Rather want to ask this before ...

What happens with my apps and their configuration data? Do I have to buy some apps again? And what's with the contents of the SD card?

For almost all other stuff I have backups.
    04-12-15 07:51 AM
    Rather want to ask this before ...

What happens with my apps and their configuration data? Do I have to buy some apps again? And what's with the contents of the SD card?

For almost all other stuff I have backups.
    No need to buy again. SD card won't be wiped. Just log in with you BlackBerry ID in the world and go for my apps. All your apps will be deleted and your phone will basically become new. First of all why would you wipe it? any corrupted data? If so then go for it. But no use of backup if your phone's runtime is corrupted.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 07:56 AM
    You complicate matters with your run time reference. Could the reply not have been made simpler for common understanding?

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-12-15 08:05 AM
    You complicate matters with your run time reference. Could the reply not have been made simpler for common understanding?

Posted via CB10
    Didn't you get it? How can I make it easier for you?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:09 AM
    Run time (program lifecycle phase), the period during which a computer program is executing

Hope that helps.
    04-12-15 01:47 PM
    Be sure your SD card is NOT encrypted before you do a security wipe - otherwise you will lose all data stored on it.
    04-12-15 01:52 PM
    Further clarification on apps: Apps from BlackBerry World are attached to your BlackBerry ID, regardless of your device. So as long as you sign in with the BlackBerry ID you used to purchase the apps, they will show up in the available section of BlackBerry World. All you have to do is re download them. For Android apps, they can be reinstalled using File Manager from your backup apk's stored on your SD card, assuming you have a copy of the apk's on your SD.

The quickest way to get all your apps back is to do a backup using BlackBerry Link before you wipe the phone and restore from the backup using Link after the wipe. Note: Snap and Flash Browser won't be backed up and therefore won't be restored. You will have to sideload them again.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and muellerto like this.
    04-12-15 04:14 PM
    Further clarification on apps: Apps from BlackBerry World are attached to your BlackBerry ID, regardless of your device. So as long as you sign in with the BlackBerry ID you used to purchase the apps, they will show up in the available section of BlackBerry World. All you have to do is re download them. For Android apps, they can be reinstalled using File Manager from your backup apk's stored on your SD card, assuming you have a copy of the apk's on your SD.

The quickest way to get all your apps back is to do a backup using BlackBerry Link before you wipe the phone and restore from the backup using Link after the wipe. Note: Snap and Flash Browser won't be backed up and therefore won't be restored. You will have to sideload them again.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for clearing things up. Much more concise and to the point.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-12-15 05:58 PM
    I can report: it was a full success. The apps went from "Installed" to "Available", as predicted, I reinstalled them all at once from there. OK, I surely had then to go through all of the settings in the OS and every app to make this all right, and I got back all the social crap I uninstalled long ago. The backup app reported 4 contacts being "skipped" while restoring, whatever that means, I still must check this. But beside this my Z30 behaves now indeed like completely new. I got also finally deleted some old fellows: I had some lyches in my filesystem on the SD card, files (pictures) I couldn't delete or move or rename for whatever reason.
    04-13-15 12:18 AM