So I've heard a lot about this upcoming update, but I'm not sure why is it so important.
    Anyone knows anything about this update?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M Ress; 03-20-13 at 06:10 AM.
    03-19-13 01:55 PM
    I don't know ANYTHING about it. I just sure hope they fix at least one of the email problems, that being the VERY limiting 30 day maximum... so silly of blackberry.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-19-13 02:30 PM
    They should also figure out how to get push email back for basic pop or imap email. I miss getting my emails in a speedy manor.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    03-19-13 02:31 PM
    I am using outlook with activesync and I am getting my emails immediately, just like when I was using the Iphone 4s.
    03-19-13 02:35 PM
    One thing I know for sure is lots of big fixes Idk about the new features yet

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    03-19-13 02:38 PM
    Can't wait for this update. The phone isn't really that buggy to begin with IMO, so I always get super excited for the little added/updated features.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 04:35 PM
    i want my customisable notifications and profiles back
    03-19-13 04:45 PM
    I am using outlook with activesync and I am getting my emails immediately, just like when I was using the Iphone 4s.
    What is active sync? Sorry I'm learning here. Is it an enterprise thing? Small Business, just a couple computers on a wifi network. Is this an option for me? Thanks
    03-19-13 05:45 PM
    i want my customisable notifications and profiles back
    What about the customization of notifications are you missing?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    03-19-13 06:23 PM
    What about the customization of notifications are you missing?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Changing vibration settings, how long, how many, different colors notifications other then the stock red for starters. That's what I miss the most lol

Posted via CB10
    jagrlover likes this.
    03-19-13 06:41 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:43 PM
    I had forgotten about the vibration settings. Let's hope it's in the pipes for the near future.

I don't always comment on CrackBerry but when I do its on my Zader10 via CB10
    acemauro3 likes this.
    03-19-13 06:58 PM
    I'm really missing the vibrate in holster setting.

Posted via CB10
    Shintocam likes this.
    03-19-13 08:00 PM
    Let's hope for Android 4.1 compatibility so we can enjoy some of those Android apps until some companies come to the senses and produce their apps for BB10

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:57 PM
    Trackpad support!
    03-19-13 09:17 PM
    They should also figure out how to get push email back for basic pop or imap email. I miss getting my emails in a speedy manor.
    I don't understand this. I get my Gmail, imap - not active sync - immediately. Would this have something to do with the carrier?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:39 PM
    What trackpad?

I wish the magnifying glass circle for edit text is bigger. If you drag down to see the text it will go to the next line.
    03-19-13 10:25 PM
    I don't understand this. I get my Gmail, imap - not active sync - immediately. Would this have something to do with the carrier?

Posted via CB10
    Carrier is Bell. I don't think they have anything to do with it though. What are you calling 'push'? Cause os7 email was literally delivered seconds after sent from the sender. With bb10 I'm averaging about 9 minutes.
    03-19-13 10:32 PM
    I hope we can add passwords to certain or all remember folders.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    03-19-13 10:46 PM
    What trackpad?

I wish the magnifying glass circle for edit text is bigger. If you drag down to see the text it will go to the next line.
    How about if the magnifier actually MAGNIFIED something? All it is is a circle around the text. It doesn't actually enlarge or zoom as the apple iteration does. It doesn't make placing the cursor any easier than random poking in my experience. Really needs improvement.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:30 PM
    I have Gmail set up with IMAP IDLE, and I get my emails instantaneously. In fact, in the settings, there is a "Push" toggle for emails.
    03-20-13 12:18 AM
    Web works Keyboard input type number fix I hope....

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 12:46 AM
    BlackBerry went over this at BlackBerry Jam Europe. 10.1 brings Q10 support, and that's is for major new features. There's no Android Player updates or other major features.

There will be a few small features we've heard about, like more customization of notifications (though I don't expect it to be BBOS-like quite yet). There will of course also be lots of bug fixes.

Gmail discontinued support for ActiveSync on Jan 30th. Those of us lucky enough to get Z10s on January 30th (invited to the launch party) set it up with ActiveSync, everyone else has used IMAP. That being said, IMAP supports push for new emails (but not for read/unread). If you're getting new emails more than about 10 seconds after they arrive in your inbox you might want to try deleting your account and re-adding it. I've found that doing it over the cell network works better, if I do it on WiFi I sometimes only get push when on WiFi.

What is active sync? Sorry I'm learning here. Is it an enterprise thing? Small Business, just a couple computers on a wifi network. Is this an option for me? Thanks
    ActiveSync is an email push technology supported by certain email servers. Gmail no longer supports ActiveSync, they discontinued it January 30th. Outlook.com supports ActiveSync. If you're using the Outlook desktop software that's not the same thing as Outlook.com. If Outlook is connected to an Exchange mail server then Exchange supports ActiveSync, otherwise it's up to your email provider what they support.

Whether it's an option for you depends entirely on whether your email provider supports it. If not you can still get push email via IMAP IDLE, again provided that your email provider supports it. Your computers/network aren't a factor here unless you're running your own email server (uncommon for a small business).
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-20-13 01:25 AM
    Let's hope for Android 4.1 compatibility so we can enjoy some of those Android apps until some companies come to the senses and produce their apps for BB10

Posted via CB10
    And in 10.2, BlackBerry dump the Android runtime and all native apps are Built For BlackBerry/Cascades with a little sticker on their BBW icon. ><

Posted via CB10
    sauron4 likes this.
    03-20-13 01:47 AM
    All I want in 10.1 is the option to have the remaining battery life percentage next to the battery icon.
    03-20-13 05:11 AM
58 123