Please keep comparisons between the latest of BB10 and JellyBean 4.3.

Seems to me they both keep same information. All notifications and they are both actionable. Androids are expandable within the notfication trey.
    not sure if BB is.
    And just in jest android is faster to get to notifications.. Simple swipe down as opposed to swipe up and then right. One swipe verse two. lol of course this is just in jest but true none the less.

BCB
    09-17-13 01:55 PM
    Edit: never mind

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 01:56 PM
    Well for me I carry a galaxy tab 3 8.0, iPad 3 and BlackBerry z10 with me everyday for business. Bb10 makes it easy to address the close to if not over 100 messages, comments, tags, emails, mentions, texts, bbm, whats app etc all from one place, weather I need to attach a file, photo anything. Android does allow you to reply but it's limited to that. And with 10.2 people on bb10 will be able to address messages etc right from the screen there currently on.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 04:45 PM
    Do you really consider moving your thumb up and over two swipes???? More like one swipe with an angle. Also for me I would rather swipe up than down as my thumb is naturally at the bottom already.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 05:59 PM
    To me the hub isnt about notifications its about a centralized spot for everything. The notifications themselves I find quite lacking on BB10 even with toasts. Android to me wins hands down on the notification end. I do like the hub for storing everything though mosts times.
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-17-13 06:07 PM
    Z10 = central location for all communication and one motion to access it from anywhere = awesome

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    djsvet likes this.
    09-17-13 08:06 PM
    The Hub was odd to me at first, but now I don't really know how I went without it. I was somewhat underwhelmed with the notifications but 10.2.0.1443 has improved that to my liking. Lock screen viewing of the actual message is solid and I dig the toasts. Android's notification tray is nice as well, but I prefer the hub for quick, easy access to all my recent/new messages versus opening and closing individual apps.

Posted via CB10
    BBFanatic4Life and dee. like this.
    09-17-13 08:56 PM
    Composing?

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-17-13 08:57 PM
    Z10 = central location for all communication and one motion to access it from anywhere = awesome

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    This^

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:18 PM
    I just wish more apps were integrated.

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-17-13 10:24 PM
    Coming from Android I keep pulling down hoping to see the notification. I am still trying to love the Hub
    09-17-13 10:29 PM
    I like the hub. There is something to be said for one stop shop aspect of it.

The Android notification shade has a bit more utility for me. In the screenshot, you can see mine with the shade pulled all the way down.

There isn't any active notification right now, but I can use Notification toggles as a quick launch center. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 4G, flashlight... I can put almost any app (like Google Now or Tasker) there too.

Pretty useful for my needs. The Android notification shade it's not a one trick pony.

Jonneh likes this.
    09-17-13 10:40 PM
    I prefer the hub to the shade. You'll have to discern the difference for yourself.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 10:45 PM
    Coming from Android I keep pulling down hoping to see the notification. I am still trying to love the Hub
    LOL I think they both have their advantages.

Let's see who comes up with a hub WITH shade functionality. Yes...
    09-17-13 10:55 PM
    It's really a user preference. I find android notifications to be too jammed up with stuff sometimes, whereas things are better organized through the Hub (provided the app properly integrates with the Hub). I like the ability of having cards flow on top of the Hub notification whereas clicking the android notification opens the applicable app.

Posted via CB10
    Man@Arms likes this.
    09-17-13 11:29 PM
    Hub takes some getting used to but it shouldn't...

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-17-13 11:34 PM
    With the Hub I can respond to messages I received weeks ago, even if I've already responded to them before, check out details on the contact I'm responding to etc. I can do everything from the Hub and it's one diagonal swipe away.

The Jellybean drop down menu seems more like an actionable notification centre than a complete messaging centre.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    ibpluto likes this.
    09-18-13 01:20 AM

The Jellybean drop down menu seems more like an actionable notification centre than a complete messaging centre.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    Yup.....Oddly thou, many will not realize the difference. You nailed when you say its a complete messaging center and everything can be done from the Hub. Its a "one stop shop" for all of your communication needs....and as pointed out, its one action away...regardless of where on the device you are.

You can be multiple levels deep in an app, browsing the web, or wathching a movie....one hockey stick finger motion takes you to a singular area that you can completely without comprimise address your incoming and outgoing communications. E-mail, text, BBM, Skype, Whatsapp, Voicemail....etc etc etc.

Its always on and always ready.
    09-18-13 07:50 AM
    With Android, it just shows you the notification. When I have multiple messages on my Nexus 7, the notifications no longer show any content - they all get compressed.

Also, Android doesn't let you interact with the notifications without opening the associated app. If you get a Facebook notification on Android, clicking on it opens the Facebook app. Get an email and it has to open the email app. Texts open the SMS app. Twitter notifications need to open the Twitter app.

On BlackBerry 10, you can interact with messages directly in the Hub. Get a Facebook message, reply without opening Facebook. Reply to emails, tweets, text messages, and other apps without leaving the Hub. It makes it easy to respond to things quickly.

With 10.2, there are even toast messages which will appear across the top of the screen, letting you reply without leaving the app you're current using (and not even having to open the Hub).
    dusdal likes this.
    09-18-13 09:19 PM
    Nothing wrong with Android's Notification Center, but it really is just a notification center. If you have continuous conversations via email, SMS, IM and others over several days, the difference will be apparent.

Take a simple example. You received a message yesterday which was not so urgent so you did not reply right away, or replied but want to check it again or need to look up an address someone sent you last week. You have to open the specific app that where the message came in. Gmail app, Exchange Mail app, SMS, GTalk (Hangouts), Viber, WhatsApp, WeChat, Line Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. A lot of apps to keep track of multiple conversations.

With the Hub, you just go to the Hub.

Came from Android. Saw the Hub. Went to BlackBerry.
    09-18-13 10:08 PM
    You should take a look at the Moto X. But seriously, if you heard no tone, felt no vibration and the LED is not, blinking there is nothing there.
    09-18-13 10:14 PM
    Interesting that I had the same discussion with a co-worker about the difference between BB10 hub and iOS7 notification pull down menu just on Monday. At the time I knew HUB is better but couldn't quite explain it even to myself. Now when I am reading this thread ( I found this thread through search... trying to find how CB community think of this), something hit me:

The reason I prefer hub over the pull down menu, is not because all the communications are centralized at one location -- pull down menu has that too; is not because I can act on those messages right in the hub -- I can do that in pull down menu too; but because I can navigate through all communications easily, new ones or old ones.

First of all notification pull down menus only shows new/unread messages, for old messages, you have to go to each individual apps.

Second of all, even though you can act on one message in the notification menus, after you are done with this action, you have to pull down the notification bar again from the top of the screen, which takes way more effort comparing to hub. In hub, after the action, you are back in the hub automatically. Even if you are in a message and want to back to the main list, you only need to swipe from left to right, which is way more convenient and intuitive.

This is why we can fly through tons of messages on BB10 in a few short minutes, while on iOS7 or Android, it becomes a choir.

HUB is a well thought through app for message handling, notification pull-down menus are not in the same league. Thank you BlackBerry SW team, for bringing us this awesome tool to get things done fast.
    Robin Lim and menaknow like this.
    09-25-13 01:08 AM
    Actually, the Hub also incorporates the Calendar, and by extension using a third party app, your To-Do list. It is just too bad it does not have a longer read ahead.

So basically, one interface has your appointments, reminders and all your electronic inboxes.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-25-13 01:28 AM
    What I like about the hub is that my thumb is always at the bottom of the phone, so swiping up (to get the hub, it isn't 2 swipes, it is one long swipe with the thumb naturally going from the bottom to the right). I always found swiping from the top (especially on the larger Android phones) to be awkward and require a phone shift to do it. Also, you can access the hub at any time, just like Android notifications, so those are equal.

Being able to change views in the hub to see only certain things such as texts, facebook, different email addresses, etc gives the hub an advantage imo (I don't think that Android can do that). However, Androids quick access to system settings gives Android a huge advantage, even if you consider the pull down menu in BB10 which is seriously lacking (give us a damn brightness change option!!!! As well as a little transparency like Android and iOS 7!).

Overall I like the hub better, but only because the bottom up swipe is more natural and easier to perform without shifting the phone at all. That being said, Android offers way more useful options, but those settings don't need the easy access they have. BB10s home screen only settings menu is as accessible as needed, but they need to add all the settings that Android has (or at least most of them).

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:13 AM
    First of all notification pull down menus only shows new/unread messages, for old messages, you have to go to each individual apps.

Second of all, even though you can act on one message in the notification menus, after you are done with this action, you have to pull down the notification bar again from the top of the screen, which takes way more effort comparing to hub. In hub, after the action, you are back in the hub automatically. Even if you are in a message and want to back to the main list, you only need to swipe from left to right, which is way more convenient and intuitive.

This is why we can fly through tons of messages on BB10 in a few short minutes, while on iOS7 or Android, it becomes a choir.

HUB is a well thought through app for message handling, notification pull-down menus are not in the same league.
    These are excellent points that i never thought of. This might be the explanation that i could never put into words!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:35 AM
35 12