In a lot of threads in Crackberry, many users in their attempts trying to defend BlackBerry are belittling apps. The real truth is most of us would love to see apps come to BB10 in plenty.

The guys who say BB is a communication device and there is no need for apps fail to understand that, all phones are primarily designed for that. You dont see a Android user or iOS user complain about the communication capabilities on their phones. So why boast about it. We do have our advantages over the others by many unique features that come to us with BB10 and there is just one disadvantage - lack of apps. The apps will do no harm to us. It will only bring us a better experience. I or you may not need it. But there may be more than 80% of smartphone users who would feel apps are essential for a smartphone and I will decide what to buy based on the fact if the apps I need exist on the platform. The success of BB will not be measured if me or you buy 5 or 10 BlackBerries. The success will come when BlackBerry reaches out to a wider audience. The fact reamins that a major factor while zeroing in on phones is the app support. This is one of the major reasons why BlackBerry or Windows phone are finding it difficult. Sideloading is a workaround. Remember, I bought a BlackBerry and not an Android for a reason and I want to enjoy the native experience.

There may be many developers out there who are continuously looking for new platforms for their apps. Imagine them coming to CrackBerry forums for a preliminary survey for analyzing the demand for their apps. What feedback are they going to take back with them. The BB boys are more than satisfied with their excellent communication devices and don't really feel any need for apps. Why waste time developing for such a platform where my app won't sell and get me any money.

This attitude is a no go. Lets accept the fact if we dont have any app. Further this by politely sending your requests to the developers whenever you can. This will generate developer interest in the platform and we may see more apps coming.

This is not an appeal to BlackBerry nor their criticism to bring us apps. I know they are trying their best. This is an appeal to the defensive Crackberrians to realize the truth and a message to the developers - We also love apps and look forward to the additions in the BB World.

As for trolls, just look at them as people who are jealous of your awesome devices. You are doing no good to yourself or BlackBerry by trying to make them understand as they have taken up this job of trolling the forums and whatever you say will only add fuel to the fire.
    kbz1960 and Renaudo Waite1 like this.
    06-26-13 03:42 PM
    that is not it at all. People are just tired of seeing multiple posts by people about the same missing app and blaming blackberry for it. We are well aware of the needs for apps. There comes a point though where people are just looking to get a reaction. The threads are already there. We just do not need 250 threads on Where is Instagram
    06-26-13 03:46 PM
    THIS POST IS EFFING LONG AS HEEEELLLLLL BRUH

TL;DR : Not enough apps; accept the fact; don't say it's a business only device and we don't need apps; apps are important; we need apps yo

Haven't seen this thread or any post like this before! Oh MAN this is some REVOLUTIONARY stuff!

Opened my eyes man I SEE THE LIGHT
    oaknut john likes this.
    06-26-13 03:49 PM
    There are two categories who keep creating new threads for apps like Instagram. The first ones are the lazy ones who dont want to put in any effort looking out. It is upto you if you want to help them or not. Someone out there will help them.

The second category is the trolls who come out clear with the distasteful tones for BlackBerry. These threads should be ignored. It is unfortunate that these threads are the ones always trending. Remember, it is we fans who keep the trolls trending. They are parasites preying on your frustration only to increase your frustration further. Drop your frustrations and they will die out. But I will agree that it is sometimes fun going heads up with the trolls and chasing them out of a thread only to find them on another thread soon after. So did I achieve anything. Yes - I allowed hime to bring another troll thread to trend. Who lost. the troll won.

that is not it at all. People are just tired of seeing multiple posts by people about the same missing app and blaming blackberry for it. We are well aware of the needs for apps. There comes a point though where people are just looking to get a reaction. The threads are already there. We just do not need 250 threads on Where is Instagram
    06-26-13 03:58 PM
    THIS POST IS EFFING LONG AS HEEEELLLLLL BRUH
    And yet you read it.
    06-26-13 04:02 PM
    I'm one of those ones who stand by the fact BlackBerry devices are business communication devices. However that said, I've also said I understand the need for apps for the platform to survive, since the sad state of today is that apps, not technology rule our lives. I've even gone as far as sideloading IG again today just to submit feedback, to help with this cause.

Do I personally think it's needed? No, no app is needed to make life complete. Do I want to see BlackBerry survive? Yes, it's the downside to a Catch 22 situation.

And just a FYI, this post is no better than the multiple of hundreds of posts claiming they want App X on the platform.

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1
    Renaudo Waite1 likes this.
    06-26-13 07:59 PM
    I need a solid fart app.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.2354)
    06-26-13 08:00 PM
    I'm one of those ones who stand by the fact BlackBerry devices are business communication devices. However that said, I've also said I understand the need for apps for the platform to survive, since the sad state of today is that apps, not technology rule our lives. I've even gone as far as sideloading IG again today just to submit feedback, to help with this cause.

Do I personally think it's needed? No, no app is needed to make life complete. Do I want to see BlackBerry survive? Yes, it's the downside to a Catch 22 situation.

And just a FYI, this post is no better than the multiple of hundreds of posts claiming they want App X on the platform.

Posted via my Q10 SQN100-1

I myself am not a user of many apps and don't use Instagram in spite of sideloading . But there are a number of people who want apps and I can't be foolish to say BlackBerry doesn't need apps for its survival. It is the attitude of many people trying to defend BlackBerry that bothers me.

"If a user complains about the lack of an app, he turns out to be loser because as a business device, BlackBerry doesn't need that app". This is turning your back to the reality and at the same time providing bad feedback to the developers.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-26-13 09:41 PM