From time to time (even with no apps running) I'll notice that the location service icon is showing in the bar at the top of the display.

I was hoping the new app monitor would show what is using it but it doesn't .

Is there a way, or are there any apps that can display what app is using this?

Thanks.

Posted from a touch screen phone with no trackpad. Please excuse the poor formatting a.d grammatical and spelling errors.
    10-29-13 02:04 AM
    it's the location based ads. some apps call on this. turn it off in settings>location services
    10-29-13 02:30 AM
    From time to time (even with no apps running) I'll notice that the location service icon is showing in the bar at the top of the display.

Thanks.

Posted from a touch screen phone with no trackpad. Please excuse the poor formatting a.d grammatical and spelling errors.
    You can check through this.. Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Application Permissions.. Tap drop down menu on permissions, select location and tap any app.

It only works for native apps, not for sideloaded apps / Android port..
    10-29-13 02:59 AM

Thanks.

I have the same problem, sometimes after I use an app which uses location services but it doesn't go away after I close the app.
    11-14-13 03:29 AM
    If the location service indicator does not disappear when all frames are closed it's either the system or an android app that causes the problem.

I would really like to have a log that shows location services requests from apps but AFAIK that does not exist on any platform without having root/jailbreak.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:36 AM
    I posted this issue in the Z10 forums a few days ago. As I type this, location services are currently on, for no apparent reason. Even from a fresh reboot with no apps open something will cause the gps to turn on. I've disabled it for most apps, deleted a ton of Android apps, but can't fix it. Im sure it's the cause of my worse battery life since upgrading to 10.2. Very annoying

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 07:43 AM
    Location service icon was showing next to my battery icon since yesterday and was draining my battery life.. i just denied permissions to all the apps i could and restarted the device and it comes back. What should i do??
    05-12-14 08:16 AM
    You can turn location based services off.

Posted via CB10
    Astro Boyzone likes this.
    05-12-14 08:21 AM
    Okay after testing a few things it seems i found the issue, when i switch off my Data services the location Icon comes up and when i switch on my data services it goes away.. What is this? can any expert on CrackBerry explain this?
    05-12-14 08:23 AM
    Okay after testing a few things it seems i found the issue, when i switch off my Data services the location Icon comes up and when i switch on my data services it goes away.. What is this? can any expert on CrackBerry explain this?
    Not really without knowing what else you have running. And what those applications really do, difficult to determine for sideloaded apps.

My LBS flag only comes on when i run an application that provides location service, maps and such.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 11:12 AM