I posted this for facts not jokes....what are the advantages and disadvantages of both???!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 05-24-14 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Edited for content.
    05-23-14 05:26 PM
    Very insightful. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    sibeans, JamBueree and hakimmmmm like this.
    05-23-14 05:59 PM
    If you throw it hard enough, then yes, a BB10 phone will defeat windows.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 06:05 PM
    I am filled with insight.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 06:05 PM
    Me too

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-23-14 06:10 PM
    Or something

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    05-23-14 06:10 PM
    Advantage BlackBerry: telepathic keyboard. Garbage from uncaring typing on a touchscreen equals exactly what I wanted to say. Unfortunately, the telepathy does not extend to deciphering poorly expressed questions on CB.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    JamBueree likes this.
    05-23-14 07:11 PM
    Advantage BlackBerry: telepathic keyboard. Garbage from uncaring typing on a touchscreen equals exactly what I wanted to say. Unfortunately, the telepathy does not extend to deciphering poorly expressed questions on CB.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    I asking for someone to compare the facts on the darn os's is it really that hard??!?!
    Attachment 273221
    05-23-14 07:33 PM
    I asking for someone to compare the facts on the darn os's is it really that hard??!?!
    Yes, if you give no hint of asking for a comparison.
    tjseaman likes this.
    05-23-14 07:50 PM
    Let's take a step back and start again.

Sean,
    Please edit your first post to let us know what comparison you're looking for.

Everyone else,
    Let's address the updated question.

Thanks,
    Elessar.cm / Moderator
    05-23-14 08:06 PM
    Pros of BlackBerry 10 : the keyboard and browser have been accepted as the best by all platforms, the OS is very intuitive and there is a lot swiping and no annoying button pressing! The memory management is so good in BlackBerry 10 compared to every other OS where you have hold some button and keep flick apps! The hub is beyond par and for example, when get a bbm or whatsapp or Facebook etc notification, it only opens up that conversation and doesn't open up the whole app! This saves a LOT of ram! BlackBerry 10 is way more secure since it now has the picture password which none other than the user can possibly unlock and we have the time shift camera which is VERY useful to take pictures of dogs, babies etc! We also have toast notifications like windows but in BlackBerry 10, you can click on red reply button and reply from the top of the screen directly from any app!we also have BlackBerry link which is the iTunes for BlackBerry and is awesome. Every single update comes frequently with a lot of changes and we have a loyal community in crackberry! We keep waiting for leaks which I'd also very easy to load and very exciting!

The cons: the z10 ( only) has poor battery. Although you can download all the android apps in a BlackBerry 10 device, nothing comes close to the original bb10 experience. Which doesn't have as many apps, although it does have all the use ful ones!there is also no proper voice assistant although here is a average one!

Windows 8/8.1 pros : you can customise the tiles in your way in windows 8, there is not a much learning curve and is very user friendly! Has built in very useful Microsoft apps like office, one note etc! The camera featured are better in the high end devices! Can be colourful by changing the colour! Cortona in 8.2 is wayyyy better than siri or Google now!

Cons: the tiles are very limited and beyond that you can do no thing! 8.1 is good but 8 is just bad! There is no proper built in file manager and the third party ones just suck!its to easy to use with no specific feature! The phone is very dull overall and there is barely any options in music and contacts app! Creating a play list using existing folders can't be done in the phone and requires a computer! There is no software for windows like iTunes for Apple and bblink for BlackBerry! Windows phone central is not on par with crackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 08:31 PM
    OP I think you posting your thread without a proper question or caveat is only asking us to make fun......BB10 vs windows as a question can lead to many interpretations. For example I thought it was that your tried to throw your phone through a window--and the window won....
    05-23-14 09:19 PM
    Try YouTube....you can see both in action.
    nason54 likes this.
    05-23-14 09:55 PM
    If you throw it hard enough, then yes, a BB10 phone will defeat windows.

Posted via CB10
    That was one of the best things I ever read.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    05-23-14 10:00 PM
    OP please clarify. Are said windows double paned or weather proofed?

This can affect the results.

Posted via CB10
    JamBueree and peter0328 like this.
    05-23-14 10:01 PM
    Sean, you started a thread with a title consisting of I assume 2 phones, guessing you want either a comparison or?...You have been asked nicely to EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST. Why haven't you done that? Do you not want serious answers/comparisons? Personally I have none to give because I haven't used a windows phone. Or did you want to know the interaction between BlackBerry 10 and a Windows Computer running XP, 7, 8 or? We can't read your mind. Please edit your first post to include more than just your signature. I have over 3,000 posts and hundreds of threads, just giving you a heads up.

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-23-14 11:47 PM
    OK, as my fellow moderator stated, let's take care of our fellow member and get some good answers down. Some people find it difficult to edit posts from the CB10 app, so that didn't happen. I also edited the title to reflect the actual intended question, and let's see if that helps.
    05-24-14 03:41 AM
    I hate the Windows Phone OS. Its so damn limited and annoying, even experiencing it with the flagship Lumia 1520. I couldn't stand it for more than 5 days.
    Z30/BB10 best package in existence.

Posted via CB10
    sugbo, JamBueree and lift like this.
    05-24-14 04:27 AM
    I'm seriously thinking to get a win phone. The os is getting better and better and if Lenovo comes out with a decent quality phone to match my Thinkpad 8 then I buy one for sure. Win8.1 is easy to use and why would you need an extra software like ITunes or Link?

Posted via My Z30
    05-24-14 04:40 AM
    I've used BB7 and looking from all the videos of the BB10, it looks really efficient with all the gestures. I don't think you can see that on a WP.

WP looks really good from where it started but I believe in my honest opinion, still needs polishing. Still it came a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-24-14 05:05 AM
    Pros of BlackBerry 10 : the keyboard and browser have been accepted as the best by all platforms, the OS is very intuitive and there is a lot swiping and no annoying button pressing! The memory management is so good in BlackBerry 10 compared to every other OS where you have hold some button and keep flick apps! The hub is beyond par and for example, when get a bbm or whatsapp or Facebook etc notification, it only opens up that conversation and doesn't open up the whole app! This saves a LOT of ram! BlackBerry 10 is way more secure since it now has the picture password which none other than the user can possibly unlock and we have the time shift camera which is VERY useful to take pictures of dogs, babies etc! We also have toast notifications like windows but in BlackBerry 10, you can click on red reply button and reply from the top of the screen directly from any app!we also have BlackBerry link which is the iTunes for BlackBerry and is awesome. Every single update comes frequently with a lot of changes and we have a loyal community in crackberry! We keep waiting for leaks which I'd also very easy to load and very exciting!

The cons: the z10 ( only) has poor battery. Although you can download all the android apps in a BlackBerry 10 device, nothing comes close to the original bb10 experience. Which doesn't have as many apps, although it does have all the use ful ones!there is also no proper voice assistant although here is a average one!

Windows 8/8.1 pros : you can customise the tiles in your way in windows 8, there is not a much learning curve and is very user friendly! Has built in very useful Microsoft apps like office, one note etc! The camera featured are better in the high end devices! Can be colourful by changing the colour! Cortona in 8.2 is wayyyy better than siri or Google now!

Cons: the tiles are very limited and beyond that you can do no thing! 8.1 is good but 8 is just bad! There is no proper built in file manager and the third party ones just suck!its to easy to use with no specific feature! The phone is very dull overall and there is barely any options in music and contacts app! Creating a play list using existing folders can't be done in the phone and requires a computer! There is no software for windows like iTunes for Apple and bblink for BlackBerry! Windows phone central is not on par with crackberry.com

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for this fantastic response.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    05-24-14 05:43 AM
    They are double and weatherproof......I posted this late at night and I guess it didn't make much sense......
    05-24-14 10:12 AM
    Windows Phone updates more frequently, there's more long term security, One note, One drive, better app options, good keyboard with automatic swype options (both options available at the same time), good standby battery life, colorful, cool icon background, contains, offline maps, and easier for developers now.

BlackBerry has file manager, native zip extractor, hub, fast keyboard, best browser, more support for html5 and flash, instant replies, better quick settings, multi tasking, word substitution, better reader mode, better community to get help from, supports android somewhat, true mass storage mode (not mtp!!!!!!), has a professional look, and more customizable (it could be better though)

Posted via CB10
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-24-14 10:49 AM
    You did not specify which version of which to compare. Windows Phone 8.1 is hitting the streets now so that should be your basis for comparison to BlackBerry 10. Subsequently here is a good summary what's new in 8.1:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ho...-windows-phone
    I honestly believe 8.1 is when the Windows Phone becomes a viable alternative to BlackBerry 10. Previously, like with the older calendar, it was a toy IMHO.

For BlackBerry 10, you should compare the 10.2.1 version since that's out now and there is no telling when 10.3 will hit the streets. I think you can find what's new in 10.2.1 on CB. :-)

Windows has more native apps than BlackBerry 10, but BlackBerry added Android app support to leap frog ahead with non-natives.

The UI is subjective as to which one you prefer.

BlackBerry has messaging (the unified Hub) as a part of its core experience , whereas the Windows Phone is more about one (synchronized) experience across multiple devices (phone, tablet, and PC).

BlackBerry has a smarter keyboard for typing, but Microsoft added the gesture keyboard which some might find easier/faster.

Beyond that you have to go deep dive into specific features to see who has the (subjectively) better story.

The best thing you could do is go to a local carrier store and play with the version phone you don't have (assuming it has the latest OS).

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    05-24-14 11:52 AM
    Beside already mentioned, Windows phone has free offline maps with voice navigation. Higher end Nokias have good music reproduction with good EQ. In WP8.1 there is also option to allow some contacts to override silent mode.
    But, using WP can be a painful experience to some extent due to a endless scrolling to find what you need. Alarm can only ring or vibrate, can't do both. You can't set alarm volume, cant create folders, you can't mute ringer and vibration with one click...

BB10 still has better user experience and user interface (subjective opinion I know). In my case, my Z10 have much better battery life than my Lumia 925. My Z10 have much better ear piece sound quality than my Lumia.
    Last edited by chalx; 05-24-14 at 05:40 PM.
    05-24-14 05:30 PM
58 123