If you look at the picture attachment, you'll see that some the top 4 contact list do not have any names on them while the bottom 2 does have.

I am currently using BB Q10 with 10.2.0.1047 OS with the latest Whatsapp 2.10.9689.1. I sync my contact with Microsoft Outlook.com online. I tried to Refresh my contact list on Whatsapp but I am still getting the problem. I verified that the numbers of the contacts are correct.

Its as if Whatsapp isn't reading my phone contact list properly and causing this problem. Anyone having the same issue with me?

- Charles
    Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp Contact List Problem on Blackberry Q10-whatsapp.png  
    08-07-13 11:35 PM
    Perhaps those people did not fill out the name field when they signed up for WhatsApp?
    08-08-13 08:34 AM
    I have seen the same issue with whatsapp. A reboot takes care of this... My concern is that a reboot should not be required to update the contact list especially since the app requires so many permissions..

WhiteZed10youdumba$$
    08-08-13 09:11 AM
    There is a better way of forcing a contacts list refresh does not require a reboot. Go to the "Contacts" tab in the application (its on the tab overflow menu, button with 3 horizontal bars on the left side), then go to its action menu (button with 3 vertical dots on the right side) and select "Refresh Contacts". This will take some time to process, but it will do a complete reload and resynchronization of your contact data.

(In early versions of our app, people also recommended also doing a "Refresh Favorites". Since we now automatically do this after a contacts refresh, this step is no longer necessary.)
    08-08-13 11:25 AM
    This used to happen a lot with me. Then I realized it was happening in case of linked contacts if the first link was either Facebook, Twitter or linked in. Then I stopped linking contacts and store all my contacts locally. Since then I have not seen blank contacts on WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 12:09 PM
    There is a better way of forcing a contacts list refresh does not require a reboot. Go to the "Contacts" tab in the application (its on the tab overflow menu, button with 3 horizontal bars on the left side), then go to its action menu (button with 3 vertical dots on the right side) and select "Refresh Contacts". This will take some time to process, but it will do a complete reload and resynchronization of your contact data.

(In early versions of our app, people also recommended also doing a "Refresh Favorites". Since we now automatically do this after a contacts refresh, this step is no longer necessary.)
    If you read my original post, I already did that and its not working.

- Charles
    08-09-13 12:05 AM
    Have the same issue. Strangely enough when I open the particular contact that appear nameless on whatsapp, on my BlackBerry contacts and just delete and replace a letter or something to re-save it , at the same time they appear on whatsapp! It has to do with the syncing of whatsapp with BlackBerry contacts. Its a glitch I guess they will sort it out soon...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-13 06:43 AM

Thanks! Refresh contacts solved it for my Z10
    08-09-13 07:51 AM
    Have the same issue. Strangely enough when I open the particular contact that appear nameless on whatsapp, on my BlackBerry contacts and just delete and replace a letter or something to re-save it , at the same time they appear on whatsapp! It has to do with the syncing of whatsapp with BlackBerry contacts. Its a glitch I guess they will sort it out soon...

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I just open the contact list, edit (without actually edit any of them) and click save. However, after I refresh the contact list on whatsapp, those particular contacts that are having problems surface again

- Charles
    08-10-13 01:03 AM