PS/ And one more thing that many people have mentioned: the option to chose different ringtones for different e-mail accounts, BBM, SMS, etc. I presume this will happen with the update(s) to come . . .?
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-12-13 06:35 PM
    My list thus far:

• Fix CalDAV (with Gmail an iCloud)
    • Allow us to change what sound profile the bell icon in the quick settings menu switches between. I'd like to switch between Normal and Vibrate Only, not just Normal and Silent.
    • Allow me to change which folder sent messages get stored in for IMAP accounts. I dislike having two Sent folders.
    • Allow me to change the amount of days emails get displayed from. This 30 day limit is not preferrable, I'd like to set infinite.
    • Exclude ringtones from Music app
    • Allow pincode-type password. I'd like to have a big number display to enter a number. Much faster for me.
    • Remove the shadow backdrop from each app icon. Looks weird.
    • Long shot, but re-word the whole 'Software Release' and 'OS Release'. Perhaps a 'Carrier Bundle Release' would be better suited for 'Software Release'?
    • Another long shot, but accent colours. I like the blue that comes across on the Hub titlebar and bottom nav buttons, but if I could change this to another colour and have it reflect across the system other than apps that specifically specify colour, that would be epic.
    • Please let me change my reply email text colour. I dislike the standard blue.
    • Rich text email signatures, with fonts.
    • Better photo album management. In particular, with iPhoto Events. Right now all my events are bunched together in a folder with my computer name. When I go into File Browser I see the events are in their respective folders but in the Pictures app it's all under one name. With over 13,000 photos (I like to have all my photos at all times), it becomes a hassle to manage.
    • More than one calendar item on the lock screen, and perhaps some customization options for the lock screen.
    • For alarms, right now two buttons are there. One for snooze and one for dismiss. Dismiss is really easy to hit by accident when you're 95% asleep. Perhaps make a user swipe up to dismiss, and only have one button for snooze?

I'm sure I have more but that is all I can think of for now.
    xxslxx, xadium and nycspaces. like this.
    02-12-13 07:07 PM
    Bring full BB Traffic functionality to Maps
    BB Travel
    Back up functionality to BB Protect
    Data monitor by app like in OS7
    Kobo reader
    Fix Twitter bug where my avatar is random when looking at my own timeline
    Add ability to change my avatar from within Twitter app
    Integrate video and music stores from my PlayBook with the new video and music stores in BlackBerry World
    Bring full OS6 profile management to BB10
    Bring full OS6 bedside mode to BB10
    Push email
    Full data compression
    02-12-13 07:49 PM
    This thread is now tl;dr but I'd like to add to my previous post the ability to adjust snooze time at the snooze pop up screen.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-12-13 08:05 PM
    faster at opening stuff other than that awesome phone!!
    02-12-13 08:11 PM
    Brighter screen, bigger 3rd party app font, more ringtones, and customization of alerts.
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-12-13 08:14 PM
    My list thus far:[*]Fix CalDAV (with Gmail an iCloud)
    What is the issue you are having with this maybe we can figure it out

[*]Allow us to change what sound profile the bell icon in the quick settings menu switches between. I'd like to switch between Normal and Vibrate Only, not just Normal and Silent.
    Go the notifications settings and change your profile to vibrate only, now go back to the main screen and try it, cool huh?

[*]Allow me to change which folder sent messages get stored in for IMAP accounts. I dislike having two Sent folders.
    If you sync all your folders then this is not an issue and it works as you are looking it to work
    [*]Please let me change my reply email text colour. I dislike the standard blue.
    hide the keyboard and click format, change the color font now, i know is not set as default but you can still do it
    [*]More than one calendar item on the lock screen, and perhaps some customization options for the lock screen.
    It shows up to 3 for me

[*]For alarms, right now two buttons are there. One for snooze and one for dismiss. Dismiss is really easy to hit by accident when you're 95% asleep. Perhaps make a user swipe up to dismiss, and only have one button for snooze?
    Try to actually swipe up and see what happens you might be surprised
    LAZYMAN 91 likes this.
    more free games lol haha
    im with you on the ringtones haha
    02-12-13 08:15 PM
    Kobo reader
    Ask Kobo
    Integrate video and music stores from my PlayBook with the new video and music stores in BlackBerry World
    This is currently in the works

Push email
    There is already push email, so this one does not count
    02-12-13 08:16 PM
    Brighter screen, bigger 3rd party app font, more ringtones, and customization of alerts.
    That is an issue with the developer and the BlackBerry
    02-12-13 08:17 PM
    an app that charges the battery or helps the battery life
    02-12-13 08:17 PM
    an app that charges the battery or helps the battery life
    Monitoring apps actually decrease battery life because their service needs to be running all the time therefore wasting battery life
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-12-13 08:21 PM
    Add a simple way for people to sync to desktop Outlook.
    02-12-13 08:24 PM
    What is the issue you are having with this maybe we can figure it out
    CalDAV issue I am having is exact same as listed here.

Go the notifications settings and change your profile to vibrate only, now go back to the main screen and try it, cool huh?
    Awesome! Can't believe I didn't notice this!

If you sync all your folders then this is not an issue and it works as you are looking it to work
    I do sync all my folders and it still puts messages in its own sent folder, which is opposite of all my other devices.

hide the keyboard and click format, change the color font now, i know is not set as default but you can still do it
    A nice workaround but a more permanent solution would be nice.

It shows up to 3 for me
    I wish.

Try to actually swipe up and see what happens you might be surprised
    That's not the issue. The issue is when it is waking me up in the morning I'm just pressing the screen hoping I'm hitting the snooze button. Have hit dismiss a couple of times. I like the way iOS does it, one button, snooze only. Want to turn alarm off? Unlock your phone.
    xxslxx and gabbleratchet like this.
    02-12-13 08:30 PM
    CalDAV issue I am having is exact same as listed here

That's not the issue. The issue is when it is waking me up in the morning I'm just pressing the screen hoping I'm hitting the snooze button. Have hit dismiss a couple of times. I like the way iOS does it, one button, snooze only. Want to turn alarm off? Unlock your phone.
    if you just want to snooze touch the screen anywhere and it will snooze it, swipe up to dismiss

Try this for calendar issues, mine is working well so far
    02-12-13 08:39 PM
    i would like to see the blackberry people listen to the ones who use the device on a daily bases. sometimes i wonder what these guys think. there are many great improvements listed but do they listen i wonder. give me a the best of apple mixed with the best of android and blackberrys messaging integration best all around and a qwerty keybord version first, then we can talk.
    02-12-13 08:57 PM
    if you just want to snooze touch the screen anywhere and it will snooze it, swipe up to dismiss

Try this for calendar issues, mine is working well so far
    Doesn't really apply for iCloud calendars.

02-12-13 09:02 PM
    Fix the clock. Fix the bug that makes it so that every morning I have to lock the screen and launch the camera just to get out of the clock app and then still can't close it when minimized. Seriously, they demoed the clock like crazy prior to launch, did no one notice it's the buggiest app on the platform?
    02-12-13 09:13 PM
    Doesn't really apply for iCloud calendars.

You can't edit calendar entries when using icloud calendar right?

02-12-13 11:27 PM
    Allow flagged emails to be transferred to evernote folders.

02-13-13 12:06 AM
    For consolidation, I am pasting my list (from another thread I created):

Having played with BB Z10 some more, I feel BB 10 is phenomenal! So, I am nitpicking here but here is my wishlist. Would love to see them in next OS update (30 days?):

Hub - I agree with most constructive criticism noted in CrackBerry's review of Z10. Fixes to HUBs should be highest priority.

Improved Browser - improved panning/zooming of text paragraphs. Browser hasn't crashed on me but I've seen some users reporting browser crashes. High priority fix.

BBM Voice (offline mode): ability to appear-offline on BBM VOICE (not text chat) at-will.

Sound and Alerts profile (like in OS 7) including:
    - be able to set sound for each account, different volume for different kinds of notifications
    - customize bedside mode, customize what to do on returning from bedside mode

Status bar - I want status bar to show # of notifications and kinds of notifications. BB 7 will show you # emails, #text message icon, #whatsapp messages, battery life, signal strength. I want that stuff visible in-app as well.

File management - ability to hide files/folders, password protect them

DLNA - ability to select folders I want to make available for DLNA (or exclude some folders from DLNA). I want to DLNA some music videos, but not videos I record from camera. So, I want to exclude certain folders from DLNA.

Home and Lock screen customization:
    - ability to hide apps
    - EMAIL icon (swiping gesture to get to Hub is a great shortcut, but there should be an EMAIL icon!)
    - customize what's displayed on lock-screen

Calendar Alarms and Multiple Alarms - need to be able to set multiple alarms

Email customizations -
    - Different alert for different emails
    - Email filtering rules
    - Customize font size (not just for header/subject)
    - Display first line of email's body as subject, if subject line is empty (like in BB 7)
    - ICON for email on home screen
    - Ability to store emails for more than 30 days
    - Option to delete from device, server, both
    - Improved push (gmail emails seem delayed, probably a gmail issue but BB should figure out a workaround to make it instant)

More VPN protocols and Bluetooth (Audio) Codecs - want APT-X Bluetooth audio codec for high quality audio streaming

Improved word substitution - no way to enter a hard-return in word substitution

Guest profile or Advanced Parental Controls - similar to "BlackBerry Balance" work-profile, I'd like create a Guest Profile that allows me to select a list of apps available for Guest Profile. I don't want children or guest peeking into emails, text messages, fb, twitter etc. Just use it to make phone calls and play games. If they try to open Email - ask for a Parental password or ask to switch to regular profile (password protected)

EDIT: Now that we've a decent quantity of apps on BlackBerry 10, it's all the more important to concentrate on quality of apps as well. Bring top 50 free, top 50 paid apps as native-apps to BlackBerry.

EDIT: iPhone to BB 10 and Android to BB 10 and Windows to BB 10 utility - I want BlackBerry to make available a utility (either as installable application or a cloud/web-app service) that will export all contacts, calendar, locally stored media from iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and then import it to BlackBerry 10.

NOTE 2: Also want "trackpad" - for better/faster precision and faster copy/paste of text. Trackpad makes text-manipulation/text-editing much faster. Come on, BlackBerry is all about "keep moving". Not having a track pad, slows us down when we want to copy/paste/edit text. But then again, this would not be an OS update but device update.
    Last edited by chrysaurora; 02-13-13 at 12:43 AM.
    xxslxx and R Field like this.
    02-13-13 12:14 AM
    Proper facebook and twitter apps. Ones that are on par, function and look the same as Android and iOS. Also, being able to dim the screen in another way instead of going into the display options (similar to the PlayBook).
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-13-13 08:29 AM
    some tweeks i would like to see are
    1) on lock-screen music/radio controls
    2) a on screen camera shutter like on other os's
    also a bit more options/ features in the camera, maybe a slight UI refinement (version 2.0)
    3) i think the settings page should be more like the playbooks own in a way
    4) the ability to pin open apps to the home screen
    4) more native apps in the os should become widgets when minimized not sure if music apps does it but the music app should at least offer album art name and play pause.
    5) icons should be redone i like the icons be some are hideous like the txt message icon
    6) ability to show other items on lock screen maybe weather
    7) am a radio app ( i mean this should have radio hardware (idk if it has this already)
    8) sound profile management like old bb os's
    9) maybe costume led light options for messages and calls / apps if its native u wont need a app to slow down ur phone build it in.
    10) live / panoramic wallpapers
    11) themes or @ least different colour schemes
    12) native flashlight toggle (easy to code man should have been there Samsung has it -_-)
    13) get native Facebook and twitter apps and skype the reworked android apps DO NOT WORK(full featured apps im talking about)
    14) revised power saving algorithm
    15) screen brightness slider in the drop down menu with wifi and bt toggles
    Last edited by Brandon Tobias; 02-13-13 at 10:25 AM.
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-13-13 10:07 AM
    10. The search in OS7 was more intelligent. In OS7, If I was searching my contacts for "John Doe" who works for "Acme Plumbing" I could have typed just about anything that contained a sequence of letters from the search string and it would find what I was looking for. For example I could have typed "John Plumb" and found it. Or "Doe Acme". Or "Acme John". The new search in OS10 is not nearly as powerful.
    elGuapoTorres and xxslxx like this.
    02-13-13 10:17 AM
1,485 ... 34567 ...