Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jagrlover
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What's up with Telus .... Pre-register to learn about pre-order??

I went to the Telusmobility site and there seems to be an option to pre-register. As I understand it...you have to pre-register to learn about pre-order.
    If that's the case they're running it pretty close.
    If there's any chance of 'phone in hand' on Feb. 5 ..... there won't be much time to pre-order.
    Are they just trying to gauge interest? Will there even be a pre-order options?

Am I missing something on their site?
    CrackBerry Addict

You're not missing anything.
    bbecause it's bbetter
    dentynefire likes this.

I think Rogers is the only Canadian carrier that's offering an actual pre-order (or as they call it, reservations) for existing customers. All the others look like they only have a sign up page so that they can notify you when you can actually pre-order. I'm guessing we'll hear from them after January 30th.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina
    CrackBerry Abuser

I signed up for that e-mail thing for TELUS but as of yet, not one e-mail -_-
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Nice to see Telus commit to BB10 ...... maybe.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,101 Global Posts

Just go to BestBuy for the true preorder for Telus.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Well, although Roger's provides the ability to actual pre-order, they don't for Business User's who are assigned Corporate Service Agents. They keep telling me they are working on it. No wonder people want phones not on contract and are prepared to pay for it. These phone companies are so out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ad19 View Post
    Just go to BestBuy for the true preorder for Telus.
    Are they only letting you do it if you're signing up or renewing on contract?
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah I was thinking the same thing I haven't gotten one email I signed up like the day the preregister was available. Oh well fail for TELUS just hope they have plenty at launch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: What's up with Telus .... Pre-register to learn about pre-order??

Spoke with Telus client service today. They had no clue when BB 10 was going to be available. Must be a well kept secret!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I'm with MTS and just last Friday we were able to put our names on a list but only some stores where taking pre order but you had to call to find out if the store near you was one of them and they didn't know when they where getting the phones so I hope its between the 30th and the 5th of Feb if its later I'm ok with that but to a point..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Really pissed with Telus.... seriously! preregister to get info.. If I wanna BB10 info, I just come to crackberry.com rather than give you another email addy to spam me.
    looks like I might have to switch to Rogers.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts

My guess is they're going to open pre-orders tomorrow, after the launch event, and begin sales about a week later. If it takes them any longer, I am going to very seriously consider switching carriers. I'm looking to get a plan with more data anyways, so maybe another carrier can make me a good deal.
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.821) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

If Telus is one day behind another carrier .... I'm switching. Their seeming lack of enthusiasm for this release has ticked me off. And I agree with Lazy .... another carrier might give a sweeter deal to lure me over. I've already completed my 3 year subscription so I've just been waiting for BB10!

Quote Originally Posted by LazyEvul View Post
    My guess is they're going to open pre-orders tomorrow, after the launch event, and begin sales about a week later. If it takes them any longer, I am going to very seriously consider switching carriers. I'm looking to get a plan with more data anyways, so maybe another carrier can make me a good deal.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,415 Global Posts

Telus is awful. When I phoned Telus about BB10 the guy said "let me google that for you" ummm thanks?
    CrackBerry Abuser

was wondering the exact same thing. TELUS get with it!.......pre-reg to wait to hear about an email to hopefully in the future pre-order, etc etc etc....... and now it's tues at 5pm. what gives......
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,107 Global Posts

If you guys follow @telus then you would know that they are pushing bb10.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

LoL - Telus ppl know nothing until it hits the website
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Today at 4:00 pm .... Telus kiosk confirmed that they won't be getting the phones till Feb. 7 ...... I asked if they were certain ..... and they confirmed that date. Said the main Telus locations will be getting them on the 5th.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,903 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basicbill View Post
    Today at 4:00 pm .... Telus kiosk confirmed that they won't be getting the phones till Feb. 7 ...... I asked if they were certain ..... and they confirmed that date. Said the main Telus locations will be getting them on the 5th.
    Yep, I suspected it would be the 5th. I guess that will have to do, it's not too bad. Still want to try for a plan with more data though.
    Passport (10.3.0.1418) | Z30 (10.3.1.821) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Abuser

That is interesting because Telus has been tweeting #Blackberry10 like crazy, mentioning it way more than Rogers or any other carrier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

I'd love to be proved wrong. If Telus comes through....all the better.

Quote Originally Posted by .pinkberry View Post
    That is interesting because Telus has been tweeting #Blackberry10 like crazy, mentioning it way more than Rogers or any other carrier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Unfortunately the last time I tweeted Telus all the agent could tell me was to tweet a link to the page I have to preregister for more info. Hopefully if above post is indeed true, I can wait another week but likely not with Telus anymore.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I Pre-ordered at BestBuy .
    They just asked what carrier and I told them Telus.