Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    3,179 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default What features do you want to see in BB10?

Treat this as a wish list sort of thing, okay? And it is the place to voice out what you would like to see most in BB10. It can be anything and there are certainly no limits being set here. Be crazy.

For me, I would like to see full voice typing being applied to the keyboard. Imagine typing BBMs using voice.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts

Superapp integration. . .information sheared between app as smoothly and easily as possible. . .
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

BES integration?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    3,179 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

A BB cloud storage solution ? Haha
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,050 Global Posts

GACK - CLOUD STORAGE - but with security
    mavricxx and Speedygi like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I want BlackBerry 10 to eliminate my fear and reality of losing a phone.
    Purchase these awesome apps for Z10 (BB10-device): Utilities: Mobile Network | Developer ModeBluetooth | Mobile Hotspot | NFC | Learn Essential Japanese Verbs | Ultimate Powerball
    FREE BlackBoard Lite (Free!) Coming SOON!: Mega Millions 10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,506 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    Treat this as a wish list sort of thing, okay? And it is the place to voice out what you would like to see most in BB10. It can be anything and there are certainly no limits being set here. Be crazy.

For me, I would like to see full voice typing being applied to the keyboard. Imagine typing BBMs using voice.
    I want it to be able to make me coffee in the morning. I'm sorry but you asked for it
    ePeriod Software
    Twitter: @eperiodsoftware
    Metal Trainer - Interval training timer for BB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    3,179 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfBinary View Post
    I want it to be able to make me coffee in the morning. I'm sorry but you asked for it

For some reason this reminds me of Ray Bradbury...
    troshs likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

an easier way of managing apps. it takes a lot of time to install/uninstall (specially unsinstall) apps on bb. atleast on curve 8520
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,723 Global Posts

widgets widgets and more widgets
    CrackBerry Abuser

I would like the home screen to always display a single list of all my tasks and appointments from my task list and calendar as a constant reminder that I have things to get done.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,251 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by .pinkberry View Post
    I would like the home screen to always display a single list of all my tasks and appointments from my task list and calendar as a constant reminder that I have things to get done.
    back when I had the 8330 I used a theme that did this and I LOVED it, I missed that the most when I moved to the 9800. no one made a good theme to bring me that functionality

so for me I want to see BB10 to have THEMES!! I want to have themes like back in OS4/5 days! oh how I loved them
    oops...
    Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. \
    CrackBerry Genius

1) I want to be able to access my files on my home PC from my phone. None of this "syncing" crap - I don't have 200GB of storage space on my phone, and I don't want to sync too much to it in the event the phone is lost or stolen.

2) Wifi sync of contacts and calendar, none of this "find the USB cord and dock the phone" crap.

3) Keyboard - press and hold for "caps" is nice, how about press and hold for just a little longer for "alt" character.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

1GB of RAM/ROM or whatever (at least) and 64GB app storage (not sure of the specs).
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

One thing I'd want to see in a BlackBerry is that they market how secure it can be. iOS and Android really lack real security of personal information. Anyone else feel the same way?

Mike @ guy4tech.com
    mavricxx likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by guy4tech View Post
    One thing I'd want to see in a BlackBerry is that they market how secure it can be. iOS and Android really lack real security of personal information. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Nope... RIM has already opened the backdoor to their system to various governments, It's just a matter of time before the US and Canada is next.

The US Military are using Android phones too.

Some security is important, but this can no longer be the main thing that RIM is built on.
    OS 10.2.android
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

That's true. Too bad. RIM really had some things going but let's hope BBM will same them in 2013.

Mike @ Guy4Tech.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    PIN
    28A1F88E

For the os not to be so clunky bought the torch, used it for less than a week and sold it, went back to android. No os is going to be perfect but the lack of apps and the not so smooth os made me return to the gnex I still like BB just hope they make the user experience better
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,934 Global Posts
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Addict

An amazing, fluid designed, ergonomic physical keyboard.....with the best of the loot around
    A.I.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

From what I've seen so far, I think RIM has got something good coming that will keep them floating. I just hope it comes out in time for them.

Mike @ Guy4Tech.com
    Thanked by:
    Speedygi (07-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

I'd like to see USB Hosting (on the PlayBook as well), MicroSD Slot (a Full sized SD slot on the next PlayBook PLEASE!!!), WiDi, NFC, HD 4mp front facing cam and HD 10mp rear cam, HD Screen with Gorrilla glass so it doesn't break or scratch easily, Battery should last a FULL day or day and a half, Bluetooth 4.0, 32/64GB internal memory, 2GB RAM, Quad Core processor...Basically I don't want ANY lag between screens or app to app etc. even after being packed with apps and memory full of media. NO freezing, NO rebooting needed AND FINALLY, I'd like to get the 2 convenience keys back PLEASE!!!
    Cesare21 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sgt50 View Post
    For the os not to be so clunky bought the torch, used it for less than a week and sold it, went back to android. No os is going to be perfect but the lack of apps and the not so smooth os made me return to the gnex I still like BB just hope they make the user experience better
    The OS is hardly clunky. Android? Now that's clunky. Everything floats about, you never know where things are. It's sort of like a teenager's Honda Civic with flashy bits sticking out all over the place with no coherent design.

Now if you're talking about screens not fading in and out really nicely - get over it. It's a phone, not a PlayStation.
    OS 10.2.android
    CrackBerry User

Default Forgot to add

Forgot to add, I'd like to be able to save pics to my phone without having to buy an app like screen munch, be able to download videos to my phone or PB without an app as well. Have the option to save to either device memory or external memory. I'd also like to see Video call integration onto BBM rather than 2 separate entities. Another idea I have is the ability to add an exteded battery without having it look all bulky, perhaps by adding an extra thick battery door so that when you switch it it doesn't change the look and feel of the phone. Latly, I would like for them to make more accessories and cool ones at that specially for active people. It is so hard to find an armband that fits good on my phone to go jogging or anything. Speaking of which there STILL isn't a dock with built in HDMI out and full sized USB for the PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts

One Feature that totally needs to be added is the CLOCK! There needs to be a banner always on top showing the Clock no matter what you're working on. No more having to buy apps just to see the clock. It's That easy just allow some space to display the Clock everywhere, anytime. It should never be covered up or hidden. I do not like having to close out of apps just to see the Clock on the Homscreen. Yes I know Advanced OS Led has added this feature, but when you have lots of choices in the BB Menu scrolling to look at the time is painful and time-consuming. That is unacceptable to me and sadly I had to buy an app that shows me the Clock, Amplify the App.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 07-09-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast