Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What's the word on multitasking?

Those lucky enough to have the Z10 already, what's the word on multitasking?

If you owned a PB, does it feel the same? For example, can you have a flash video stream running in background whilst you peak and eventually load the hub into an email/etc..? Can you do a video chat whilst you have another app in the foreground? One thing I liked about the PB is the multitasking and ability video chat, swipe to an email, then load up a browser and not miss a beat whilst discussing the email contents with the person.
    Last edited by donbalaan; 02-05-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Probably not or you'd have thousands more posts complaining about battery life.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by donbalaan View Post
    For example, can you have a flash video stream running in background whilst you peak and eventually load the hub into an email/etc..
    this seems to work in Portrait mode, not Landscape
    ==========================================
    - Avid fan of BB 9700 and 9850 - the 5mp camera addition made life so much easier (even though it was fairly crap!). Waited a long time for a Q10, including being 5 months past my 'upgrade' date from the carrier - lost my nerve and got the Z10 1st Feb 2013. Probably switching back to a 9900 while I wait for OS fixes/upgrades. Proud Londoner (that's in the UK, guys!)
    http://www.thorstenfixplease.co.uk/
    ==========================================
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

This is an excellent question and I was wondering that myself. I know that when an app gets minimized it still doesn't its thing and it's obviously different from the pb. But how different?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts

I just tried playing a flash video and as soon as I minimised or went into the hub it paused playing but resumed as soon as I went back to the browser. However it continues playing while performing a gesture such as peeking.

With HTML5 videos the sound will carry on playing in the background although it appears that the thumbnails are always paused for any app while minimised.

So it does behave quite differently to the PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Can you begin capturing a video (or audio) and then switch to the web browser and then come back and see if the video capture not only worked while away but is still capturing?
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)

Quote Originally Posted by tharrison4815 View Post
    Please note, the playbook has a setting and must be set to "showcase" for full functioning. Is this option present?
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks for illustrating examples. It would be interesting to know if there is. "showcase" setting as described by @toodeurep. As without that setting on the PB you can gain true multitasking and apps will pause in background like the others.

Quote Originally Posted by tharrison4815 View Post
    I just tried playing a flash video and as soon as I minimised or went into the hub it paused playing but resumed as soon as I went back to the browser. However it continues playing while performing a gesture such as peeking.

With HTML5 videos the sound will carry on playing in the background although it appears that the thumbnails are always paused for any app while minimised.