So on what features is RIM selling BB 10 phones, so people will buy it over iPhone and Android?
    Why are these features better and sell-able?
    11-16-12 09:17 AM
    There is probably a lot of features that they will use to sell BB10 devices that we don't even know about yet.
    The news they have show are the integration into the OS (from a developers standpoint it makes developing an app faster with less code example calling the camera from within your app instead of code the camera into your app, which in turn makes apps smaller so then people could hold more app/photos/videos), another is the hub, the flow of the OS and peek. Also since the core is QNX controlling other devices would be easier since QNX is used in a lot of embedded devices. They showed off the BlackBerry Porsche with one PlayBook controlling and accessing the other PlayBooks in the back seats.
    BB10FTW likes this.
    11-16-12 09:33 AM
    What i really mean, is RIM lost market over the years to Apple and Android. So people made the choice of iPhone and Android over Blackberry. People have switched from BB to other platforms.
    How is RIM planning of getting people to switch over to BB and win over Apple and Android.
    Must it be with innovation, revolutionary features?
    11-16-12 09:54 AM
    I have played with the iPhone and Android devices and I don't see anything they have over even BBOS except that they don't freeze the same and the ton of app (which I find most on the two platforms are a bunch of crappy app). I personally want a device they will let me finish what I need to do and get on to other stuff. I find they iPhone and Android are pushed to get you to stay on the device longer. I am not to fond of the lack of security on Android, or the way Apple like to control every little thing.

That's just my 2 cents
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-16-12 10:25 AM
    sell a product that will fit a consumers 'needs'
    11-16-12 01:42 PM
    I have played with the iPhone and Android devices and I don't see anything they have over even BBOS except that they don't freeze the same and the ton of apps ...
    If you are not on BES, wireless integration and sync of calender and contacts within email is useless on a Blackberry. Blackberry never paid attention to the BIS uses and has not released any real info that this will change under BB10.
    11-18-12 09:05 AM
    It's going to be tough because the consumer market has changed and RIM is way behind. Not only will they have to prove to people that they have caught up, but also that their devices are worthy of switching to. I don't believe there will be a lot that BB10 can do that other platforms can't that will make people switch, but those few differences will have to be marketed well. I would like to see simple, Apple-like, commercials that show the device doing something extrordinary. I would focus on security, maybe having a consumer who had security problems on another device speaking. I would show ease of use. Show someone using the same BB10 device as both a work and personal device, keeping all data and apps separate. Be innovative.
    11-18-12 09:06 AM
    For one there are a lot of folks that used to own BlackBerrys and probably will be interested in at least trying out BlackBerry 10. Millions of folks in North America. I think the big questions and things that could make it sell vs. not sell are:

How many of the current mainstream/trendy third party apps are on it at launch?
    Are the first party apps the BB faithful all count on all there and as good as and in some cases better than the traditional ones (maps app, BlackBerry Travel, podcasts, etc.)?
    How fun and efficient are peak and flow from a user viewpoint. Peak we see and is self explanatory. But I have yet to see how flow will work with third party apps and eliminate the need to return to a homescreen/launcher as has been suggested. This has to be intuitive enough so that first time users prefer it over the "home button-launch" routine that is standard now.
    11-18-12 09:16 AM
    I believe a lot of people that left BB left because maybe there friends had ios or android or there BB didn't do some things that ios or android could do,,it doesn't mean they actually liked those OS's. I know my aunt curently has an android phone but LOVED her BB because it it allways just worked,,,I told her about BB10 and she said she was dumping her droid 3 as soon as if came out. She never like her droid or android but it did some things she needed that BB now does.
    11-18-12 03:09 PM
    If you are not on BES, wireless integration and sync of calender and contacts within email is useless on a Blackberry. Blackberry never paid attention to the BIS uses and has not released any real info that this will change under BB10.
    I only recently started using BES, before that my calendar and contacts synced fine.
    11-19-12 07:59 AM
    How is RIM planning of getting people to switch over to BB and win over Apple and Android.
    Must it be with innovation, revolutionary features?
    Indirectly maybe, but personally I think the main thing the average consumer (aka non-enthusiasts) notice are TV commercials that say, "download our app for iPhone or Android..." at the end. If BlackBerry isn't mentioned as a "normal" alternative by companies selling their products via apps, people won't think of asking about BlackBerries when shopping for a new phone.
    11-19-12 08:54 AM
    For me its that awesome keyboard. I owned a Bold 9000 after my first 3GS and LOVED IT!!! That KB is basically tactile sex!! It is really the only reason that I want to [quasi] jump the apple ship again. However I don't plan to totally give up iOS until I'm certain the apps I use alot will have FULL support and a comparative price on BB10. Example: on Android AND iOS, Shazam is free and pretty much unlimited. On the Bold and Curve I had, you only got 5 free tags a month and had to pay for any more!! Whats that about!
    11-20-12 10:39 AM
    IMO, the one selling point they need is the OS. BB10 OS has been 100% rebuilt from the ground up to be the best OS on the market to date and after watching all the hands on videos in all the different languages out there i totally agree with them. I show my friends the pix of L-Series and they all say the same, "Looks just like an iPhone." i then show them a vid of the OS and they are hooked. this is what RIM needs to promote.
    11-20-12 10:57 AM