the favorites remained but without names as the contacts were gone. Refreshed the favorites list, everything disappeared, refreshed the contacts list, everything reappeared, refreshed the favorites, back to normal. The one contact that remained is my only contact saved locally to the phone, everything else is through ActiveSync. If I would venture a guess I would say there maybe a few small issues with contacts that are not saved locally or have links to other sources.
    03-13-13 11:31 PM
    Had the same issue - missing contacts. Uninstalled and re-installed. Seems to have solved the problem. Now, I have uninstall and re-install another time, to see if my photo sharing problem can be solved. Fingers crossed.
    03-13-13 11:35 PM
    For me, the problem seems to be if the primary contact was from Facebook or LinkedIn (the primary Link) and I added their phone numbers after. WhatsApp shows all these contacts with no name
    As a test, I unlinked one person, and then used my entry with their name/number as the main and linked their other profiles to this main. After I refreshed on Whatsapp, they showed up with their name. It's too much trouble to do this with all my contacts though, so I hope they come out with a fix soon.
    PS. I just downloaded 3741 and still have this problem.
    03-13-13 11:38 PM
50 12