So I've asked this question in other threads but haven't gotten any replies. Nor have I seen much discussed about it. I think the (non-existant) bookmark management on the Playbook is a major omission frequently complained about and I thought this would be a topic asked about often.

On BB10...
    1. Can someone tell me if bookmarks can be moved around and custom-sorted?
    2. Can their titles be edited?
    3. Can you create nested bookmarks?
    4. For security purposes, I'd like to hide some bookmarks. For the curious, these are financial and bank sites. Just don't want to make it easy for someone to try and hack into an account if I lose my phone or it gets stolen.

Thanks for your replies...
    02-06-13 08:14 PM
    Bump....anyone know?
    02-06-13 08:51 PM
    Wow...all these new Z10 owners and no one has tried out the browser yet. Or maybe its just as bad as the Playbook version.

In any case, for those of you looking for the same answers I'll be sure to post them once I get my device.
    02-06-13 09:16 PM
    Kevin fro mCrackberry should do a video showing the web browser. How it fucntiuons in gerneal, cover book marks. How do tabs work? etc.

The only down side I heard is that if you let the browser exit the top 8 list, it shuts down and when you restart it doesn't remember what pages you were on. It should atleast reload the last session like Firefox does.
    dynot likes this.
    02-06-13 09:23 PM
    4. For security purposes, I'd like to hide some bookmarks. For the curious, these are financial and bank sites. Just don't want to make it easy for someone to try and hack into an account if I lose my phone or it gets stolen.
    1. no right now, at BBJam americas they said they can look into it if enough users demanded it but it was not a priority
    2. YES
    3. No but you can use tags in case you have may bookmarks that belong to one category
    4. You can't hide bookmarks

The only down side I heard is that if you let the browser exit the top 8 list, it shuts down and when you restart it doesn't remember what pages you were on. It should atleast reload the last session like Firefox does.
    You can set this in the browser settings >> Display and Actions>> On Startup choose between show my homepage or show last tabs
    dynot likes this.
    02-06-13 09:29 PM
    1. no right now, at BBJam americas they said they can look into it if enough users demanded it but it was not a priority
    Thanks ealvnv.

I can't believe that this is not a priority. Have they not been listening to all the complaints from PB owners?

I can see now why there hasn't been much discussion about these browser features.
    02-06-13 09:41 PM
    Kevin fro mCrackberry should do a video showing the web browser. How it fucntiuons in gerneal, cover book marks. How do tabs work? etc..
    Absolutely...seems those early reviews weren't too detailed nor objective enough. I don't want to be obligated to go to another tech website to find out where the weaknesses of the Z10 are.
    02-06-13 09:44 PM
    Thanks ealvnv.

I can't believe that this is not a priority. Have they not been listening to all the complaints from PB owners?

I can see now why there hasn't been much discussion about these browser features.
    I know but i believe there are some third party bookmark management apps or you can set up your own, i use xmarks and exported an html file, renamed it to index.html and saved this on my dropbox public folder, then set the browser to use this as my browser homepage
    dynot likes this.
    02-06-13 10:02 PM
    So I've asked this question in other threads but haven't gotten any replies. Nor have I seen much discussed about it. I think the (non-existant) bookmark management on the Playbook is a major omission frequently complained about and I thought this would be a topic asked about often.

On BB10...

Thanks for your replies...
    1. You can use tags to sort and organizate your bookmarks. Not that has even been something I have done with any browser. The ones I go to are always at the top of my history list or very easy to find. The fact you have screenshots of the webpage works for me.
    2. Yes
    3. Using tags.
    4. You can't hide bookmarks. Put a password on your phone.
    02-06-13 10:36 PM