Hello, Everyone!

This is my first post and I've been watching the forum for a couple of years now, and wanted to Join the community for awhile. I've decided my way of getting my foot in the door of Crackberry is writing a hypothetical thread about Nintendo and Rim Partnering up. I Hope no one's thought of this yet (Sorry if someone has).

But, seriously! What if Nintendo and Rim partnered up? It seems now a days the three big gaming consoles are moving towards the mobile and tablet industries. Sony Jumped on to Android, Xbox and all its content is obviously integrated into windows phone 8. That just leaves Nintendo, who currently is aware there not going to do very well on the "Nintendo U" console and the portable 3DS Line aren't making the kind of sales it used to in the past with the older lines. Nintendo is aware that Tablets are the new way to game, that's why the created the "GamePad" for the Wii U. But, Windows caught on and created an easier method of connecting your tablet/phone to your console with "Smartglass"; It's Cheaper, easier and I don't have to buy a single product.

This could really change things if Nintendo and Rim partnered up and All Nintendo gaming was exclusive to Blackberry devices. Or if was integrated even further and are "Mii" avatars collected personal information; like how many times we're checking into restaurants, How much walking versus the amount of driving we've done, are time spent at home versus the amount at work, what the rest of our family members are doing..etc. This is a couple of the few Ideas I thought that could come out of this partnership.

What if, eh?
    11-01-12 04:58 PM
    "Nintendo, who currently is aware there not going to do very well on the "Nintendo U" console"

Link?

Also, this would be a mistake. RIM is trying to be about getting stuff done and appeal to professional adults, whereas Nintendo is primarily known for their kid-appropriate games and characters.
    11-01-12 05:16 PM
    Look around the internet? you'll find that Nintendo doesn't expect a record sale with there Wii U.

Nintendo trims red ink, lowers forecast for year | CTV News
    Nintendo Wii U sales forecast: 5.5 million consoles, 24 million games | BGR

I also believe there's only so many Productivity apps that'll ever need. And part of delivering a "Great experience" for a mobile device is having a well rounded app ecosystem, which includes games. I've been a pretty good nintendo fan since the "Super Nintendo" came out, and over the years I've notice Nintendo has been slowly changing there image with each console release. Maybe it's just me, (Because I've seen kids as early as Jr. High School rocking blackberry's) I don't see that big of a juxtaposition between Nintendo and RIM. Especially now that WII U is supposed to appeal to all gamers from Shooters to plat-formers. I just know if I saw that Nintendo and Apple partnered up, I would want a Iphone or at least Ipod touch.
    11-01-12 06:24 PM
    I've been thinking for a while that Nintendo should partner up with some mobile os and release the awesome back catalogue of games that they have. If done right I believe it would be like a license to print money. Mario and Zelda on a mobile OS? Even BB10? Seems like a slam dunk!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-01-12 09:12 PM
    Mario on BB10. Would be great. however, super mario bros is already on BB10 dev alpha via the snes port.
    11-02-12 01:06 AM
    Welcome cappyshirt!

Imo, big N is the only console maker that brings magic to our living room with their exclusive games.

Going on topic, happy you have brought this thread, because I have though of the same:. RIM and big N partnership. Nintendo has stated that their concern for hand helds market is not Sony vita, but tablets. I think they are right, considering my personal experience, after I bought playbook, our 3ds collects dust at home. Some analyzers defend that Nintendo should go cross platform and drop their hw. I hope they resist.

This partnership is really wishful thinking, and probably both companies would win with it (specially RIM). Big N really needs to address the portable market with a new strategy and RIM needs to standout from the mobile croud. This marriage would make me happy :-)
    11-03-12 09:24 AM
    i love both Nintendo and RIM

man... all those memories from my childhood.. playing Zelda OoT on my n64 or playing Pokemon on my gameboy pocket with my brother/friends etc.
    all their great franchises.... Zelda, Pokemon, Mario, Super Smash Bros., Kirby, Star Fox, etc... so GREAT!

already bought a 3ds XL about 2 months ago and immediately purchased OoT 3D (loved it!!), + already preordered my Wii U
    really excited for it and all the great franchises
    for me.. Nintendo is the greatest company in the world.. and their franchises aren't only for kids, that's a really dumb thing to say, games don't always have to focus around blood, sex and violence ! : )

so now that im done admiring Nintendo... i'm sorry to say this, but RIM and Nintendo partnership? that will NEVER happen
    u will not see nintendo franchises on any smartphone or any other platform besides their own
    11-03-12 11:00 AM
    they can bring trademark to bb10
    11-03-12 12:07 PM