1) If not reasonably priced (for ex: costlier than S3 or Note 2)
    2) If it doesnt have apps important for me (full google maps with nav, instagram, whatsapp, evernote)
    3) Poor battery life (very irritated with my android's battery life. so wont go for another device that sucks battery)
    12-11-12 11:51 AM
    If the browser slows down as badly with javascript as it does with the phones and Playbook.

And as others said, I'm worried about the lack of a trackpad. Curious to see how difficult selecting things will be now.
    12-11-12 12:25 PM
    The only thing that would stop me would be an airplane crash and being stuck on an un-inhabited island with a group of prep school boys turned savages. BUT I would find a nice shell on the beach and pretend it was my L-Series BB10 until I was rescued . . .
    The only thing?! what if the plane crashed into the black forest far north, with a pack of grey wolves surrounding? what are you going to do then, huh!? :-)
    DocDRM likes this.
    12-11-12 02:07 PM
    Opening my box to find a UI that is clunky (locking "FLOW" lol), abhorrent battery life (like my EVO 4G), or a device that is completely locked down...preventing me from removing apps that I have no use for.
    12-11-12 02:15 PM
    Opening my box to find a UI that is clunky (locking "FLOW" lol), abhorrent battery life (like my EVO 4G), or a device that is completely locked down...preventing me from removing apps that I have no use for.
    So basically you must have yet to see a single demo video of BlackBerry 10? That is the only circumstance under which these concerns would be valid. (minus battery life).
    12-11-12 02:36 PM

And as others said, I'm worried about the lack of a trackpad. Curious to see how difficult selecting things will be now.
    If the Web browsers are as decent like in android. Them track pad is not needed. The touch pin point is quite good on Android. Selecting small links or selecting text, what have you is very good boarder line excellent. Touch screens have come a long, long way.

I can see what many think it's a necessity, as the touch screen on the original storm and torch series where just horrible compared to the competition. With bb10 I don't think thats going to be an issue anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-11-12 03:28 PM
    So basically you must have yet to see a single demo video of BlackBerry 10? That is the only circumstance under which these concerns would be valid. (minus battery life).
    Oh nooo...I've seen them. I'm just not easily swayed by advertisements...even in the from of videos depicting "actual use". I need to use it and make up my own mind about the flow factor.

Also after seeing that teaser pic of the back of a device, I'd have to say if the size is even remotely unwieldy...I'll have trouble giving up my 9930.
    12-11-12 04:14 PM
    If your a happy BB user then ask yourself this: If a lack of apps deters me from BB10 then why am I with BB now? I cant imagine any reason why I wouldn't buy a bb10 phone...
    I'll answer this one. As I have only been with Blackberry since the beginning, I never had an opportunity to experience the types of applications other platforms provided; that is, my experience was solely based on poorly designed and executed applications that worked - kind of - on a Blackberry phone. This experience was largely negative and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why everyone else in the world was ranting and raving about quality apps when using applications on Blackberry phones was most often an exercise in frustration.

This opinion began to change with the advent of the Playbook; I got to use "real" applications on a Blackberry device. Who knew this was possible on a Blackberry device?!?!?! And then I got a competitors tablet and began to truly see what is available and possible application wise when the product has a robust store; eager developers; and a supportive company/infrastructure that provides the proper tools for creating quality applications. To be blunt, it is impressive with some of the applications that are out there, e.g., Brain and Nervous System Pro by 3D 4 Medical (3D 4 Medical, In depth medical apps for iPhone, iPad and large collection of high quality medical images and animations)

So now I've come full circle whereby the lack of applications will certainly be a disincentive for me to switch to BB10. Having experienced what is possible and/or available on other platforms; why would I want to stay with a platform that is limited? But I am hopeful that RIM has rectified the lack of a quality - that's the keyword there - applications. My decision to stay with BB10 will certainly be based on that.
    12-11-12 05:06 PM
    BIS being mandatory. You can't use blackberries on prepaid much and this is why. BES is great for business but for individuals BIS isn't needed anymore or needs to be an option.
    Not quite sure what this means. My 3 kids have had BlackBerrys on Rogers Prepaid for 2 years and all the BB features seem to work. For the most part, their 'BIS only' BB can do what my corporate, BES BB does.
    12-12-12 08:44 AM
    Another thing that will deter me from BB10 is if the WiFi will not work if I'm not connected to BIS.

This was a major gripe for me when I was trying to use my cell phone abroad. I wasn't signed up for BIS in those countries but I had the hardest time using wifi and most times it would just not work. That is definitely a deal breaker for me. Like any modern smartphone, I should be able to use apps and browse the web normally as long as I have a wifi connection.
    12-12-12 10:47 AM
    This is the phone I am probably going to be using for the next two years atleast, I think having quad-core is a must. I know, if it feels fast then whats the point of quad core. Well, its just marketing if anything. I just like the idea that my phone will trump any others for the next two years.
    12-13-12 12:10 AM
    Honestly, nothing would deter me from getting a new BB10 device. I am super excited for the device, especially after the videos that were released in the last 24 hrs. I can put up with battery life, lack of app support etc. I am a BB guy and that is it. I won't switch till BB is gone, regardless of how good or bad the phone is. I do not want to be part of iSheep and android does not excite me that much.
    12-13-12 12:34 AM
    Carrier support and price without an upgrade path. Tired of paying for a phone at $X only to see it drop like a rock in price a year later.... No cross platform video chat capability or a solid Docs To Go with Wi-Fi print.
    12-14-12 08:59 AM
    I won't get BB10 if my existing BIS data plan won't work with it.
    12-14-12 09:23 AM
    If the browser slows down as badly with javascript as it does with the phones and Playbook.

The Dev Alpha A is already running the SunSpider JavaScript benchmark in just over half the time the Playbook does. The L-Series release should see even further optimization and will run on better hardware.
    12-14-12 10:31 AM
    Price
    Another delay
    Lack of Apps i.e Netflix, Instagram, Words With Friends, mobile banking apps to name a few...

If and when they drop bb10 and it doesn't show any grave improvements, I am out ! I don't want to even hear about "This or that will be released at a later date" just as they did with that god awful PB they suckered me in to buying... The last BB I bought was the 9700 the day after it dropped and I've been withholding getting a new BB until they finally came out with something worth bragging about. January 30th will determine my fate with BB.
    Darlaten likes this.
    12-14-12 11:57 AM
    We have had zero leaks on the N series, yet its being released alongside the L...
    It is being announced not released alongside the L-series, we still don't know how close it is to release, presumably once the L-series software goes gold they will leverage all they can from that for N-series and then be racing to make all the required ui changes that are needed for the smaller display and physical keyboard in time for it to be launched.
    12-15-12 07:10 AM
    Most people in this thread:

"Things that would deter me from buying BB10 would be
    - Laggy OS
    - Buggy
    - Old and stale UI
    - blah blah...."

HAVE YOU WATCHED ANY OF THE DEMO VIDEOS?

"Yeah so the thing that would deter me from buying the new ferrari is....

- Slow as a Honda Civic
    - Bad/Ugly looking...."

You guys are ridiculous sometimes. JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT RIM RELEASES for f*cks sake.
    Way to miss the point of this topic which ask what could possibly deter you, not what they expect to happen.
    12-15-12 07:12 AM
    There is always something better and faster down the line in any company that plans to stay in business. We were told that there would be about 6 phones. Some low end but we know there is a chance to have a higher end phone. They are not hiding much from you. Your choices are to wait until all are released to find the one that best suits you or to jump on the first out of the gate and hope your happy with it.

James
    12-15-12 07:40 AM
    Didn't they mention that it would be within weeks of the L series launch?

James
    12-15-12 07:43 AM
    Even with quad core your phone will not trump anything for two years. You think there isn't an Android phone company out there that won't put something out with higher specs asap? I own the Playbook, after using that for about a year now, I don't see why anyone would think that this phone will need quad core.

James
    12-15-12 07:55 AM
    1. No access or incompatibilty to corporate email
    2. Another delay
    12-15-12 08:08 AM
    1. If voice calls are not possible even on this os , especially for free , such as Viber , Msn Voice, Yahoo Voice , then bb10 is no go for me
    12-15-12 09:17 AM
    Not quite sure what this means. My 3 kids have had BlackBerrys on Rogers Prepaid for 2 years and all the BB features seem to work. For the most part, their 'BIS only' BB can do what my corporate, BES BB does.
    If a carrier does not have the BIS in their infrastructure, you can't use current blackberries or the blackberries will be "gimped". Virgin Mobile, Straight Talk, and some more I forgot don't do blackberries, at all. To me a consumer blackberry should just use the data network and not require a separate protocol as Windows Phone, WebOS (back in the day), iOS, Android etc just run on the carriers data. Smaller prepaid carriers such as Straight Talk are get very popular with frugal people, would hate the BB10 for consumers couldn't run on these carriers because BIS is required by the Carrier to support.
    12-18-12 09:23 AM
    Cost, both of the phone itself and of various monthly costs to use the full functionality of the phone. So if I can't use it to get my email through wi-fi because I need to have a BIS account even though I am not using BIS, then that would turn me off.
    I want a great phone but I don't like paying fees for things I don't need, like BIS, in my particular situation.
    Some people don't mind paying $60 or $80/month. Me, I want to pay as little as I need to to have a phone and use apps.
    sandmanfvr likes this.
    12-18-12 09:28 AM
136 ... 3456