I don't know what's all this commotion about.
    Do you realize we have everything?
    What is everything?

First, we have unique integration of all notifications. Our hub. No one has it, we do. Every notification in one swipe.

Second, we have dual os. Android and BB10, and we have best from both of them, android apps and BlackBerry ui and swipes. Sure, there is no every single one app that works, but it works. Imagine the life of BlackBerry user without ART.

Third, look how fine our devices looks. Solid, modern and slick. We have that for past 4 years (bb10 devices).

Fourth, this is a business productive devices, main purpose is getting things done, not for watching movies and playing games. Early on, I posted a thread how would I like to play Vainglory and Wot on my BlackBerry Z30. I realised that I have android tablet for that. Tablet is made for fun, nothing else. These on the other hand, is made for you being productive. At least I am. With Facebook gonne away, now I check my feeds once a day, I don't care about notification, just messages, so I installed Messenger for android. And it works. Battery? It's going down in accordance to my usage, nothing more.

Be BlackBerry users, not android freaks that needs to have every single app out there. If you can aford it, buy a android tablet or iPad, those things are for fun, not BlackBerry.

My BlackBerry will be next to me till servers go down.

I am BlackBerry user, and will be, I hope, long time more...

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 05:55 PM
    Dude, shave your chest!

BlackBerry Passport Sliver Edition
    Rude!

OP - I agree

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    pat-wallace and needforbbx like this.
    03-27-16 08:25 PM
    We have no market, rest we have everything! We also also have Chen unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 09:14 PM
    0.2% market share. That's what the commotion is all about.

*ME173X
    03-27-16 10:50 PM
    But but... muh snapchat

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-27-16 11:25 PM
    This market share is their fault with limited numbers of production for EU. Guys, until three years ago, do you believe we couldn't buy BlackBerry device in store? Just used ones and those were from police department or other state department.

Now, in stores, every single one iv been, not a single salesman knows that this devices can run android apps. So yeah, no marketing and knowledge at all.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    03-28-16 03:21 AM
    The problem is shops are not interested in BlackBerry as their not as popular or sell as well as Android or iPhones. As an experiment I went into several phone shops to ask about BlackBerry but most said the don't touch them and 1 shop actually said BlackBerry was dead and didn't make phones anymore, that was when the Passport released.

Posted via CB10
    Rick19812 likes this.
    03-28-16 03:43 AM
    Which version of messenger?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 06:34 AM
    as the OP pointed out, Blackberry is for productivity to get things done as a tool and that's dead right, not many people need special tools, but the few that do, well they use it.
    All the other mobiles sold in high-street shops for the public are for entertainment and destruction for wasting time with a lot of bling that attracts the mass of customers as it meant to be to keep this mainstream people entertained, not getting things done that matters much.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-28-16 07:09 AM
    Thing is, we're a minority. How many people here own 2+ BlackBerrys? Quite a few, I should imagine. A lot of us are die-hards and fanatics, and the more people that migrate from BB10, the higher the concentration of hard core fanatics will comprise the BB10 user base.

We are basically the Betamax of the mobile phone world. We know our platform is better, but so what? Nobody uses it and as time goes on, Windows and Android and iOS will all catch up and surpass it in almost every way. And I will probably still be using a Blackberry, because I like the keyboard and am used to it.

- In five years time, this forum will resemble the Blackberry OS forum (go check it out).

- In ten years time, the blackberry owners BBM channel (if BBM still exists) will be a cult along the lines of an Apple 1 or Amiga owners club.

- In 50 years time, Unified People's Technology (The world's biggest company - a merger of Huawei and Microsoft, owned by the Chinese government) will release a 'homage' Blackberry device that looks like the Classic but runs the latest version of Windows (Windows 10.9.9.9.74156). It will achieve moderate success in Southeast Asia, but sale will be forbidden in the US by Google Government, Inc, who bought a 51 % stake in the government initially to help sell self driving cars in the 2020's.

Many of us will buy an imported one off eBay, inadvertently join the Communist Party by accepting the EULA, and end up before a Special Tribunal at the Court of Patriotism. Many will be hanged, following a history check, for unpatriotic things that were said on this forum in the 2010's. Those who are not hanged will be deported to China - where they will then be hanged, after an initial interview, for having "Un Chinese" thoughts.

Following the hangings, all Crackberry users will be declared potential terrorists and will have to go into hiding. Some will make it to India, where they will be given asylum by decree of the 15th Dalai Lama, Emperor of Afro-Indian Empire, on the condition that they renounce their allegiance to the "BlackBerry" terrorist organisation.

These people will be allowed to live out their lives in a remote mountainous region, but will be forbidden from using electricity and electronic communications devices of any kind. Most of the settlers will commit suicide within days due to internet withdrawal, but the remaining few will go on to settle the BlackBerry tribe - a tribe whose religion and folklore will be based on the BlackBerry 10 OS, with it's sacred text being a printed copy of the source code. Blackberry devices will be smuggled in, and kept in secret.

After many generations, the tribe and their doctrine will have succeeded in spreading it's message throughout many continents. The original Blackberry handsets will be considered religious icons, possession of which imbues the holder with social status, with possession of different handsets and combinations of handsets giving rise to different social strata. Blackberry collectors will become the high priests of the religious order, and those who do not possess a handset will be considered untouchables. Those who are engaged in understanding and deciphering the source code will be considered prophets - magical beings with knowledge of the divine.

A new dark age will descend upon the world - with all technology considered 'inferior' to the BlackBerry being forbidden on pain of death. As the existing supply of BlackBerry handsets, relics of the 2010s, become increasingly rarer, and with the ability to manufacture them having since been lost, access to a mobile device becomes an elite privilege with the lower classes being given different coloured rocks to denote their social status.

After many years, the Council of Code Readers - elite members of the ruling World Government - will finally have finished deciphering the source code, and will have reverse engineered the original Blackberry signing key, something which had been long lost to the ages.

The world's now tiny population of a few million, survivors of the brutal Passport v Classic wars, will be marshalled into a worldwide manufacturing effort - mines will be built for raw materials, power stations commissioned to provide power to factories, and an army of app coders will be assembled and trained by the Council of Readers. Many millions more will die, as labour and resources are taken away from agriculture and medicine for the great manufacturing effort.

Thus, in AD 2496 - the Year of the Berry, BBOS 10.4 will be made available, and the Classic II and Passport II will be released.

Posted via CB10
    awus, 93Aero, valer466 and 18 others like this.
    03-28-16 09:05 AM
    Thing is, we're a minority. How many people here own 2+ BlackBerrys? Quite a few, I should imagine. A lot of us are die-hards and fanatics, and the more people that migrate from BB10, the higher the concentration of hard core fanatics will comprise the BB10 user base.

We are basically the Betamax of the mobile phone world. We know our platform is better, but so what? Nobody uses it and as time goes on, Windows and Android and iOS will all catch up and surpass it in almost every way. And I will probably still be using a Blackberry, because I like the keyboard and am used to it.

- In five years time, this forum will resemble the Blackberry OS forum (go check it out).

- In ten years time, the blackberry owners BBM channel (if BBM still exists) will be a cult along the lines of an Apple 1 or Amiga owners club.

- In 50 years time, Unified People's Technology (The world's biggest company - a merger of Huawei and Microsoft, owned by the Chinese government) will release a 'homage' Blackberry device that looks like the Classic but runs the latest version of Windows (Windows 10.9.9.9.74156). It will achieve moderate success in Southeast Asia, but sale will be forbidden in the US by Google Government, Inc, who bought a 51 % stake in the government initially to help sell self driving cars in the 2020's.

Many of us will buy an imported one off eBay, inadvertently join the Communist Party by accepting the EULA, and end up before a Special Tribunal at the Court of Patriotism. Many will be hanged, following a history check, for unpatriotic things that were said on this forum in the 2010's. Those who are not hanged will be deported to China - where they will then be hanged, after an initial interview, for having "Un Chinese" thoughts.

Following the hangings, all Crackberry users will be declared potential terrorists and will have to go into hiding. Some will make it to India, where they will be given asylum by decree of the 15th Dalai Lama, Emperor of Afro-Indian Empire, on the condition that they renounce their allegiance to the "BlackBerry" terrorist organisation.

These people will be allowed to live out their lives in a remote mountainous region, but will be forbidden from using electricity and electronic communications devices of any kind. Most of the settlers will commit suicide within days due to internet withdrawal, but the remaining few will go on to settle the BlackBerry tribe - a tribe whose religion and folklore will be based on the BlackBerry 10 OS, with it's sacred text being a printed copy of the source code. Blackberry devices will be smuggled in, and kept in secret.

After many generations, the tribe and their doctrine will have succeeded in spreading it's message throughout many continents. The original Blackberry handsets will be considered religious icons, possession of which imbues the holder with social status, with possession of different handsets and combinations of handsets giving rise to different social strata. Blackberry collectors will become the high priests of the religious order, and those who do not possess a handset will be considered untouchables. Those who are engaged in understanding and deciphering the source code will be considered prophets - magical beings with knowledge of the divine.

A new dark age will descend upon the world - with all technology considered 'inferior' to the BlackBerry being forbidden on pain of death. As the existing supply of BlackBerry handsets, relics of the 2010s, become increasingly rarer, and with the ability to manufacture them having since been lost, access to a mobile device becomes an elite privilege with the lower classes being given different coloured rocks to denote their social status.

After many years, the Council of Code Readers - elite members of the ruling World Government - will finally have finished deciphering the source code, and will have reverse engineered the original Blackberry signing key, something which had been long lost to the ages.

The world's now tiny population of a few million, survivors of the brutal Passport v Classic wars, will be marshalled into a worldwide manufacturing effort - mines will be built for raw materials, power stations commissioned to provide power to factories, and an army of app coders will be assembled and trained by the Council of Readers. Many millions more will die, as labour and resources are taken away from agriculture and medicine for the great manufacturing effort.

Thus, in AD 2496 - the Year of the Berry, BBOS 10.4 will be made available, and the Classic II and Passport II will be released.

Posted via CB10
    Ahahahahah
    This is too good!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    I want your drugs

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-28-16 09:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahaha... Sir, you have thanks, it's been a while since I laughed that much reading a forum thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 09:56 AM
    Yeah but... we need an updated z30 with modern specs for my sales people... even a slider like the Priv but tuning bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 10:17 AM
    The low market share is directly due to the fact there was no high end flagship that was available for purchase. The z30 as great as it was had a low resolution screen, 16gb of flash instead of 32gb, no band 2 LTE and was offered for sale by verizon only.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 10:20 AM
    The low market share is directly due to the fact there was no high end flagship that was available for purchase. The z30 as great as it was had a low resolution screen, 16gb of flash instead of 32gb, no band 2 LTE and was offered for sale by verizon only.

Posted via CB10
    The limited release of the Z30 might have hurt BlackBerry by a few hundred thousand units. Not having a upgraded all touch the year following might have hurt BB10 sales by as much as a million devices.

But you're living in a dream world if you think this would have made any real difference in marketshare or the future of BB10.
    Troy Tiscareno, JeepBB and Witmen like this.
    03-28-16 11:02 AM

Posted via CB10
    The low market share of BB10 is directly due to the fact that Android and iOS still exist. The majority of the world's population is perfectly content with using a phone that runs one of those two platforms.

The claim that a high end full touch BB10 device would have saved BB10 is completely idiotic. Just look at the Nokia Lumia 950 and 950 XL. Those are two very high-end Windows phones. Did they suddenly make Windows phone a successful platform? Nope. Windows Phone is still a failure. Not as big of one as BB10 is, but a failure all the same.

If high-end full touch devices can't turn things around for Microsoft, why would anyone believe they would for BlackBerry?
    03-28-16 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Aayahuasca?

Posted via CB10
    Meenix likes this.
    03-28-16 12:22 PM
    We just need aaaaaapps. Nothing else. I wish there was some group of guys that would like to work on developing of BlackBerry apps, but to be paid, not to develop paid apps.
    Imagine this: 5 guys, 5000euros paychek, and I dont think it would be difficult to WE pay them! It's a 25k per month! 1 euro from 25000 people, for god sake, just to donate 1 euro per month...

Sorry, its manager die hard BlackBerry fan talking in me....

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:22 PM
    Agree with the OP.

Also, in some circumstances my Passport and my Z10 are great devices in playing games and videos. I prefer the Passport, I use my Z10 when I watch some movies with the Google Cardboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:25 PM
    Umm.... I don't think BB10 is compatible with android's FB Messenger. I've tried to install it on my Passport and it stuck at the blue signing page. Over and over.
    03-28-16 03:07 PM
    We just need aaaaaapps. Nothing else. I wish there was some group of guys that would like to work on developing of BlackBerry apps, but to be paid, not to develop paid apps.
    Imagine this: 5 guys, 5000euros paychek, and I dont think it would be difficult to WE pay them! It's a 25k per month! 1 euro from 25000 people, for god sake, just to donate 1 euro per month...

Sorry, its manager die hard BlackBerry fan talking in me....

Posted via CB10
    You should visit the mobile app group in a major bank or a major social media site or a place like eBay. You will find far more than 5 developers, and they cost far more than 5k Euros.

Plus even if the community paid for 50 developers at 15k euros, they wouldn't have the APIs they need to make the fully functional apps that most users around the world actually want.
    03-28-16 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahahhahaahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah hhahahahhauauauauahaahahahhhhaahahahahhaahahahahha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahh ahahahahaha

Z30 STA100-5/10.3.2.2876/CB10
    03-28-16 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nice!
    03-28-16 04:45 PM
    Umm.... I don't think BB10 is compatible with android's FB Messenger. I've tried to install it on my Passport and it stuck at the blue signing page. Over and over.
    Yes it works, version 25. Smooth...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 04:45 PM
45 12