- CrackBerry Abuser
- 259 Posts
What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?
Post your ideas here (maybe someone from BB will read it )
I would like the Hub to default back to the main Hub and not last message read (or not the last folder you were in)
- 02-08-13, 10:43 PM #4
I have a running list.. will turn into an article. It's probably 100 + right now. Lots of little things. A few big ones too like fixing Bedside mode (need Phone Calls Only option and auto turn on with plugin). MANY are on the roadmap already - during our Z10 review process I gave a TON of feedback right back to BlackBerry directly. And odds are good they'll see a thread like this too.
It's clear that they locked things down to make sure they were ready for launch, but that a lot of the stuff pointed out was already slotted to be tweaked up soon. I'm thinking we'll see a maintenance release fairly quick (bug fixes), then a bigger OS update in a few months with more new features.
Definitely keep all the feedback coming and ideas too. Really want to follow this thread to see how everybody's thoughts line up with mine. One thing I've noticed talking to Z10 owners is that everybody seems to have one or two things they really value that are different from other people.
- 02-08-13, 10:44 PM #5
people please, there is like.... way to many threads like this already, would you be so kind on post on any of the others instead of creating a new one? pretty please....
yeah;; you too Kevin
Edit : Kevin can we get all similar threads merged into this one or close the others and redirect people to a centralized one please?
- CrackBerry User
02-08-13, 10:55 PM #7
- 90 Posts
I'd like to see the send button moved away from the bottom right corner. I find it tricky to nail when typing at speed one handed. Not sure where I would put it, however. Edit: even flipping it to the other side of the keyboard would help (where the ?123 button appears). Edit*2: Or double tap space bar to send?
Also, when creating a folder, I wish the icons lined up at the bottom of the screen and not at the top; easier to reach with one hand.
Just my 10 cents.
Loving the BlackBerry 10 experience!
- CrackBerry Addict
02-08-13, 11:22 PM #12
- 770 Posts
I don't have a Z10 yet, but I have played with one a few times at Best Buy and Wal-Mart (is it bad that I disabled that dreadful retail demo? haha). One thing that I really like about the Playbook (which I also don't have (money...)) is the side swipe gestures that allow you to switch between your open apps (as in when you are currently in one). I assume BB10 doesn't have this feature because the side bezels are much smaller and, being a phone, the risk of accidentally switching apps is higher.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-09-13, 12:40 AM #16
- 328 Posts
An option to monitor data usage! i just got my Z10 Tuesday and i already used little bit over 400mb ! considering i have only 1GB data i would like to have an ability to monitor my usage like you already can on android, and also see which applications consume the most data.
1) Work on improving the battery life
2) Bring some basic small features to BBM that were already available on the BBOS but not on BB10
3) Add some kind of pattern phone unlock rather than only passwords
4) Bedside mode need to have an option that turns off all radio bands automatically when the phone is being charged and on bedside mode
5) Wifi sometimes randomly disconnects and the phone doesn't notify you
- 02-09-13, 12:52 AM #17
I agree with having the HUB reset back out of your last position. I dont like turning back pages before moving forward, feels unnatural. Obviously an option to choose either way would be the quik solution.
I want the drop down settings to have more things. Screen brightness is on top, I adjust that all the time to save battery. Aswell as mobile network. Alot of times Ill switch it off while roaming or while making a big download just to be shur that my phone is useing wifi rather the mobile network. Just in case
I agree 100% with bedside mode. This boils down to the fact we lost alot of little options that made blackberry a blackberry. Crackberry is doing a good job so far of pointing them out. I want my screen on all the time when its plugged into a charger, especially into a computers USB. Nobody wants to sit there swiping up every 30 seconds.
Today was the first day i turned my 9900 alarm off and switched to just the Z10. I dont like how the alarm is touch anywhere on the screen to turn it off. I missed work this morning because of it. It should be a button as small as possible so you have to focus. The intent is to wake me up, not make it easy to hit snooze. This morning I some how adjusted the snooze longer and went back to sleep for an hour. Ill be forced to use my 9900 or playbook as an alarm clock. Or do they still sell bedside clocks? How could they mess this up lol
Blackberry link needs alot of stuff. Even something as simple as showing the individual playlists. Right now all it shows is every song in the playlists. Thankfully when you sink all those songs there grouped in folders on the phone, if it didnt I would have lost my mind. But I dont have the option to sync a specific playlist.
Last thing I can think of for now is I want the option to select my home page, or new tab to show my bookmarks rather then my latest tabs.
Rolling out updates like this in a timely fashion is what will dictate if the new Blackberry is actually a new company. At the very least we need everything BBOS7 had, were supposed to be moving forward, not backwards. I wish I knew more about software companies and whats involved in doing these sort of things but I dont. So I dont want to sound to harsh, maybe its really hard to do I dunno. But come on.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-09-13, 01:18 AM #18
- 4 Posts
There are a few small things that need to change on the Z10:
- the ability to send PIN messages like we were able to do on the older BBs using Legacy
- the addition of MANY MORE ringtones and notification tones
- have the hub go to the actual hub and not my last opened message that wasn't closed when i perform a peek
- fix the bug where the notification tone sometimes cuts out or doesn't ring at all
- fix the bug where the tiles show there is a notification with the red circle even though there isn't anything new
- fix the bug where the notification light flashes for no reason
- add items to drop down menu including brightness
- have the phone auto adjust brightness to compensate for the light in the room or outside
- when turning off all notifications using the alarm, there should be a way to have emergency calls from people we authorize.
- switching from normal to vibrate sometimes doesnt work. or instead of having the vibrate option its silent. why not make a button with three options. press once it goes to vibrate, press again it goes to silent, press a third time it goes back to normal. makes sense to me.
- make it possible to have emails push immediately to our phones as opposed to using a 15 minute interval for syncing.
- have the lock screen make a lock noise.
- when plugging in the phone to charge, bring up a screen showing that the phone has started charging instead of leaving the screen unchanged.
- allowing BBM voice and BBM video over 3G 4G and LTE.
That's all I can think of now. These are smallish things, but there's quite a few things for Blackberry to work on. Overall, the phone is amazing. I find it to be super fast and smooth. Love the way it feels. Couldn't be happier. Some people call me crazy, but I prefer this phone over the Galaxy S3, even with its "quirks". I look forward to watching BB10 and the Z10 improve. After all, android was horrible when it first came out and now look at it.
- 02-09-13, 01:53 AM #20
2. This is exactly how it works, email gets pushed instantaneously to device
3. This is more carrier dependent than BlackBerry, i can use that function using the mobile network only and many have reported it to be possible depending on the carrier
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-09-13, 02:27 AM #25
- 409 Posts
My immediate list:
1) allow transfer from local folders to evernote folders
2) real reminders. I'm sorry but see iPhone for example. I'd love to be able to say "Remind me to call home in 15 minutes"
2a) geofence reminders.
3) I'd like a hub icon similar to the text icon.
4) word substitutions allowing simple formating (enter key). I really can't believe that this is not available. Screws up a lot of my auto responses and signatures.
5) bridge. That's all I should have to say.
6) can't edit voice control entered calendar appointments.
I have more but it's late.
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
- By biznessninja in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 24Last Post: 09-10-15, 07:59 PM
- By gliveron in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 4Last Post: 05-31-14, 11:07 PM
- By dkonigs in forum T-MobileReplies: 126Last Post: 02-19-14, 06:41 AM
- By biznessninja in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 0Last Post: 02-12-14, 04:27 PM
- By shiftymagoo in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-12-14, 04:11 PM