I actually like the way they've separated it, and how when you tap on a logged call it let's you message or call again. Also interesting how they are taking advantage of the fact that they use phone numbers to allow you to automatically fall back to a regular telephone call if the other user does not have a version that supports calling.

So I guess that's one advantage of using phone numbers.

Posted via CB10
    Separating it is fine, I don't want it in the Hub. I don't want anyone to tell me what I can and can't have in the hub or what ringtone I have to use. To me that is far more important than being able to add another method of talking to someone via voice using data rather than minutes.

And what's with the awful way the call answer button is displayed? Why no conformity?

If whatsapp are serious they should fix these issues before releasing software.
    04-03-15 06:18 AM
    Yeah I did notice that you can't change the ringtone. They have to add the feature.

Calls also shows up as a separate notification in the hub than whatsapp messages. I would actually prefer that they stay in the same thread like with BBM

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100%, app not ready for release without PROPER Hub integration, ring tone selection and standard call answer buttons.
    04-03-15 06:20 AM
    Separating it is fine, I don't want it in the Hub. I don't want anyone to tell me what I can and can't have in the hub or what ringtone I have to use. To me that is far more important than being able to add another method of talking to someone via voice using data rather than minutes.

And what's with the awful way the call answer button is displayed? Why no conformity?

You don't have to use it then since you are unhappy with. You can always wait until it is nicely done then install it.

Not me of course, I can make do and the call feature is already good enough for me and not a show stopper.
    04-03-15 06:34 AM

Lol... so, selecting a ring tone and an ugly call answering box is way more important to you than the fact that they successfully set up and scaled the back end infrastructure for voice data transfer of almost half a billion users around the world, and integrated their new infrastructure into their app?... all for a cost of ZERO to you,...

Good one... why don't you try it. Maybe start with just trying to replicate the ugly call answering box.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 07:49 AM
    Agree 100%, app not ready for release without PROPER Hub integration, ring tone selection and standard call answer buttons.
    You'll be better off not answering all the Whatsapp calls. If you are still stressed after doing that, uninstall the app so you can sleep better.
    04-03-15 10:28 AM
    You'll be better off not answering all the Whatsapp calls. If you are still stressed after doing that, uninstall the app so you can sleep better.
    And then I get all those unanswered calls in the Hub....one line per call. All I ask is to be able to turn them off. Really, how hard is it to stick to UI standards.
    04-04-15 10:38 PM
    And then I get all those unanswered calls in the Hub....one line per call. All I ask is to be able to turn them off. Really, how hard is it to stick to UI standards.
    Don't forget that the call screen on Whatsapp makes BB10 looked like a toy.
    04-05-15 01:31 AM
    How so? I don't normally look at the call screen as I don't have eyes in my ear.
    04-05-15 03:30 AM
    How so? I don't normally look at the call screen as I don't have eyes in my ear.
    Obviously your phone is dysfunctional. Wipe your phone then reinstall and start all over again. If you don't know how the hub works, there are tutorials online you can attend.
    04-05-15 06:19 AM
    Obviously your phone is dysfunctional. Wipe your phone then reinstall and start all over again. If you don't know how the hub works, there are tutorials online you can attend.
    I know how Hub works. It's the WhatsApp lack of choice on including calls in the Hub that I don't want. Clearly over your head. But I imagine reading my posts and your replies is beyond you...
    04-05-15 01:51 PM
    I think WhatsApp voice calls are only available for Android & BlackBerry phones. Not on iOS yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 02:35 PM
    I think WhatsApp voice calls are only available for Android & BlackBerry phones. Not on iOS yet.

Posted via CB10
    Seems like it. Seems like WhatsApp is having a harder time rolling out more advanced features to iOS.

Anyway, tried it today with my Mom in El Salvador. Worked about as well as BBM voice did (without the HD quality though). Still suffered from drops when she moved around the house (cement walls are less wifi friendly than our wood and paper houses up north).

What's interesting is that WhatsApp plays a two-beep tone whenever the connection is temporarily lost or lag exceeds a certain level,.. not sure what the purpose of that is except to fill the deafening silence... lol

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 08:09 PM
    I know how Hub works. It's the WhatsApp lack of choice on including calls in the Hub that I don't want. Clearly over your head. But I imagine reading my posts and your replies is beyond you...
    Read you loud and clear, just saying you are living your life in denial, get some help.
    04-05-15 11:10 PM
63 123