i'm new to blackberry with a q5 and this problem is getting me nuts.

when i look for new notifications on hub, i see these messages that some email accounts (2 from gmail + 1 pop) are disconnected.

facebook is always off and never get any notification.
    even if i open the fb app, the hub doesn't recognize it.

i think it's a os problem with the hub, that should try to refresh the connection constantly.
    i'll try to install an email client to see if solve the problem,
    trying to get these accounts off hub and do the notifications manually.

i'll reply if it works.
    11-20-13 11:35 PM
    No message just all emails stop, you look in accounts and they are disconnected. You reboot and all your day's emails flood in.

Inexplicably losing email access without warning or notification.
    This is me exactly for our wireless work network (Q10 with 10.2 OS).

The server for [email protected] [imap.gmail, port 993] can't be reached etc

And this is true for all 3 of my gmail accounts (but not for the work Microsoft Exchange Account). And there is no problem for our home's wireless network.

Instead of rebooting it is simple enough to turn on and then off "Flight Mode" and the emails will flood in for a time and then the disconnect invariably happens again.
    Last edited by copperbeech; 11-21-13 at 09:13 AM. Reason: error
    11-21-13 05:33 AM
    Anyone tried this app? Does it worth?
    Email for Google Gmail (NFC - HUB Connected BBM-Enabled)
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/24094890

I tried 2-step authenticator for google apps but the configuration is complicated,
    Since I have another personal account on google, it wouldn't work as well.

The problem to turn on/off "flight mode" is that we need to stay connect aways to the phone.
    And the hub should work automatically.

I'm being disappointed to changed from an iOS device.
    11-21-13 02:52 PM
    I've had this problem with all my accounts (2 gmail and 1 FB), but since I've updated to 10.2 OS, it was fixed, partialy. Now only my FB account is getting Not Connected. It seems that problem occurs when you switch from Wi-Fi to GSM and vice versa. And sometimes when you are on GSM only and you're switching cell towers, internet communication is interrupted for just brief period of time, but account(s) do not try to re-connect.
    IMHO, since it was problem on 10.1, and it is fixed on 10.2, I assume that problem was in OS. And since FB app is not part of OS, problem for that account persisted. Now I'm in process of testing my carrier (I inserted SIM card from another carrier) just to see if it will be solved. First results show that it is not connected with carrier, but it requires further testing. If I get any results (and hopefuly solution) I will post it ASAP, because I know how annoying this can be. I was so angry that I wanted to swap my phone for some android.
    So, I'm suggesting to everybody to upgrade their OS to 10.2 (even if your carrier doesn't support it, use Sachesi and install it).
    11-21-13 05:00 PM
    IMHO, since it was problem on 10.1, and it is fixed on 10.2, .
    I have the latest official OS ie 10.2.0.424 and I have nothing but trouble for all 3 of my gmail accounts re disconnects to these accounts.
    11-21-13 05:26 PM
    I have the latest official OS ie 10.2.0.424 and I have nothing but trouble for all 3 of my gmail accounts re disconnects to these accounts.
    Hmm... On my phone it was fixed with 10.2.0.424 (now I have 429 and it still works). Not sure about anything now. Only thing I am sure that if for some reason internet connection is lost, even for few seconds, accounts will disconnect.
    11-21-13 05:33 PM
    Occasionally I would get a message in Hub saying "Yahoo is not responding". I would go to accounts and re-enter my password and all would be good. With my gMail account this happened so often that I deleted it. Never really used it so not a problem for me but I sympathize with those that need gMail.
    11-22-13 04:20 PM
    On both my Q10's my 9900 my Playbook and my iPhone, Yahoo is the only mail client that I constantly get the re-sync account response issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 04:46 PM
    So you see now, in retrospect, this is most certainly 100% "a BlackBerry problem", simply because it is being experienced by a number of users of BlackBerry 10 smartphones. That's all there is to it, Bla1ze.

I wish CB would be a trifle bit more supportive to issues like this and push BlackBerry to at least investigate further by posting something on the blogs about this. Think about how blasted long it took for CB to make any mention of the random reboots...it is plausible that if more noise was made sooner, a fix would have come quicker.

Just saying...because making noise seems to be the next best course of action since the issue is getting out of control and affecting service reliability which is a major issue as far as I'm concerned.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    11-22-13 08:35 PM
    Hmm... On my phone it was fixed with 10.2.0.424 (now I have 429 and it still works). Not sure about anything now.
    I did the official update to 10.2.0.429 on Friday and then back at work today my Gmail accounts more often than not show "not connected"...so inconvenient and there seems to be no resolution. I guess I can only hope that 10.2.1 is the answer.
    11-25-13 03:49 PM
    I get this issue with some gmail accounts in Outlook on Windows 7. Apparently it can occur if you have multiple apps signed in to the same account at once.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 01:05 AM
    I have had this issue recurring for both my Gmail and yahoo email account on a bi weekly basis for about 4 months now. I live in sydney and have this problem. I also had the same problem when I was in Indonesia and using my z10 there....i agree it would be helpful if they could fix it....

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 03:08 AM
    Roaming maybe? change of IP address.. like once you are logged in from Mexico and second day from China or something
    11-26-13 04:57 AM
    I have had this issue recurring for both my Gmail and yahoo email account on a bi weekly basis for about 4 months now. I live in sydney and have this problem. I also had the same problem when I was in Indonesia and using my z10 there....i agree it would be helpful if they could fix it....

Posted via CB10
    An aquaintance of mine is now testing 10.2.1.xxxx, so far he didn't notice any of those random disconnects. Only in cases when you're out of reach for long period of time. But it will take some time to confirm. And of course wait for that OS to become official. For those of you who cannot wait, you can always try leaked os.
    At least we can find comfort in fact that BB is noticing this problems and doing something to fix it.
    11-27-13 07:17 PM
    I haven't had this issue once since 10.2, but I did on 10.1

Posted Via CB10 - Q10SQN100-1/10.2.0.1803
    11-27-13 07:41 PM
40 12