Whatsapp-img_20160701_001220.png

This poped-up when I opened my Whatsapp.. was really happy to c it....

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    06-30-16 01:43 PM
    06-30-16 01:47 PM
    Sad but true

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    06-30-16 03:08 PM
    Whatsapp-img_20160630_221501.png

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    06-30-16 03:15 PM
    After soo many years of BlackBerry users supporting Whatsapp....now they turn their backs to us...Wonder what will happen if BlackBerry gain some traction and then continue to get back more market share.....Will whatsapp support BlackBerry devices again?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 03:26 PM
    A lot of bb fans turned their back on whatsapp once bb10 was released. I wish I could find the thread. One of the developers from whatsapp was asking for feedback. Bb fanatics went on a rant talking about how bbm was superior, whatsapp sucks blah blah blah. Just another case of chickens coming home to roost.
    06-30-16 03:34 PM
    After soo many years of BlackBerry users supporting Whatsapp....now they turn their backs to us...Wonder what will happen if BlackBerry gain some traction and then continue to get back more market share.....Will whatsapp support BlackBerry devices again?

Posted via CB10
    And the probability of that is...
    06-30-16 03:50 PM
    BlackBerry, GAME OVER!

The End.

I'm going to sell my Z30 ASAP...

Sent From My BlackBerry Z30
    06-30-16 07:50 PM
    BlackBerry, GAME OVER!

The End.

I'm going to sell my Z30 ASAP...

Sent From My BlackBerry Z30
    Bye =-h

Via Pasta CB10
    06-30-16 07:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bb10 will never again gain traction

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 08:05 PM
    Bb10 will never again gain traction

Posted via CB10
    Never say never but I know you will cause you can't help yourself lol

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 10:48 PM
    Enjoy while it lasts

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 11:49 PM
    Who cares about what's app? Just asking. I am an engineer and never once came across someone that uses it. Or at least uses it for business.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 03:35 AM
    Who cares about what's app? Just asking. I am an engineer and never once came across someone that uses it. Or at least uses it for business.

Posted via CB10
    Purely depends on where you live. Unfortunately South Africa has about 5 million people using WhatsApp on BlackBerry. And many of them are still on BBOS 7 and below.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    07-01-16 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    You claim to be an engineer, and are supposed to reason with facts, not personal opinion. With regard to your question, put some of that "engineering" training to use and do some research. That, I guarantee, will answer your question.

Posted via CB10
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    07-01-16 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here in Europe litterally everybody uses it.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 11:19 AM
    well time to move on
    07-01-16 02:10 PM
    For the majority of people that get their phones on contract, what is Whastapp suggesting they do? If your contract is only one year into a two year contact, so they suggest you pay the early upgrade fee just to keep WhatsApp?

I would suggest the App may continue to work next year, just as the Facebook BB10 app continued to work.

Also, if it is as popular as we are lead to believe in the less affluent countries, they will have to continue to support it or there will likely be another third party app to replace it.

Posted via CB10
    eywong likes this.
    07-01-16 05:00 PM
    Let us develop our own messenger apps much like Whatsapp......we name it Whatsupp........i believe it can be easily done....we got lot of genius developer here...arentt we?

 BlackBerry Z10
    07-01-16 05:46 PM
    Let us develop our own messenger apps much like Whatsapp......we name it Whatsupp........i believe it can be easily done....we got lot of genius developer here...arentt we?

 BlackBerry Z10
    Do you know what copyright is?
    07-01-16 05:59 PM
    Do you know what copyright is?
    That would be trademark, actually, but the point stands.

/pedantic
    07-01-16 09:12 PM
    Appearing of a notification from whatsapp that made me think what happens to whatsapp on BB devices after 31/12/2016. It may seem BB os 10 may not be supported by many developers of famous apps in the future. So sad!

Posted via BlackBerry
    07-01-16 10:41 PM
    For the majority of people that get their phones on contract, what is Whastapp suggesting they do? If your contract is only one year into a two year contact, so they suggest you pay the early upgrade fee just to keep WhatsApp?
    They aren't suggesting anything. They're simply notifying you, well in advance, that they're going to disable support for a bunch of clients as of the end of the year. What you decide to do about it is totally up to you.

It isn't as though you could have bought a BB10 device and not be aware that BB10 sales have been in the toilet for years, and that the marketshare was so small that it hasn't been individually measurable for a year. Like any tech product, if you buy something non-mainstream, you take the risk of that product not being supported. WhatsApp has no obligation to support your device of choice.

I would suggest the App may continue to work next year, just as the Facebook BB10 app continued to work.
    Several WhatsApp developers have made it clear, right here on CB, that the listed clients are going to be disabled on the server side at the end of the year, which will allow them to roll out a bunch of new features on the remaining clients.

The tech world never sleeps, which is why platforms that aren't under constant, ongoing development are quickly made obsolete by changes to all of the related tech it relies on. BB10 hasn't been actively developed for more than 18 months - events like this were both inevitable and loudly predicted. More will follow.
    07-01-16 10:52 PM
    I have been using some Android app on my PP for a while based on some tests and advice from you guys, although they are old versions but they actually work well for me.

Anyone knows which version of Android WA I can use on my PP after Dec 2016?

Thanks in advance!
    07-02-16 07:08 AM
    There is already a discussion about this topic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-10-a-1078321/

Thread closed.
    07-02-16 07:27 AM