(One of) the only reason(s) I still use BlackBerry is because of the HUB. Two weeks ago I stopped receiving my work emails. Our IT didn't know what was wrong and blamed it on the device/OS. I have a passport as well as a z30 and both just stopped receiving work mails. Everything else worked and continued pushing to the HUB including my private email which is on IMAP. I upgraded my Passport to 10.3.3 and left my Z30 on 10.3.2 but no difference. After two weeks of frustration and using this stupid LotusNotes Traveler, I come to know about TLS1.2 and that this is (or may be) the reason for me no longer having any hair. I am technically challenged and don't give a flying fox about these things. All I know is that my BlackBerry is now all but useless. I have been connecting to my employers server through MicroSoftActivSync since the beginning of OS10 and have always been able to get my mails in the HUB on 10.3.2 until 5 December 2016. Anyone else out there who had the same problem? Did you manage to fix it? How?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 12:46 AM
    TLS is the means by which your emails are sent as encrypted data. It's possible that your company's certificate has been updated and your handset hasn't received the new certificate. How certificate updates work through Lotus Notes/Domino I couldn't say since I haven't seen an active use of it since the 1990's.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 05:45 AM
    Your IT guy should check on the server logs because there will be record of what's happening when your phone is trying to connect to Exchange ActiveSync.

I would suspect that your IT guy has made some changes on server side.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 06:16 AM
    I checked with them and they claim they did not change anything. However, I did find out that the other guys at work on blackberry are having the same issues. So definitely a server thing. Or what?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 06:50 AM
    Some Microsoft Exchange Active Sync servers which have upgraded to TLS 1.2 are having issues pushing email to BB10 devices. BlackBerry is investigating, but since it is not common across all EAS servers it is difficult to say what the problem is.

Usually the problem starts with an update of the server configuration, but doesn't seem to affect Google or Microsoft online EAS severs. This seems to indicate something in the configuration the affected servers are using.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    12-19-16 07:58 AM
    I think this is exactly what happened - our company upgraded to TLS1.2. So can our IT do something about that or do I have to wait for BlackBerry to solve the issue? What do I tell our IT guys?

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 08:14 AM
    I think this is exactly what happened - our company upgraded to TLS1.2. So can our IT do something about that or do I have to wait for BlackBerry to solve the issue? What do I tell our IT guys?

Posted via CB10
    That depends on what the problem is exactly. One person I exchanged posts with it looked like the cipher suite selection was the problem. Your IT people should be able to diagnose the problem even if they can't fix it.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2163
    12-19-16 12:52 PM
    Thank you very much all. My problem has been solved after I sent the following email based on the info you provided.

Dear all. (addressed to a few guys in our IT dept)

The problem relating to the Microsoft Exchange ActivSync pushmail no longer working on Blackberry devices still exists. I have downloaded LotusNotes Traveller but it is very frustrating since:
    � it takes very long to open
    � it does not always give notifications - sometimes it gives, other times it does not
    � I only see an inbox and no sent items
    � the pushmail is inconsistent - sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work
    � it does not push to the Blackberry HUB
    � it does not sync with my calendar and I have already missed two meetings due to not receiving the notifications. Once I received the notification long after the meeting had ended
    � opening attachments through LotusNotes Traveller is archaic - it takes very long and requires me to file the attachment first
    ...and many more problems.

Once you have gotten used to working with Blackberry's pushmail and the HUB, it is very difficult to use anything else. Read that previous sentence again - it should not be underestimated.

I did some research and found that:
    � there must have been some change to the [company] mail server even though [company] IT informed me that there was no change
    � this problem seems to be affecting all [company] Blackberry users but no one (or not many) outside [company]
    � the "upgrade" (which for me was a downgrade) may have caused problems with the TLS
    � it seems that when the TLS was "upgraded" someone forgot that Blackberry still exists and is still the best smartphone around so they did not check the code to see if the pushmail still works for Blackberry devices

What can [company] IT do?
    � Check the logs to see what happens when the blackberries try to connect
    � Check the last change to the mail server configuration
    � Check the cipher suite selection
    � Check the security certificates
    � Try to keep an open mind and see why some people still prefer Blackberry mail and HUB FOR WORK.

Ps. Everything else on my device still works and functions on my HUB including my private mail that runs off IMAP. I am having problems with ONLY my QP mail. The problem is with the QP mail server. Re-formatting my device is NOT going to solve the problem. All it will do is wipe all my info and apps.

End of email.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 09:19 AM
    I realise this thread is a bit old, but maybe it will help someone else out there.
    As a Domino/traveler administrator I was having issues with a new multi-domain certificate. (it is not currently supported as of Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF3). I also could not connect my BB Classic to the traveler server because of the same TLS errror mentioned previously in this thread.
    To get around this I´ve installed an NGINX server onto the Traveler box and used that to proxy SSL to the Domino machine. This allows me to be able to use TLS1.2 SHA2 multidomain certificates and seems to be working very well for Blackberry 10, Android and iOS.
    The installation for nginx was literaly a 10 minute affair and was very easy. I had to disable SSL on the domino server itself through the configuration document and then make sure that nginx was running on port 443 and proxying back to Domino´s port 80.

If you need to know more details of the configuration (this is for Windows Server) please ask in this thread.
    brookie229 likes this.
    07-25-17 09:08 AM
    I realise this thread is a bit old, but maybe it will help someone else out there.
    As a Domino/traveler administrator I was having issues with a new multi-domain certificate. (it is not currently supported as of Domino 9.0.1 FP8 IF3). I also could not connect my BB Classic to the traveler server because of the same TLS errror mentioned previously in this thread.
    To get around this I´ve installed an NGINX server onto the Traveler box and used that to proxy SSL to the Domino machine. This allows me to be able to use TLS1.2 SHA2 multidomain certificates and seems to be working very well for Blackberry 10, Android and iOS.
    The installation for nginx was literaly a 10 minute affair and was very easy. I had to disable SSL on the domino server itself through the configuration document and then make sure that nginx was running on port 443 and proxying back to Domino´s port 80.

If you need to know more details of the configuration (this is for Windows Server) please ask in this thread.
    Thanks for this. I have not had any problems since but will keep this in mind should the problem return or if I experience similar issues.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 01:04 PM

@mietzmietz

Could you please post the nginx configuration.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 10:45 PM
    Here you go:
    Code:
    worker_processes  1;

events {
        worker_connections  1024;
    }

http {
        include       mime.types;
        default_type  application/octet-stream;
        sendfile        on;
        keepalive_timeout  65;

server {
            listen	443;
    		client_max_body_size 100m;
    		server_name localhost;
    		server_tokens off;

ssl on;
            ssl_certificate c:/ssl/server.pem;
            ssl_certificate_key c:/ssl/server.key;

error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
            location = /50x.html {
                root   html;
            }

location / {
    			proxy_pass   http://localhost;
    			proxy_read_timeout 240;

proxy_redirect off;
    			proxy_buffering off;

proxy_set_header        Host               $host;
    			proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For    $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
    			proxy_set_header        $WSRA              $remote_addr;
    			proxy_set_header        $WSRH              $remote_addr;
    			proxy_set_header        $WSSN              $host;
    			proxy_set_header        $WSIS              True;
            }  
        }
    }
    07-27-17 12:52 AM
    @mietzmietz

Thank you very much.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-17 02:43 AM
    This week, my company upgraded our email servers to TLS 1.2; hence, I'm no longer able to send/receive any work emails via my BlackBerry Classic (version 10.3.3) Hub.

Am I doomed? :-(

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jbfair728; 12-19-17 at 03:36 PM.
    12-19-17 03:04 PM