Double peek, two layer peeking, whatever you want to call it...it was on the Dev Alpha and demoed by Vivik on the BlackBerry World event where BB10 was first introduced four months or so after Heins took over.

They showed the Hub, then opened an email, then opened an attachment in the email, then did the peek gesture but as he kept peeking further not only did the email underneath the attachment show, the hub showed again too. So it was a double peek.

This may have been useful. Wonder why it got tossed out.

~STV
    05-06-13 07:54 PM
    I was asking myself the same thing the other day

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:13 PM
    There is a gesture called the Root Peek that is in BB10. Probably what you mean.

In any Cascades area or app like the Hub or CB10, hold down the lower left button (usually says Back) and drag it from left to right.

Saves time when you've opened attachments and want to go back, or to quickly switch from media card to device memory when selecting a pic too, for example.

This is how you CB10, son!
    j21jam6, AT_Nepal and dannejanne like this.
    05-06-13 08:28 PM
    Hmm I can not picture what you are saying. Can you find the video of when it was shown?
    05-06-13 08:30 PM
    No that still just peeks back.

I'm talking about the double peek.

~STV
    05-06-13 08:30 PM
    Do you mean this?

What happened to double peek?-img_00000100.png

If so, then it's there. Almost any app that is 2 or more levels deep. There aren't that any apps that go that deep though.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:33 PM
    Update...

When in an email attachment, peeking by sliding thumb in any area toward left to right results in peeking back to the email message.

However, peeking by thumbing the back button to the right results in peeking to the hub, aka root peek as you mentioned.

So it is two separate gestures essentially. It used to be one and would double peek based on how far you dragged your finger on the Dev Alpha originally.

~STV
    05-06-13 08:34 PM
    Do you mean this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000100.png 
Views:	1025 
Size:	134.9 KB 
ID:	158965

If so, then it's there. Almost any app that is 2 or more levels deep. There aren't that any apps that go that deep though.

Posted via CB10
    No, but I realize now that the choice of peeking from the back button or anywhere on screen gives you the functionality the original double peek had.

Go watch the BlackBerry World event where BB10 was announced and first demoed by Vivik.

I'm talking dev alpha original when peek was diagonal. Lol.

It had a feature where you slid your finger back some and it showed underneath. Then you kept sliding to show the layer underneath that under layer. So it was 3 things total split up on the screen.

But the way it is on the z10 now has the same functionality an probably better given only so much screen real estate.

~STV
    05-06-13 08:42 PM
    Actually, I do remember that. It went through multiple open apps, right? I was wondering what happened. I figured enough open apps at once would make the phone lag, so they killed it.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:01 AM
    ergh you can still do it just teh second peek has to be done by moving back button.
    05-07-13 08:14 AM
    No one seems to actually remember what the OP is talking about. It had nothing to do with open apps. He is describing it exactly how it was shown to us. It was also showcased in the teaser video for BB10 with the Asian girl checking her emails on a prototype device and then subsequently receiving a call.

I have been wondering the same thing as the OP for ages but I fail to see the reason by you would need to do a double peek. If you forgot who sent you the email your currently looking at, you got problems. haha

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:15 AM
    No one seems to actually remember what the OP is talking about. It had nothing to do with open apps. He is describing it exactly how it was shown to us. It was also showcased in the teaser video for BB10 with the Asian girl checking her emails on a prototype device and then subsequently receiving a call.

I have been wondering the same thing as the OP for ages but I fail to see the reason by you would need to do a double peek. If you forgot who sent you the email your currently looking at, you got problems. haha

Posted via CB10
    True dat!

I don't specifically remember it being demoed in that video but maybe because all I'm thinking of when watching that is that she is hawt!

I know, I'm terrible.

~STV
    05-07-13 10:29 AM
    I'm going to guess they got rid of it because it wasn't that useful and probably got too complicated.
    05-07-13 12:39 PM