used on of this end of 1999 on the old C-net, horrible heavy to carry around.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Speaking of CNET, won't be moving to Firefox OS ;-(

Darn you, false Wed-app HTML 5 promise!!! Darn you!
    Lol

http://is.gd/rzroJn

What other phones are BB10 users moving to now that Blackberry won't offer the slider with BB10?-img_20160206_143719.png

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    02-06-16 12:46 PM
    Picked up a Passport SE to compliment my Z30. If I have to, I will write my own BB10 apps!

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    02-06-16 01:45 PM
    I was hoping that Blackberry would put out an updated Z30, but obviously that will never happen now. Will stick with my Z30 or perhaps pick up the last OS 10 phone, the Passport. If Blackberry is going full out Android, hopefully they can in the future, at least emulate the Hub, Calendar, Contacts, Blend and the rest of the OS10 experience........I'm not big on apps, so for me, that is not a draw to Android
    02-06-16 11:33 PM
    Yes, an updated Z30 was one of my suggestions in my original post. Currently the only BB10 phone with a quad core processor is the Passport, which is nice but doesn't have the hardware functionality of the slider. It might be too much to hope for that Blackberry will come to its senses and might another BB10 for consumers.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 12:22 AM
    I believe it is pretty clear that Android is the O/S of the future.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Z30
    Not in my future, lol.
    jope28 and TheBirdDog like this.
    02-09-16 07:58 AM
    BB10 still suits my needs very well, thanks. I don't see a need to move to another platform right now.

I'll probably move when BlackBerry declares BB10 officially dead, which probably won't be for another 2-3 years at least.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    02-09-16 08:09 AM
    I am in no hurry to upgrade. Love my passport and z30... if they would do a top of the line z30 successor with BB10 I would buy a couple at least.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 05:27 PM
    I've been around mobile since the Palm OS & Android is not the OS of the future, it is just a choice available. It is the least futuristic of the 4 major OSes. It is also the most cumbersome of all the OSes, though iOS is catching up. In fairness, I don't have experience with Windows Mobile, but my son whose done Blackberry app development, really likes it.

From all the input I have received from this post, I may pick up a Passport to compliment my Q10 & Z10. If BB10 becomes unsupported, I will revisit the options at that time.

Thanks again for everyone's input! Best of luck to everyone!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 10:59 PM
    Sticking with my passport until it stops working/no more support. Then I'll be moving onto the next bb10 phone!

Posted via my awesome BlackBerry Passport!
    02-15-16 11:02 PM
    No one "dumped" you. BB10 wasn't successful so it is being phased out. It isn't about you.

Posted via CB10
    And why bb10 wasn't successful? It's not the OS that has failed its the company which couldn't marketize their own os,

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 12:18 AM
    And why bb10 wasn't successful? It's not the OS that has failed its the company which couldn't marketize their own os,

Posted via CB10
    No amount of marketing was going to convince enough people to just abandon established ecosystems like iOS or Android.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    02-16-16 07:55 AM
    Still rocking my Z30 but it is dying little by little every day.

Don't really like the priv.
    Have tried windows phone and liked it but it get the feeling that i'm jumping from a sinking ship into a forest fire if I switch to WP.

Won't own a iphone and android is just annoying. So basically hoping my Z30 magically fixes itself.
    02-16-16 08:29 AM
    Sony/Ericsson

Posted via my mobile
    02-16-16 10:51 AM
    Windows phone

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 01:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure that it's the OS that gets marketed so much as the devices. For example, I don't believe I've ever seen an Android commercial yet they are the most dominant OS on the market.

Excluding those of us that are nerdy enough to be members of mobile phone communities, many many consumers aren't even thinking about the OS when they shop for a new phone. For instance: "Our television is an LG and it's really good quality, I'll bet their phone is pretty decent too."

Sad to say it, but the shot that BlackBerry is taking with Android is not an attempt to gain back more consumers. If that happens, great for them because they need a bigger market share. The more likely reason is that not having to further develop and maintain an entire OS (but rather just a few select pieces of software that are compatible with that OS) allows them more steam to keep going with handsets as there is far less cost involved in supporting the future software updates.

BlackBerry at this point is still trying to become profitable with their handsets. Yes, selling more will help. But so will cutting costs which I'm sure running Android will do for them in the long-term.
    02-17-16 05:28 PM
    Jolla is something to think about. It's a lot like BB10 in its multitasking and gesture-based features, but I still have to see if other aspects are just as productive, like the hub or such. God, nothing beats the hub. AND the physical keyboard--that's extremely crucial for me.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 02-17-16 at 06:15 PM.
    02-17-16 05:57 PM
    As soon as the price of the drops drops a bit more I'm gonna hop on that. Had a good run with bb10 and I love it, but I do miss having access to any app I want, plus I've been waiting for a slider

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 07:14 PM
    Jolla is something to think about. It's a lot like BB10 in its multitasking and gesture-based features, but I still have to see if other aspects are just as productive, like the hub or such. God, nothing beats the hub. AND the physical keyboard--that's extremely crucial for me.
    That doesn't leave too many options then. While it is still all wild speculation, if BB10 is gone, there is still the Android offerings starting with the Priv (which does seem to be an amazing phone despite what all of the 'haters' are saying) and then whatever they release next. It's doubtful that the Priv will be the last handset that they make as it does seem to still have a generally positive buzz about it.

IF they ever had to exit the handset business altogether, it's pretty safe to assume that they would then license their PKB patents out to other manufacturers and hopefully they would match with appealing software. Who knows?! In the meantime, there are still plenty of great options available and the whole 'world is ending' vibe is really getting old.
    02-17-16 07:16 PM
    That doesn't leave too many options then. While it is still all wild speculation, if BB10 is gone, there is still the Android offerings starting with the Priv (which does seem to be an amazing phone despite what all of the 'haters' are saying) and then whatever they release next. It's doubtful that the Priv will be the last handset that they make as it does seem to still have a generally positive buzz about it.

IF they ever had to exit the handset business altogether, it's pretty safe to assume that they would then license their PKB patents out to other manufacturers and hopefully they would match with appealing software. Who knows?! In the meantime, there are still plenty of great options available and the whole 'world is ending' vibe is really getting old.
    Well, I want (and need) to be stubborn and hold on to my BB10 devices (Q10 and Passport) for as long as possible before jumping to anything else. Jolla is interesting--per the aforementioned features that somewhat mimic BB10, but I still need to see and hold it in my hands before saying anything further. And even if their Sailfish turns out to be THAT amazing, the lack of physical keyboard is still a great turn off--I REALLY cannot work with virtual keyboard (I've had a Z10 so I know what I'm talking about). I do a LOT of typing with my phone related to my work and business, so it IS very crucial.

Android? NO. Just...... no. I've had it for years before finding a Passport. So Priv is out of my system. I don't even look at it. I don't care how good they say it is. I KNOW what it is.

Windows phone? Extremely strong candidate--especially with its convergence feature that mimics BB Blend (and quite possibly even better). But yet again: no physical keyboard.
    02-17-16 07:37 PM
    I don't have an answer and right now I don't have a plan, either. Going to keep my Z30 going for as long as possible and hope something else with BB10 comes along. Otherwise... I'd eventually have to get an Android BlackBerry, if it's in the right form factor.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 02:20 PM
    .........- unless you're happy with a device that does nothing but email and SMS, ......
    That's me right there.. so, I guess i'll still be rocking my BB10 device for the foreseeable future.

Posted from my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    02-18-16 03:05 PM
    Well, I want (and need) to be stubborn and hold on to my BB10 devices (Q10 and Passport) for as long as possible before jumping to anything else. Jolla is interesting--per the aforementioned features that somewhat mimic BB10, but I still need to see and hold it in my hands before saying anything further. And even if their Sailfish turns out to be THAT amazing, the lack of physical keyboard is still a great turn off--I REALLY cannot work with virtual keyboard (I've had a Z10 so I know what I'm talking about). I do a LOT of typing with my phone related to my work and business, so it IS very crucial.

Android? NO. Just...... no. I've had it for years before finding a Passport. So Priv is out of my system. I don't even look at it. I don't care how good they say it is. I KNOW what it is.

Windows phone? Extremely strong candidate--especially with its convergence feature that mimics BB Blend (and quite possibly even better). But yet again: no physical keyboard.
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. It's really disappointing for me because I was so excited when the Slider was first unveiled and I couldn't wait to get it in my hands. After the announcement of it running Android, that excitement took a nose-dive into complete apprehensiveness. I'm really rooting for BlackBerry to succeed but as far as my future purchases from the company, they are all on hold until we have a clear picture of what's really happening.

If they came out with a new version of the Priv that ran BB10, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As it is, I'm sticking with my Passport and Classic. If either one died today, I'd replace it with the same (albeit the Silver or Cobalt version of each respectively).

I see a future for BlackBerry with Android but it isn't there yet and I love the way my devices run with BB10. Again, it would seem, BlackBerry has hampered their own sales by making a quality product that doesn't really degrade with time... it's still actually improving on every device they've made (and, no, let's not talk about the botched ART update that just happened because that's rather insignificant in the big picture - remember when BB10 couldn't run Android apps at all?)

My biggest problem with jumping to Android is that I know it doesn't breed the same longevity out of their devices. It really is about the 'latest and greatest' whereas BB10 devices were more about choosing the one that best suits your needs. They all run great and stand the test of time. The Priv will be dated and slow in a year compared to the latest Android offerings. BB10 really gave us every form factor we could want - except for the Slider. It's still a bit sad... but not over yet, I suppose.
    02-18-16 03:26 PM
    I don't know where I'm heading next. My brand loyalty has gone, the Priv, if that's still the phone of the moment when my contract is up will just be in a line up of other devices that are in the running. Same goes for the next android BlackBerry device.

Who knows, by then some other yet unpopular device might even appear which will take my money for the next 6 years as BlackBerry did until it can't make a profit out of it and the cycle begins again.

One thing I would advise to contributors of this forum, don't get involved in arguing about the what could have and should have been and just take a deep breath and move on. I was there right throughout the PlayBook situation, the suggestions of how it could be saved, open source it, releasing boot loaders and all the pie in the sky ideas and petitions and it's time that was wasted I will never get back.

The long and the short of it is, BlackBerry have said they are not making anymore bb10 devices. Regardless of what they drop as little teasers from Chen. Common sense will prevail, if you don't make a device running an os and the ones that did run out of existence then it's only going one way.

Pick what phone you fancy next and just enjoy it for what it is. I look forward to the next phase which will be posts titled "would you still buy a bb10 phone today" die harrds saying yes theirs still functions perfectly even though they have to apply so many work around to get it to do something that should just work out of the box.

As for me, probably an iphone but that's just me. Didn't want to but I'd rather have most phones before I would have anything to do with Google. Windows phone is also a possibility if they pick up in the mobile sector but I'm not an app guy. Functionality is first and foremost to me over apps.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-18-16 06:16 PM
    Who says BlackBerry 10 users are even interested in a slider phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 06:34 PM
    Even if I stick with BB10 the native App development is pretty much dead. I will be running Android apps on a dodgy Android runtime. Might as well get a Priv if that's the future for bb10.

Posted via Leap on Wind
    02-18-16 11:44 PM
90 1234