The main OSs come with key apps like the camera app, assistant etc, already baked in. I know it's arguable, but BlackBerry apps like the camera app are inferior, although it has improved a lot in the last two years. So has BlackBerry assistant. But I would personally pay a fair amount for significantly improved ones. Would you? If so, how could we all coordinate? What specific apps?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:01 AM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Happy with what Blackberry provides...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 01:14 AM
    I always say I like to pay good prices for good work. The price I'd pay for an app pretty much depends on how important it is for me. Back in the (good?) ol' days of Symbian, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry legacy OS you could easily pay up to 20 bucks for a good calendar app. I remember back many years ago I was pretty happy I got a specific calendar app on the last discount day for just EUR 11 instead of 17, lol.

So yes, as long as the app is good and well maintained, I have no problems at all paying for it. After all the developer(s) spending time on their app needs to earn some money too.

Posted via CB10
    pppro likes this.
    04-17-15 02:33 AM
    Depends on if the app is useful for me. For example, I'd even pay a monthly subscription fee for BlackBerry Traffic.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 08:00 AM
    Everyone has their own list of demands before they commit their $20 or whatever so you would end up with about $2000 and a list of 30 features which would buy pretty much nothing in terms of software development. You can't even fully test an app for that much.
    04-17-15 08:03 AM
    I would only pay BlackBerry more money for core OS features if I bought a new handset.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 06:59 PM
    To be clear. As I buy my phones outright, and unlocked, I expect the core features, or what is now considered core features on a BB to be "bullet proof". Apps like calendar, camera, contacts, sync, email, BBM, etc. should be outstanding and innovative. As an example NOT like the new calendar in 10.3.

For additional apps, I am happy to pay $5, $10, $15, $20 or more for apps that work, that are ideally native, that allow me to fully control the permissions, don't mine my data, don't track me, don't send USELESS advertising.

Just my thoughts.
    04-18-15 10:00 PM