I am using BB Q10 for 1.5 years and impressed with the OS and its capabilities i upgraded to Z30 some 3 months back. I am very happy with the OS and device functionality.

This migration to Android has made me sad , very sad .. I choose a wrong OS or was it something wrong with BB10 ?

The questions that pop up my mind are

1. Will there be future devices released in BB10 platform ?

2. Will there be a BB10 version so PRIV?

3. Will SDK and other native tools of BB10 still be developed and supported. ?

4. Chen promised 10.3.3 n 10.3.4 good to see , but will there be any improvement or change in the way android apps work in BB10 ?
    i am sick of android layer in BB10 , if you are not improving it , kill it . I will be more than happy to use it as a BB10 device than a android hybrid .

Is there a way to remove the android layer all together ?

5. If blackberry is going to stop supporting or developing BB10 ? .. is there a chance the OS can become OPEN- SOURCE ? or Will they allow us to unlock boot-loader to load other OS in current BB10 devices.

Overall happy for Blackberry as they have decided to join to Android . But leaving behind your loyalist is something very disturbing .
    09-26-15 01:07 AM
    Open source... you'll find it in your dishwasher eventually

Bumpkin
    09-26-15 04:32 AM
    I am using BB Q10 for 1.5 years and impressed with the OS and its capabilities i upgraded to Z30 some 3 months back. I am very happy with the OS and device functionality.

This migration to Android has made me sad , very sad .. I choose a wrong OS or was it something wrong with BB10 ?

The questions that pop up my mind are

1. Will there be future devices released in BB10 platform ?

2. Will there be a BB10 version so PRIV?

3. Will SDK and other native tools of BB10 still be developed and supported. ?

4. Chen promised 10.3.3 n 10.3.4 good to see , but will there be any improvement or change in the way android apps work in BB10 ?
    i am sick of android layer in BB10 , if you are not improving it , kill it . I will be more than happy to use it as a BB10 device than a android hybrid .

Is there a way to remove the android layer all together ?

5. If blackberry is going to stop supporting or developing BB10 ? .. is there a chance the OS can become OPEN- SOURCE ? or Will they allow us to unlock boot-loader to load other OS in current BB10 devices.

Overall happy for Blackberry as they have decided to join to Android . But leaving behind your loyalist is something very disturbing .
    My speculation :
    1- No new bb10 device.
    2- No new bb10 version of priv.
    3- No new Sdk and native tools.
    4- No new improvement with the android runtime.
    5- No chance of bb10 becoming open source.

It is obvious BlackBerry is going full Android mode, the Priv being successful or not. Bb10 will just remain in support mode like PlayBook OS.
    I think it is the best choice for them, but they are just greedy **** not to tell you the truth. At least they are not making empty promises (� la PlayBook) .

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 06:13 AM