EXACTLY!! I guess some would find that "featureful" but I don't. I want my notifications to stay until I actively clear them out. This is not superior at all.

I had this on my Captivate too so I don't think this is new by any means.
    +100!
    12-09-12 08:38 PM
    EXACTLY!! I guess some would find that "featureful" but I don't. I want my notifications to stay until I actively clear them out. This is not superior at all.

I had this on my Captivate too so I don't think this is new by any means.
    There are a few different notification features from your Captivate days, but yep the one thing that's the same is that once you clear them from the shade, they're gone. And I always clear notifications after I check them, but I still would like a "tally" of sorts of my recent notifications! So the hub it is for me.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-09-12 08:47 PM
    ......... what could possibly deter you from purchasing a new BB10 device? .......

Zombie Apocalypse,... maybe........
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-09-12 08:54 PM
    There are a few different notification features from your Captivate days, but yep the one thing that's the same is that once you clear them from the shade, they're gone. And I always clear notifications after I check them, but I still would like a "tally" of sorts of my recent notifications! So the hub it is for me.
    We'll see. I'm not usually an early adopter and I anxiously await some of the Crackberry alums reviews.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-09-12 09:14 PM
    Deter me? Definitely lack of crappy apps. I depend on and love the crappy apps on my 9930 and PB, as does my company.
    12-09-12 10:30 PM
    Predictable responses from Crackberrians.

Personally, there is only one thing that would stop me from buying a BB10 phone, and that is, Jolla's Sailfish.

That OS is something special, more special than what is currently on the market. The only uncertainty about it is that people are so into their Droids that they will likely not give Jolla a second look. Reminds me of another wonderful OS- WebOS.

BB10 will have to be really, really good (compared to Jolla's OS) for me to go with it.

Thus far, it (BB10) looks to be an interesting OS judging by the recent leaks/previews, however, until I see the whole OS I am also still keen on Jolla's offering.
    12-10-12 02:58 AM
    Predictable responses from Crackberrians.

Personally, there is only one thing that would stop me from buying a BB10 phone, and that is, Jolla's Sailfish.

That OS is something special, more special than what is currently on the market. The only uncertainty about it is that people are so into their Droids that they will likely not give Jolla a second look. Reminds me of another wonderful OS- WebOS.

BB10 will have to be really, really good (compared to Jolla's OS) for me to go with it.

Thus far, it (BB10) looks to be an interesting OS judging by the recent leaks/previews, however, until I see the whole OS I am also still keen on Jolla's offering.
    I agree. While I have no physical knowledge of Sailfish, I have heard nothing but good things about it. I can however personally relate to your comment about webOS. My previous phone before returning to BlackBerry was a Palm Pre Plus. Loved that thing. The OS was so intuitive and ahead of its time. QNX, the PlayBook, and RIM really capitalized on the best components of webOS and made it work for them. And I commend them on that front.

Most people commented on things that may be wrong with BB10 itself that might deter them but I like how you mentioned that another OS entirely, and a relatively unknown one at that, might draw you away. Kudos. :thumbup:

I, for one, am going to be a predictable CrackBerrian and say that for the most part, I love RIM's touchscreen offerings, having used the 9800, 9860 and 9550 and found some good in all them. What may very well draw me away from BB10 is if RIM doesn't nail the software keyboard on the L-series!
    mod9 likes this.
    12-10-12 03:29 AM
    F*** all could deter me. I'm getting it
    12-10-12 04:02 AM
    One of the things I'm going to be keeping my eye on is watching consumer feedback for a few months to see how the android emulator in BB10 performs, and whether it has any adverse impacts on performance overall after a few months of using android apps on this device.
    12-10-12 08:23 AM
    I agree. While I have no physical knowledge of Sailfish, I have heard nothing but good things about it. I can however personally relate to your comment about webOS. My previous phone before returning to BlackBerry was a Palm Pre Plus. Loved that thing. The OS was so intuitive and ahead of its time. QNX, the PlayBook, and RIM really capitalized on the best components of webOS and made it work for them. And I commend them on that front.

Most people commented on things that may be wrong with BB10 itself that might deter them but I like how you mentioned that another OS entirely, and a relatively unknown one at that, might draw you away. Kudos. :thumbup:

I, for one, am going to be a predictable CrackBerrian and say that for the most part, I love RIM's touchscreen offerings, having used the 9800, 9860 and 9550 and found some good in all them. What may very well draw me away from BB10 is if RIM doesn't nail the software keyboard on the L-series!
    I always enjoy reading fair, balanced and mature responses like this. Someone doesn't even have to agree with me but as long as they deliver their disagreement in an acceptable and respectful manner it is always pleasure with me.

I agree with everything in your post but the part that resonates with me the most is the last sentence. RIM has to make sure that the software part is very well engineered with little to no bugs when it is available.
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    12-10-12 08:40 AM
    Nothing.
    My BB9800 still does everything (and does it well) I need from a phone and my future BB10 will surely be better.
    I watch TV on a TV. I go to the theatre to watch movies. When I want to talk to someone wirelessly, I don't feel the need to see them. Maybe that's just me.
    12-10-12 09:24 AM
    Camera quality, Instagram App (), Speed and Device look & feel

as an iPhone user I'm real curious about BB10 - the hub is really compelling
    12-10-12 01:20 PM
    Poor Battery Life
    No Skype
    A price point above $600
    12-10-12 01:34 PM
    A quarter score and 9 months ago our Crackberry fathers brought forth this website; conceived at a bar and dedicated to the proposition that all blackberry users are created equal. Now we are engaged in the great BB10 launch, testing whether that device, or any device, so conceived and so dedicated can long endure...

...we here highly resolve that previous devices shall not have died in vain - that Blackberry, under RIM, shall have a new birth of addicts - and that Crackberry, of the user, by the user, and for the user shall not perish from this earth.
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    12-10-12 02:40 PM
    We all know of BB10, and we are all excited for it. But what could possibly deter you from purchasing a new BB10 device? For me, it would be lack of new music avaliable in Blackberry World, as I believe its called. Most artists see iTunes as the major digital music store, with Google Play as a distant second. Since Blackberry is seen as an "ancient" phone, I think most artists will be hesitant to allow their songs to be avaliable to be purchased on BB10 devices. But what would be your dealbreaker?
    The only thing that would stop me would be an airplane crash and being stuck on an un-inhabited island with a group of prep school boys turned savages. BUT I would find a nice shell on the beach and pretend it was my L-Series BB10 until I was rescued . . .
    12-10-12 02:55 PM
    Most people in this thread:

"Things that would deter me from buying BB10 would be
    - Laggy OS
    - Buggy
    - Old and stale UI
    - blah blah...."

HAVE YOU WATCHED ANY OF THE DEMO VIDEOS?

"Yeah so the thing that would deter me from buying the new ferrari is....

- Slow as a Honda Civic
    - Bad/Ugly looking...."

You guys are ridiculous sometimes. JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT RIM RELEASES for f*cks sake.
    lnichols likes this.
    12-10-12 03:24 PM
    I am confident that I will be getting a BB10 touch device, but I am not an early adopter because I want to know the product doesn’t have any quirks or at least quirks that I can live with. So with that said I must be practical and say the device must work well as a phone first. No antenna-gate. No dropped calls or muting when touching the screen with the side of your face. Second, the phone must do what it is advertised to do, and it must do it well (which I feel RIM has done). As far as apps go I don't need my phone to download television on or Skype, but a decent NFC payment app, a solitaire app and a news feed reader would be nice. Everything else is just icing on the cake.
    Ray UM likes this.
    12-10-12 04:15 PM
    apps apps apps. as a blackberry user both phone and playbook i hate waiting extended times for either the same app or even worse a "like" app like the difference between words with friends and sketch with friends.

i want to see us get apps as fast as ios and android do. i still cannot get angrybirds star wars on my playbook and it has been out for about 2 months now.

most of the popular apps like ebay and paypal along with a gps substitute other than a non visual turn by turn like bbtraffic and the regulars. also i would like to see the popular but useless apps like words with friends/instagram/angrybirds just to appease the people and regain a good relationship with rim and the general public and social media.
    12-10-12 04:52 PM
    Basically if RIM continues to be RIM....

Buggy OS
    Lack of Quality Apps
    Lack of 3rd Party Support
    If they have to say for any reason "it's coming soon"
    PRICE
    Apps Store doesn't get fixed - needs weigh of reviews, books are not apps!!, needs to be a Native Store and separate area for Android
    12-10-12 04:58 PM
    A quarter score and 9 months ago our Crackberry fathers brought forth this website; conceived at a bar and dedicated to the proposition that all blackberry users are created equal. Now we are engaged in the great BB10 launch, testing whether that device, or any device, so conceived and so dedicated can long endure...

...we here highly resolve that previous devices shall not have died in vain - that Blackberry, under RIM, shall have a new birth of addicts - and that Crackberry, of the user, by the user, and for the user shall not perish from this earth.
    I say this with my old, thrashed 9650 over my heart
    12-10-12 05:05 PM
    Absolutely NOTHING !
    I shall have the BB10 when it launches. And since I am one of those people who carry 2 phones (1 for work & 1 for personal), I will probably own 2 BB10s until they enable the capability to have two lines w/two unique phone numbers on a single device.
    I can't wait to get my new BB10s !!!
    12-10-12 11:12 PM
    How they handle replacing the trackpad on the B10 N-Series, as selecting text using touch screen devices have never been good for me even on a touchscreen device as big as an Ipad.
    12-11-12 06:35 AM
    How they handle replacing the trackpad on the B10 N-Series, as selecting text using touch screen devices have never been good for me even on a touchscreen device as big as an Ipad.
    I'm just hoping it is better handled than the playbook. That is by far the worst experience with trying to highlight text I have ever used.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    12-11-12 08:07 AM
    Nothing, rien, nada, semmi, τίποτα, 無, nichts, لا شيء, niets, ничего.
    Just in case you wanted to know, that is nothing in 10 different languages.
    (No, I don't know that many languages, I used Google Translate.)
    Add NULLA (Italian)
    12-11-12 09:38 AM
    BIS being mandatory. You can't use blackberries on prepaid much and this is why. BES is great for business but for individuals BIS isn't needed anymore or needs to be an option.
    12-11-12 11:11 AM
136 ... 23456