You can still do this, when setting an event on the calendar just set the reminder to AT START and for repeat if this is a daily reminder then just set it that way
Originally Posted by svjones
I never edit anything using the stock file manager so i am not sure what was there that it is no more, i believe some third party file management apps would be able to do this, hide and unhide files, in regards of the hiding apps icons i just do not miss it at all, you can still create apps folders though
2. "Files" Management
- In the old BB OS I was able to edit a file more so than you can with BB10. I liked being able to hide files, hide folders and hide apps, for instance. Hiding apps I don't use very often but I may want to use one day, for instance Smart Tags or Print ToGo, helped me keep the clutter out of my phone. I use to make folders for apps that I never used like my e-mail accounts, text messages app or apps I wont use. Hiding files I don't want people to start sifting through important work documents but are still important for me to access on the go was important to me and once I got home, I could transfer it safely to my computer and unhide the file(s).
You do not need to check for service books and browser push anymore since we are no longer using BIS, the reason why you had those in legacy devices because some services were enabled this way trough the NOC, default services you still have them, for email and calendar go to settings>>accounts>>and the bottom hit "set defaults", in the calendar swipe from top down>>settings>>meeting invitations settings.
4. More Settings
- Being able to view Device Settings and Advanced System Settings in particular. I understand some of the settings from Device is now separated elsewhere but some of the settings I just can't find. Also, Advanced System Settings - Being able to go into View/ Delete Service Book's, Browser Push settings
, Default Services and the like. I want to be able to feel like I can have some advanced settings as a whole oppose to being locked out and using the basic settings like other phones.
2. click the 4 horizontal lines, on any screen and this will take you straight to the hub, i know is not an icon but is something right?
Originally Posted by chrysaurora
3. While I agree with you here i believe is just a matter of getting used to it, it was the same dilemma when they moved from the trackball to the trackpad
4. some apps offer the view for the status bar, the notifications i think that is the whole peek idea to avoid some clutter at the top bar, once again i believe is just a matter of getting used to
I agree with the bedside mode situation and i believe is going to be fixed in software updates, the social feeds app i doubt it will come back as we knew it
Originally Posted by just_luc
Yes there is push email still, unless of course your email provider does not support it, but as far as i can tell you gmail is push email to receive and send, two way sync is a bit choppy as has always been with legacy devices
Originally Posted by ralfyguy
As far as i know no mobile platform allows dlna to work this way, i might be wrong though but i do not think that is the case, legacy devices worked just the same as BB10
Originally Posted by chrysaurora
Already replied to this two
- EMAIL icon (swiping gesture to get to Hub is a great shortcut, but there should be an EMAIL icon!) Calendar Alarms and Multiple Alarms
- need to be able to set multiple alarms
I am confused with this one, you mean to retrieve email for more then 30 days on first sync or to keep them on device for more then 30 days after receiving those, because if i recall correctly on legacy devices you could not retrieve past emails on first sync, at least not on BIS, once again if I'm wrong correct me please
- Ability to store emails for more than 30
You will have to set the delete setting on the server, for instance on gmail if you did not changed it, emails deleted on device are archived which means you can still get then in the all mail folder, i believe all services give you this option to be set up when retrieving email via any client, as for the delays on emails, it seems to be a gmail issue, i have two accounts and i am getting emails instantaneously in one and delayed in the other
- Option to delete
from device, server, both
- Improved push
(gmail emails seem delayed, probably a gmail issue but BB should figure out a workaround to make it instant)
Settings>>language and imput>>automated assistance>> is the first option at the top of the screen
Originally Posted by aaalisha3