Yes, a funny play on words linked to BB's original marketing phrase that has proven accurate these past few months.

That about sums it up. I think that they must emphasize the Hub and, in a different fashion than Apple, BB's past and long-term future commitment to security. Not sure how much security really means to people, but it should be promoted as important and something that differentiates itself from IOS and Droids.
    Actually, the most important thing is to stop talking about "strategic alternatives". Everyone knows it anyway, but announcing it publicly, well it seems hard to give people confidence in buying your hardware with this kind of statement.

Posted from my Zed 10
    xBURK likes this.
    09-18-13 04:32 PM
    Actually, the most important thing is to stop talking about "strategic alternatives". Everyone knows it anyway, but announcing it publicly, well it seems hard to give people confidence in buying your hardware with this kind of statement.
    True, I'm also afraid that quite a few eyes are marking the days until late next week and the release of financials along with keeping their ears to the rails about the latest word on strategic alternatives. With these distractions and general talk amidst combined with the promotion by key carriers less than enthusiastic, it's been a difficult several weeks for BB and its faithful. If we can make it through the month and financials, then there might be a push by present mgmt. for some sort of new, cogent advertising/marketing campaign. ..... We'll know soon.
    xBURK likes this.
    09-18-13 07:10 PM
    Yeah, I kind of hope they just give it the ole Nokia effort. But than I am not a BBRY stockholder.
    09-18-13 10:02 PM
    Yeah, I kind of hope they just give it the ole Nokia effort. But than I am not a BBRY stockholder.
    BB loyal here but also have not desired to play in their stock. Unfortunately, of course, it is the institutional shareholders--and not the typical BB consumer--that will ultimately determine the fate of BB for us. Although there is a sizeable chunk of stock held by people (presumptively) staunchly in favor of somehow continuing as usual, there probably is too much infection now after BB announcements and, otherwise, in the smart phone distribution network to allow BB to climb back up the ladder w/o a "restructure." In fact, I believe that BB has reviewed and discussed the merits of sale for well over a year ... that helps to explain a few of their strange decisions extending back to the beginning of the year.

Regardless, shareholders can lose their objectivity, as I sometimes have reminded, in delivering there opinions whether here in CB or elsewhere ... and they probably should stay away from comment in the Z, Q, and BB10 (among others) sub-forums anyway. In CB virtually all of these shareholders are penny stock traders with opinions easily clouded and confused by the emotion of their investment.

But I see no reason that we shouldn't continue to ruminate on strategic marketing (versus strategic alternatives) for OS10.
    Last edited by M65c02; 09-19-13 at 08:08 AM.
    Robin Lim likes this.
    09-19-13 07:54 AM
    A little insight into the latest angle that Thors is taking on the BB consumer might be found in the release of the preliminary financials. I think many would agree that his comments regarding BB's consumer focus are as dismal as the reported loss of a billion dollars.
    09-21-13 12:47 PM
    for q10 and z10 I think it's suited for young professionals. I don't think many teens will like this since it wouldn't be so cool as there is not as much apps that they can install and not use LoL

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:11 PM
    I think BlackBerry have been after as many customers as they can get. unfortunately their tactics have been all wrong particularly marketing but on a minor note trying to make bb10 too much like android and ios. Like trying to pull a girl in a nightclub by asking every girl for a dance. "Don't dance with him look I can do that too just watch me move!"
    As for whose buying: Well it does not seem to be many who've been attracted by advertising, or many who think "Oh good a phone with no trackpad that's modern, BlackBerry must be catching up" It seems a lot of bb10 users have tried android or ios or both and don't like them for various reasons hence turn to BlackBerry alternative.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:43 PM
    for q10 and z10 I think it's suited for young professionals. I don't think many teens will like this since it wouldn't be so cool as there is not as much apps that they can install and not use LoL
    100% correct with your assessments that the OS10 phones are suited for the teens. The Q10 appeals only to current users of legacy BB devices including, perhaps, those that may have abandoned BB as far back as mid 2011. Most of these likely tend to be professionals but of all ages. The Z10, I agree was somewhat more attractive to younger professionals that envisioned a resurgence of BB as a tool but they wanted some of the features of IOS/Droid including a couple dozen, or so, common Apps. Because the Z was marketed first, it also took away considerable fire from the Q10 as many BB faithful simply were not going to wait even another 3 months for the promise of a traditional BB qwerty device. A few of these Z owners did roll-over to the Q--and, perhaps, that was BB's thinking in staggering the two phones release dates commencing with the Z10--but it's hard to figure what audience the Z was intended, or suited for that matter.

I think BlackBerry have been after as many customers as they can get. unfortunately . . . . Like trying to pull a girl in a nightclub by asking every girl for a dance. "Don't dance with him look I can do that too just watch me move!"

As for whose buying: Well it does not seem to be many who've been attracted by advertising, . . . It seems a lot of BB10 users have tried android or IOS or both and don't like them for various reasons hence turn to BlackBerry alternative.
    Interesting analogy but BB appears too shy to even ask, instead standing at the wall barely asking only a few and having been cut-in before completion of its only dance.

Some consumers will forever search to drink from that eternal fountain of smart phone technology and many will retain multiple phones along that path. But these relative few will account for less than 1% of all phone sales. On the other hand, there will always be room for that phone which will match, or exceed, every function of the competition while adding something truly innovative and productive for the consumer.
    Last edited by M65c02; 11-12-13 at 04:03 PM.
    09-22-13 07:49 PM
33 12