I really can't see for the life of me why there's the contacts app. When there's contacts in the the phone option of the phone. And I find it tedious having to open the contacts app to see more info why not unify it as one.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:26 PM
    Well, to manage contacts..

You can't edit contacts directly from the Phone App, you have to open Contacts
    02-26-15 04:31 PM
    Exactly why isn't it unified like I did mention in my post. It's not exactly getting things done quickly.

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    02-26-15 04:34 PM
    The phone contact list is just a subset of your contacts - only those with phone numbers.

It is unified - it's just a window to your contacts app.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:35 PM
    Exactly why isn't it unified like I did mention in my post. It's not exactly getting things done quickly.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone here knows the answer to this question, unless they happen to work for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:35 PM
    I actually find the Phone Apps Contact List useless, if i wanted to choose a contact I would have opened the Contacts App in the first place
    02-26-15 04:41 PM
    I actually find the Phone Apps Contact List useless, if i wanted to choose a contact I would have opened the Contacts App in the first place
    I never use it either. But choice is always a good thing.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:42 PM
    Your missing my point the phone app should do everything the contacts app does. Doing away with the contacts app and no having to open another app just to view contact information . Seems long winded to me.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:46 PM
    I don't think anyone here knows the answer to this question, unless they happen to work for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure iOS does the same thing. Phone and contacts app are separate. But you can access contacts from either.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:49 PM
    Your missing my point the phone app should do everything the contacts app does. Doing away with the contacts app and no having to open another app just to view contact information . Seems long winded to me.

Posted via CB10
    I get it. But you'll understand why you want separated apps eventually. It's more a UI/UX decision and not cluttering an app with too many settings.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 04:50 PM
    As another example, just because you can see your pictures in the pictures app and from the file manager does not mean it's not unified. Just two places you can access them from depending on your needs.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 04:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know it's all personal preference, but I don't want to have to open the Phone App just to go through my contacts. Especially since most of what I do in the Contacts app rarely has anything to do with calling someone.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    02-26-15 05:50 PM
    I know it's all personal preference, but I don't want to have to open the Phone App just to go through my contacts. Especially since most of what I do in the Contacts app rarely has anything to do with calling someone.

Posted via CB10
    This.

OP, you'll find not everybody uses their phones the same way you do, and BlackBerry has to offer something that will work for everybody.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep this is what I was going to say. I use the contacts app mostly to find someone's address or email, not as often to call them. It would actually be worse without the app, having to open the phone app then switch to the contacts tab.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 10:20 PM
    You have to look at it from the point of view that you are not everyone. For example I use one of my BlackBerries for business only. Adding contacts, editing contacts, adding notes, sending contact cards.. Non-stop, all day, everyday. Contacts frame is always open. If I had to do this from the phone app all day, it would be horrible.

Also having 2 different apps for calls and for contacts allows me to be on the phone and switch to contacts to edit someone's contact details while on the phone. It is better for me to have it in 2 apps. They need to cater to a lot if people's needs.

- Chris Murphy 
    02-27-15 07:26 AM