I'm looking for the best os to use to get the best battery life possible from my Z10? I'm on AT&T if this matters also I've done all the usual power saving stuff to and battery life is awful I'm running 10.0 os thanks for any help with this.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-06-13 09:41 PM
    Battery life is extremely subjective. Some days I get 18 hrs out of a single charge and others only 8, but with that being said after the initial sync 10.1.0.4543 seems pretty good.
    07-06-13 11:14 PM
    Had a Torch 9800 for just over 2 years with no problems at all, no battery issues, absolutely LOVED the phone. Got my 1st Z10 about 2 weeks ago and had HORRIBLE battery issues - after 4 hours of charging, only 75% battery; dropped 20% battery within 20 min's on standby with no calls / Bluetooth / Wi-fi / Apps running!!! My carrier(Vodacom S.A.) only offers a 7 day period in which to return "Out The Box" faulty devices, which I did.

I received a brand new replacement device on Thursday and did the software upgrade to 10.1, yesterday the battery died (after a 12-hour Full charge) after 4.5 hours! I made 2x 30second calls; I had no Apps opened / accessed; display brightness switched to about 20%; volume at 30%; Wi-fi off; Bluetooth off; Facebook notifications disabled; Location disabled; 2 email accounts running with download only every 4 hours - didn't even DARE check the mails or WhatsApp messages... I have changed every single setting I could possibly find on the phone to "marathon mode" to save battery. What the heck is with the Z10 battery life?? Surely this isn't normal?? If so...ciao Z10!!
    07-07-13 10:36 AM
    Had a Torch 9800 for just over 2 years with no problems at all, no battery issues, absolutely LOVED the phone. Got my 1st Z10 about 2 weeks ago and had HORRIBLE battery issues - after 4 hours of charging, only 75% battery; dropped 20% battery within 20 min's on standby with no calls / Bluetooth / Wi-fi / Apps running!!! My carrier(Vodacom S.A.) only offers a 7 day period in which to return "Out The Box" faulty devices, which I did.

I received a brand new replacement device on Thursday and did the software upgrade to 10.1, yesterday the battery died (after a 12-hour Full charge) after 4.5 hours! I made 2x 30second calls; I had no Apps opened / accessed; display brightness switched to about 20%; volume at 30%; Wi-fi off; Bluetooth off; Facebook notifications disabled; Location disabled; 2 email accounts running with download only every 4 hours - didn't even DARE check the mails or WhatsApp messages... I have changed every single setting I could possibly find on the phone to "marathon mode" to save battery. What the heck is with the Z10 battery life?? Surely this isn't normal?? If so...ciao Z10!!
    Check your email/sync settings. If it's on push it's not going to be good.
    07-07-13 12:46 PM
    As it's been mentioned on almost every battery Z10 thread on CB...the OS is learning you. From the way you type, to where your fingers land on the keyboard to syncing of your contacts with FB, Twitter, LinkedIN etc. All of this is happening behind the scenes and uses battery power.

When you hear people use the term "let the OS settle" that's what they mean.

I used to have the same issues but after a few weeks you'll see battery life improve.

I've gone from 4 hrs at first to about 6 hours and now I'm well over 10-12 depending on use.

The amount of time the phone is on your hand being used also makes a difference. Some people think they are heavy users when in fact they are not.

There are also small setting changes you can make. Like in accounts you can turn off Find Friends in FB Twitter and LinkedIN as it searches your contacts from time to time if they have any of these accounts. This will cause more battery use behind the scenes. If you dont need it turn it off. Same with NFC and blue tooth and diagnostics.

It's not going to have perfect battery life right out of the box and it's all these small features of BB10 that make it better than iPhone or Android IMO.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    yvpan1 likes this.
    07-07-13 01:20 PM
    agree with drmike. that's why i believe in the term 'settling period' as the OS needs to adapt to your lifestyle before it can perform.

however OP, you might wanna try the newest leak either the .4537 or the .4543, see how it goes for you.
    07-07-13 08:22 PM