- CrackBerry Genius
02-18-13, 10:33 AM #179
- 2,427 Posts
In 24 hours of using this new OS, this is what I have as a wish list of revisions:
1) Switch to clock upon charging.
2) More options in Bedside mode: The old OS had it spot on, just mirror what OS7 bedside mode could do and you have a winner.
3) Improve Bridge: Just Mirror OS7
4) Flick up to close active frame (same as PB)
Still feeling my way around this, but I love it otherwise. Makes my 9810 feel like a brick
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-18-13, 03:05 PM #182
- 5 Posts
hi guys i have blackberry z10 white one is so cool but still waiting for more improvements of there ui moves i hope also they will fix the broadcast message in bbm in one click select all
just wana share you guys a tweaks that i hav notice a "screenshots" just by pressing volume bottons up and down at the same time
hope you like my simple tweaks regards keep safe
- 02-18-13, 03:19 PM #183
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but i would love it if:
Phone Calls Only allowed you to have LED notification for all other messages, but sound only for Phone Calls and/or BBM Voice/Video
Facebook Messages came in on time, not extremely delayed
- 02-18-13, 05:47 PM #185
A couple things that are bothering me about the keyboard:
When you pull the keyboard down to hide it, there is a 3-5 second delay before you can click back into the 'enter a message' box. This is annoying when you accidentally hide the keyboard.
Also, moving the cursor/caret in your text message can be painful as well. Sometimes the smiley face button and the keyboard are too sensitive, so when I'm trying to select text near the edge of the text area, I end up hiding the keyboard or going into the smileys tab. This sometimes happens repeatedly and I give up on it.
- 02-18-13, 05:49 PM #186
I still have my 9810 - torn between the Z10 and Q10, and hoping for a slider. I believe all my points have already been suggested, but as a power user, these are my priority updates:
1. Infinite email storage. 30 days is not enough. I've been okay with the 30 day limit on my Playbook because I don't really use it for email. But I have my limit at 120 days on the phone, and this has proven to be very important countless times. Email is THE reason I got a BlackBerry - I probably receive 25-50 and send 10-20 messages a day, and have 3 main accounts (I monitor 6 on the phone).
2. More customization in the notification profiles (sounds and LED). Super important to highlight priority email accounts and senders; I am currently using Advance OS and LED so that even when it's on silent, I know what's important.
3. The OS7 bridge functions. Okay, even if the Hub is tricky to implement, at least give me access to the other things.
- 02-18-13, 05:49 PM #187
Also, custom profiles are a must! At the very least, being able to use custom profiles to simply override certain settings would be nice. For example, I used to have a Phone Only Vibrate custom profile on my old BB. This turned off all notifications except for LEG and vibrations for phone calls. This was perfect for work as I don't like to bother other people with sounds but also don't like missing phone calls.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-19-13, 02:24 AM #188
- 1 Posts
Have Contacts as a menu item above HUB in the HUB listing of message accounts, and move notifications to the bottom. The way it is now you have to make 3 gestures from the hub to open/search contacts you want to send a message to or call, if Contacts were accessible in the HUB, 1 gesture only.
- CrackBerry Addict
02-20-13, 01:15 AM #192
- 871 Posts
- Ability to send pin to pin messaging and not just receive.
- Bluetooth led on when paired to a device.
- BBM in landscape.
- Speed dial assigned to keypad.
- Voice Mail icon issue fix.
- Time and date option to lock on home screen.
- Bedside mode improvement.
- More ring tones & sounds for messaging.
- A folder to place personal ringtones in instead of putting them in music.
- Hub Icon on home screen.(yes its got the 3 dots but thats a biznitch to find when driving)
- E-Mail account option on homescreen.
- When you open BBM make it go str8 to your contact list as opposed to chats(might be a setting that I missed)
- Fix the issue of four square ghost icon re appearing even when its deleted.
- Allow youtube to play VEVO video's.
- Minor glitch with beats by dre studio(with hands free mic) only playing in one ear unless you launch the media player first then plug them in.
- Bring back equalizer in media player.
- Allow to re-size pictures smaller for e-mail.
- Option for auto turn off and on.
- Scroll through e-mails with side swipe like os7.
- Option to delete e-mail from device or main mailbox.
- Better crop and zoom for bbm profile pictures.
- Option to set the top lock button or middle button between the volume rockers as a connivence key.
- Touch battery and show percentage.
P.S. I LOVE MY Zed-10 and I'm not bashing it in anyway, BESDES NOT HAVING OPTION TO SEND PIN! This device surpriseg the heck out of me with it's all around quickness.....
Last edited by BoldBigWorm; 02-20-13 at 01:39 AM.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-20-13, 06:38 AM #193
- 4 Posts
Here's my tuppence:
- LED: Switch off low battery LED, or have adjustable threshold. (you blinking away isn't helping my low battery!)
- Calendar: Fade prior entries (I like when my day is greyed out!)
- Calendar: Smaller font on Day setting, (too much white space)
- Calendar: FIX BBM Group calendar bugs!!
- Keyboard: Pound sign £ on UK English should not be a screen behind dollar sign $.
- Keyboard: Smilie descriptions somehow? (don't want to send sarcastic inadvertently)
- Remember: Main page, folder entries count should not include completed items. (Ie, all completed, folder count = 0)
- Icons: When moving icons around on home screens, swap not re-order (although saves downloading a puzzle game...)
Many already posted I agree with wholeheartedly. Looking forward to coming months.
- 02-20-13, 09:17 AM #194
Is Team BlackBerry reading our feature-requests here? If so, when are we going to hear from them about what features are planned for next OS update and when is the OS update coming due?
I think it'd help a lot if Team BlackBerry starts a two-way interaction with it's end users. Let us know what feature-requests have been accepted and when they can be expected.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-20-13, 10:44 AM #195
- 143 Posts
long press an email, then going to the very bottom right of the screen to delete is becoming annoying, why not have some main pop ups come up right above where you long pressed? (reply, fwd, del). less steps is more productive (or at lest move those options closer to where you long pressed)
- CrackBerry User
02-20-13, 10:58 PM #197
- 48 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, and I don't think it's just a small tweak but..
Some sort of gaming right on BBM. Simple things like chess, checkers, tic tac toe, air hockey/ping pong (to start off with at least). That would make BBM much more kick-***. I was honestly expecting something like this.
- CrackBerry User
02-21-13, 07:15 AM #200
- 29 Posts
I'd like the ability to contact someone directly from a bbm, text or email conversation via the over flow menu rather than going to the contact profile then contact card. Just select how you want to make contact, phone, email, text etc...
Posted via CB10
- By biznessninja in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 24Last Post: 09-10-15, 06:59 PM
- By gliveron in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 4Last Post: 05-31-14, 10:07 PM
- By dkonigs in forum T-MobileReplies: 126Last Post: 02-19-14, 05:41 AM
- By biznessninja in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 0Last Post: 02-12-14, 03:27 PM
- By shiftymagoo in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-12-14, 03:11 PM