What if BlackBerry throws in the towel on making new smartphones? What will you get next?

Posted via Z10 - 10.3.2.440
    07-27-15 07:14 PM
    Windows phone

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    07-27-15 07:59 PM
    IPhone

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 08:09 PM
    Likely Windows

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    07-27-15 08:24 PM
    I carry a new 9900 for business with my primary business line assigned to it. I suspect I'll continue to carry a 9900 until I can't find them, or until BIS no longer works, or until BlackBerry puts out a NEW 9900 type phone that runs as well as the BIS version.

I also have an iPhone 4s that I don't use, a WindowsPhone 521 that has my personal number on it. And I have an Android Volt with my 2nd business number on it.

So I'm covered whatever happens. If BIS went away tomorrow, and I had to choose only ONE phone, sadly, it would be the Android. It does everything, has more apps than the WindowsPhone, and I like the OS better than Apple. I say sadly because I prefer WindowsPhone, but Android is miles ahead on some key things like Apps and functionality.
    07-27-15 08:28 PM
    IPhones are for those who want a toaster with one setting for your toast. Easy to use, but not very versatile.

Windows Phone enjoys the same app issue we have, so not much of an improvement.

I would imagine that most BlackBerry people are fairly tech-oriented, like to play around with more than just a simple user interface, and are likely to go Android.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    jt597 likes this.
    07-27-15 08:40 PM
    IPhones are for those who want a toaster with one setting for your toast. Easy to use, but not very versatile.

Windows Phone enjoys the same app issue we have, so not much of an improvement.

I would imagine that most BlackBerry people are fairly tech-oriented, like to play around with more than just a simple user interface, and are likely to go Android.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    And I hear the Cyanogen Android OS that OnePlus runs is highly customizable (the infamous Mecca has been daily driving a OnePlus device for several months now, and likes it very much) - still not as good overall as BB10, but much better than the Android versions that are on Samsung, LG, etc.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    SurajBH likes this.
    07-27-15 09:15 PM
    I wish someone would make webOS re-live on a Pre3 rebuilt slightly larger with up to date specs... android RT would be a must for banking, but IP cameras, etc. Build quality was superb...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 09:21 PM
    I would love to go to Windows Phone but they are struggling with apps and flagship phones as well. I don't have the confidence that they will bring to the table the regulation in their app store that Google has thus far.

I will not or probably ever go back to iPhone due to their over priced proprietary hardware and software.

If I do choose Android it will likely be a Large scale memory storage phone like the Moto X 128 GB or more if available. I want nothing to do with Samsung crap or incompatibility problems with other manufactures.

Hoping that never happens cause that would be a sad day indeed. Maybe I'd just get a flip phone lol

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 09:40 PM
    Actually, I had the original motorola Razr flip which I hacked to death, browsed, read books, all kinds of stuff...I could learn to love the pocket-friendliness of it again...

Not to ignore the Droid Mini my wife rocks... very easy size but full features with 10mpx cam & all the redios including GSM LTE & CDMA unlocked... Kevlar back, great screen... superb !! Sadly, no keyboard...

Hoping that never happens cause that would be a sad day indeed. Maybe I'd just get a flip phone lol

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 09:56 PM
    I've said it before, so I'll say it again, Windows Phone.

iPhone has been covered by others. None of the other IT professionals I know who left BlackBerry for Android, and are as security and privacy minded as I am, use the the capability or breadth of application ecosystem of their Androids. So what's the point? From what I've seen of WP 8, and 10 they are a distant second behind BlackBerry but well ahead of the rest.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    07-28-15 04:04 AM
    Maybe to Jolla once my Z30 dies. Ubuntu Phone and Plasma Mobile look good too, but they're still less mature than Jollas Sailfish OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 04:11 AM
    Posted Via Blackberry Q10
    07-28-15 05:57 AM
    tough call,but definetly not Apple,even though I have an ipad,Samsung? who knows ? I really like my BB and don't want anything else,oh the horror!
    SurajBH likes this.
    07-28-15 05:58 AM
    Judging by my signature, BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 05:58 AM
    Probably android since apple is too expensive for me.
    And windows isn't so mature yet.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 06:20 AM
    Back to one of my ancient Nokia dumbphones perhaps, but will ne not needed because BlackBerry will live forever ;P

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:06 AM
    I've said it before, so I'll say it again, Windows Phone.

iPhone has been covered by others. None of the other IT professionals I know who left BlackBerry for Android, and are as security and privacy minded as I am, use the the capability or breadth of application ecosystem of their Androids. So what's the point? From what I've seen of WP 8, and 10 they are a distant second behind BlackBerry but well ahead of the rest.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    I did not consider what Windows Phone 10 may bring cause I don't speculate much on what could be but I do hope they secure and refine their app store with apps that are universal to their tablets and computers. That is an attractive piece of the pie. Also the wait and see approach will have to be, due to developers telling Microsoft that no they aren't going to start developing right away for their Windows 10 app store. They told Microsoft they will wait and see what they do with Windows 10 first. Unless Microsoft throws more money to their developers to kick start things I think it will be a slow go as we have had it here at BlackBerry.
    I do hope they figure it out cause the more variety and players the more these manufacturers will strive to offer us what we want with the best experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:07 AM
    Definitely no android phone again. After 1.5 years you usualy don't get any security fixes anymore with most android phones. And throwing my phone into the bin just because of a big android security hole like stagefright is silly. I also dont like iOs, Windows Phone and Tizen. So probably Sailfish, Ubuntu, Plasma or Firefox would be my choice. But as long as there is BB 10 I will use that.
    Gerii and ezikiah like this.
    07-28-15 11:18 AM
    I have not really thought that far ahead (if it is really far ahead). I love the Z30 and my Passport and if I had to hang them up- what device out there are like the Z30 or the Passport? None! So, for me I will have to lower my standards (again; I said MY standards) and go with an Android device... Which one? It would be one of the Galaxy Notes.
    07-28-15 11:38 AM
    What if BlackBerry throws in the towel on making new smartphones? What will you get next?

Posted via Z10 - 10.3.2.440
    I will hoard and stock pile as many Passport or Q10 Possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 03:16 PM
    I will hoard and stock pile as many Passport or Q10 Possible.

Posted via CB10
    If BB10 development stops, and people like Cobalt move on..... not sure how productive or secure BB10 will be in a few years.

Really want to see what Windows 10 looks like on a phone.... and I want to see some new Flagship devices. Really liking my Windows Tablet and being able to use full Windows Programs. There are still a wide variety of those out there that are much more functional than just an APP.

And if they throw in Free Office..... that will work out pretty good for me.
    07-29-15 10:05 AM
    iPhone
    07-29-15 10:39 AM
    I wish someone would make webOS re-live on a Pre3 rebuilt slightly larger with up to date specs... android RT would be a must for banking, but IP cameras, etc. Build quality was superb...

Posted via CB10
    Hell yeah, that would be great! WebOS was such a wonderful OS. I hate HP for destroying such a great platform! ...

PP SQW100-1/ OS 10.3.2.2204
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    07-29-15 11:05 AM
    It would have to be a Windows phone.

I am already heavily invested in the Windows ecosystem with my Dell tablet and my laptop. So getting an Windows Phone would make sense for me for full integration.

Iphone:
    Would not make sense for me since I need/want Windows for my tablet and my laptop. So I would not be able to have a full integration anyways.

Android:
    Would not work for me since I do not use Gmail or Google at all, other than for Youtube.

All in all, BlackBerry is perfect for me right now. It's got the apps (with the help of Android runtime). It has a physical keyboard, which I love on my Q10.

If Microsoft creates a physical keyboard phone, I am sure they could steal a lot of BlackBerry sales for people like me who rely on Microsoft products for their tablets, laptops, and computers, as well as their Office products.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:11 AM
40 12