There is a limit to the number of devices that you can have your song on.
    You have to use iTunes to do the transfer.
    You don't really own the music. I know I'll get ripped for this one...
    Only because your spreading false information. And frankly, that deserves a ripping. I drag and drop purchases from iTunes onto my SGS3 without using iTunes, I'm in my music folder in windows file explorer- so I legitimately have NO idea what you're talking about. And neither do you, apparently.

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style
    kevinnugent likes this.
    12-09-12 09:14 AM
    That sounds about right. I think the limit is 5 computers max, which leaves room for 5 more devices (max 10 total).
    When I die, I am not allowed to give my iTunes library to my son. Screw that. Remember when you could buy an album or a CD and give it away if you wanted? Not iTunes.
    *facepalm*

Flowed from mah heart using SwiftKey Flow Beta from the Galaxy S3, jellybean style
    12-09-12 09:17 AM
    Sorry if I expect a lot as a consumer. I think people are too accepting and forgiving of companies.
    U choose to educate yourself buy coming here though. This information wouldn't be known to the average consumer. U could just wait for the Aristo though but like lnichols said, u won't have any options if you hold other manufacturers to this standard
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    12-09-12 10:22 AM
    Things that would stop me are lack of major apps, a lousy camera, and buggy software. This is RIM's last shot with me so I'm hoping they get it right
    bodjor likes this.
    12-09-12 10:23 AM
    The only thing that will keep me from BB10 is if I find I cannot live without a physical keyboard AND trackpad. The majority of what I do with my BB right now is messaging (it's not ALL I do, but it is the majority of it), so typing and text manipulation are of great importance to me. So far I haven't touched anything that works as well for me as that combination on my 9900. (After a year and a half with the PlayBook, I still hate typing -- and the inevitable correcting typos -- on it.) It will all come down to how comfortable I am doing what I do with a phone on BB10. But I'm excited to see these new phones, even the full touch screen, mostly because of how phenomenal I'm hearing BB10's virtual keyboard is. Gonna take a lot of time in the toy phone store before I make that decision. Otherwise, from what we're seeing and hearing about the alpha and beta devices out there now, I don't see anything else that would keep me away.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    12-09-12 10:24 AM
    When I walk into a Verizon store and they tell me that they are" all sold out" of the BB 10 and can order one for me, as opposed to hearing "We no longer stock BB but we can order one for you"!
    12-09-12 10:33 AM
    Besides the obvious bugs, crashes, etc that would be a deal breaker on ANY phone:

1. Missing keyboard functionality, which I really don't think will be a problem

2. Lousy turn by turn gps

3. Missing apps

4. If it doesn't add much functionality over what I can already do on my SGS3
    12-09-12 11:29 AM
    RIM'S music partner is 7digital, which already offers a great catalog in its own stores on BBOS and the PlayBook. On BB10 the music store will be integrated (as will the video store). The UI previewed on the Dev Alphas looks fantastic.

Oh, and 7digital is also Google's music partner in Google Play.
    7digital is an vendor you can get in the Play Store but they are not the provider of Google's music as they will be to RIM. Google makes their own deal with record labels the same way Apple does and provides the music directly.

And my answer to the OP's question is a repeat of the PlayBook's launch for BB10. It is the single reason I will not go off contract and buy the phone on launch day. I want to be sure we won't have the same troubles.
    12-09-12 11:37 AM
    For me the following will be a non starter for me.
    1. Buggy problematic os
    2. Spinning clock
    3. Constant battery pulls due to crashing
    4. Continuation of p:ss poor ecosystem.
    5. Constant delays on promised updated like with the playbook.

If they deliver on all fronts, there will be good chance I will be rocking a bb again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-09-12 11:55 AM
    Many apologies Mike/reeneebob/Martymcfly. In 2009 iTunes started to remove DRM and made iTunes Plus the standard. I should have known that. It's been longer than that since I used it. It would seem I fell victim to my own mantra... "Every morning you wake up, SOMETHING has changed". In my business (telecom) it is breakneck speed.
    Carry on!
    Last edited by canuckvoip; 12-09-12 at 03:07 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-09-12 12:12 PM
    Sounds like you are looking for excuses not to go BlackBerry anyway. You are not going to have a lot of choices if you hold other phone companies to these same standards.
    I think omniusovermind does have a point. If the handset we are all really waiting for came out 6 months after we purchased the initial one we would be feeling, how shall I put it, a bit put out.
    12-09-12 02:13 PM
    Like what Apple did with the ipad 4. Releasing it a mere six months after the ipad came out. That sure pissed off alot of the Apple faithful. I think rim is a bit smarter then that. Here's going anyways.

12-09-12 02:38 PM
    I think omniusovermind does have a point. If the handset we are all really waiting for came out 6 months after we purchased the initial one we would be feeling, how shall I put it, a bit put out.
    Fine then you two should wait for the not announced, no release date known, rumored device with the codename Aristo. Let me remind you though that the L series was originally supposed to make it according to RIM in Q1 2012, and now isn't coming out till Q1 2013. I seriously doubt that RIM will be releasing a phone with these specs shortly after releasing the L, but you are always welcome to wait if you think that is going to happen.
    pantlesspenguin and Cesare21 like this.
    12-09-12 02:41 PM
    I REALLY don't think the Aristo will be out a mere 6 months after the London. Think about how many months we've been seeing London leaks. If the Aristo was going to be released so soon after we would surely have more info on it than we do now. My guess is that it will be out late summer/early fall '13.
    12-09-12 03:15 PM
    I REALLY don't think the Aristo will be out a mere 6 months after the London. Think about how many months we've been seeing London leaks. If the Aristo was going to be released so soon after we would surely have more info on it than we do now. My guess is that it will be out late summer/early fall '13.
    I still think that the specs for the Aristo was a planned leak by RIM to keep spec hungry customers from jumping ship to quad core phones already out on the market today. RIM does not have a good track record when it comes to releasing products in a timely manner so if we see that phone before Dec '13 I would be very surprised. I'm also worried about RIM launching a flagship device in 2013 that is dual core and I am very intrigued to see how they market these devices
    12-09-12 04:00 PM
    I bought a PlayBook to see how it performed....I will buy the 10 as well, obviously am hopeful for a clean smooth runner.
    12-09-12 04:14 PM
    Fine then you two should wait for the not announced, no release date known, rumored device with the codename Aristo. Let me remind you though that the L series was originally supposed to make it according to RIM in Q1 2012, and now isn't coming out till Q1 2013. I seriously doubt that RIM will be releasing a phone with these specs shortly after releasing the L, but you are always welcome to wait if you think that is going to happen.
    And I want nothing more than for you to be proven correct
    12-09-12 05:34 PM
    Before I stated if rim was bought out, I would move on. But after using the iphone, galaxy note and 3s, blackberrry is far more superior as a phone. Sure those other phones have more apps, but their email, notification, etc is horrible.
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    12-09-12 07:42 PM
    Before I stated if rim was bought out, I would move on. But after using the iphone, galaxy note and 3s, blackberrry is far more superior as a phone. Sure those other phones have more apps, but their email, notification, etc is horrible.
    Have you used an Android device running jelly bean? The notification system on my galaxy nexus is superior to the one on my bb & iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-09-12 08:03 PM
    Have you used an Android device running jelly bean? The notification system on my galaxy nexus is superior to the one on my bb & iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not surprised many bb users don't know this. Jelly bean pull down notifications is the best on any phone i used of android ios and bb os and i used them all. Its for android what the hub essentially will be for bb10, similar anyways. Some individuals have to really try and use each major os before making strong statements.

What the bb faithful need to realize is that bb10 is nothing more then taking the best of Web os, win8, Android, and ios and are trying to put there spin on it. Nothing more then catching up with the major players, which makes me glad as I want rim to stay around as I like the competition. Nothing wrong with the way rim is doing things everyone dose the same.

12-09-12 08:19 PM
    A lack of track pad
    Well sorry buddy your out of luck
    12-09-12 08:23 PM
    Not surprised many bb users don't know this. Jelly bean pull down notifications is the best on any phone i used of android ios and bb os and i used them all. Its for android what the hub essentially will be for bb10, similar anyways
    Yep! I immediately thought about hub when I started using Jelly Bean. The difference, though, is that once you clear your notifications from the shade they're gone. With hub, you have all of your recent notifications right there.
    scott.slater and Toodeurep like this.
    12-09-12 08:24 PM
    Yep! I immediately thought about hub when I started using Jelly Bean. The difference, though, is that once you clear your notifications from the shade they're gone. With hub, you have all of your recent notifications right there.
    EXACTLY!! I guess some would find that "featureful" but I don't. I want my notifications to stay until I actively clear them out. This is not superior at all.

I had this on my Captivate too so I don't think this is new by any means.
    12-09-12 08:33 PM
    I bought a PlayBook to see how it performed....I will buy the 10 as well, obviously am hopeful for a clean smooth runner.
    Its bb10 not "the 10"
    12-09-12 08:35 PM
    I still think that the specs for the Aristo was a planned leak by RIM to keep spec hungry customers from jumping ship to quad core phones already out on the market today. RIM does not have a good track record when it comes to releasing products in a timely manner so if we see that phone before Dec '13 I would be very surprised. I'm also worried about RIM launching a flagship device in 2013 that is dual core and I am very intrigued to see how they market these devices
    We have had zero leaks on the N series, yet its being released alongside the L...
    Paulrobs7 likes this.
    12-09-12 08:37 PM
136 12345 ...