I've been using os 10 for 6 weeks but I've only just realised the most important feature is missing. My torch had a loud profile which was louder than the normal profile. This is key for enterprise users, (and users like me who make good use of it)... Sometimes I feel there's so many fundamental missing features in os10 but who's actually going to listen to me and have them implemented?..
    Majorly frustrated! Yes technically I could just try and create the profile myself but it should be there as standard, it's like one of blackberry's individual usp

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:53 AM
    Thread title made more relevant and less melodramatic.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-28-15 07:01 AM
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-28-15 08:29 AM
    I've been using os 10 for 6 weeks but I've only just realised the most important feature is missing. My torch had a loud profile which was louder than the normal profile. This is key for enterprise users, (and users like me who make good use of it)... Sometimes I feel there's so many fundamental missing features in os10 but who's actually going to listen to me and have them implemented?..
    Majorly frustrated! Yes technically I could just try and create the profile myself but it should be there as standard, it's like one of blackberry's individual usp

Posted via CB10
    Considering there is the ability to ADD new profiles anyways, maybe learn to do that instead of grasping to the past.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-28-15 08:49 AM
    I agree they should have a loud profile. BB10 is extremely week when it comes to profiles period

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:08 AM
    If you need it, make it. It will take 20 seconds - about a tenth the time it took to post the complaint. Oh, the drama.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    der_mit and MobileMadness002 like this.
    02-28-15 09:13 AM
    actually, BlackBerry's profiles are extremely powerful and flexible, almost to the point of being comical.

Create a new profile: turn the volume all the way up and name it 'Loud'. Edit the Normal profile to have a lower volume: then go to quick settings and check the Loud profile so tapping on the Notifications quick setting icon includes Loud in the 'rotation'.

Yes they should have included a Loud profile by default but in the big scheme of things this is a totally solvable problem, compared to some of the other BB10.3.1 problems.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-28-15 09:22 AM
    Don't get me wrong, like I mentioned, I could make the profile but in terms of an OS point of view, this should already be included, we shouldn't have to refine the OS. The fact is since blackberry is trying to target enterprise, they should have things included in the OS and phones rather then expecting them to use time to refine the OS.
    Yes there are other issues with 10.3.1 but it is worth mentioning

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:31 AM
    at half volume, my normal tones are too quiet now... so the difference between normal and loud is marginal.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:57 PM
    Even at maximum. This is not as loud as the previous "loud" profile. Very frustrating. I'm missing appointment reminders all the time. How can I get that extra volume back. And trust me. it is much quieter. As soon as I got the update I nticed how quiet it was. Turned everything up to max and it is still not the same.
    07-24-15 06:14 PM
    Agreed with the "just make it" folks. Really that's the beauty of 10.3, adding custom profiles. No need to preload all kinds of variations when you can create whatever you want.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 09:23 PM
    Yeah, BlackBerry should pre-load all the right apps, music and photos, too.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 01:28 AM
    It wasn't included because it was one of the least used profiles in BBOS, and given the fact that people could create their own really easily it wasn't deemed to be a huge deal.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 03:44 PM
    Use the Normal profile then the volume rockers to adjust tone volume. Easier than creating a new profile and even easier than posting to complain about something so trivial.

Stop clinging to the past. People need to understand that the team who coded BB10 isn't the same team who worked on BBOS 7.1 and under.
    der_mit likes this.
    07-25-15 04:25 PM
    It wasn't included because it was one of the least used profiles in BBOS, and given the fact that people could create their own really easily it wasn't deemed to be a huge deal.

Posted via CB10
    How would you know that? Not necessarily disagreeing with you just curious how that particular data would be acquired.

One oddity to me is that the volume rockers default to adjusting media volume. Obviously we can change it, but I wonder how many people leave it as it is...if I'm not playing media I don't need the rockers to control that.

Yeah, BlackBerry should pre-load all the right apps, music and photos, too.

Posted via CB10
    Yes! Like that U2 iPod! Cuz Apple is smarter at everything.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 04:41 PM