wait..okay it says nothing about people who havent registered. would it be possible to just show up?
    01-24-13 11:56 PM
    wait..okay it says nothing about people who havent registered. would it be possible to just show up?
    Show up, you will be fine, it's a common area on the main floor. I would be be there at 9:30am latest, just in case it gets crowded,lol.

They will have big screen hdtv's feeding live from NY I would imagine as that's where Thor will present from.
    01-25-13 01:12 AM
    Ohhhh I am very tempted to go
    01-25-13 05:05 AM
    even in the toronto one? I go to school downtown where they are going to have it. It would be perfect...
    01-25-13 08:06 AM
    I emailed RIM to see if I could get an invite to one of the shows. It was worth a shot lol.

Anyway here is what I got as a reply.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in BlackBerry 10. Our launch event on January 30 is by invitation only. Closer to the event we will be publishing a link where you will be able to view a live stream of the events online.

Again, we appreciate your interest and encourage you to log in to our event.

The BlackBerry Experience Launch Event Team
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Double_J75; 01-25-13 at 10:16 AM.
    01-25-13 08:17 AM
    Apple has never webcasted one of their events. Could you imagine the strain on their servers? As someone mentioned before, RIM's video feed would end up being choppy, etc. RIM wouldn't want that.
    01-25-13 08:00 PM
    Apple has never webcasted one of their events. Could you imagine the strain on their servers? As someone mentioned before, RIM's video feed would end up being choppy, etc. RIM wouldn't want that.
    Don't you think all the launch event cities are going to be connected? connectivity is part of the BB DNA. I am not a technician but it seems to me it will be a simultaneous event and if those cities are connected, why not live stream it to everyone?
    01-25-13 08:14 PM
    That the launch event itself, you won't get in there without an official invite. The one in Kitchener,Ontario is not an official launch event like Toronto, NY etc , it's a live hdtv feed from the live event. Mostly it will be local business etc. But yeah if RIM now will have a livestream all the better, I didn't think they would go that route unless it's top notch quality feed. I'm sure the viewers will be huge, hope there is tons of bandwidth,lol.

I emailed RIM to see if I could get an invite to one of the shows. It was worth a shot lol.

Anyway here is what I got as a reply.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in BlackBerry 10. Our launch event on January 30 is by invitation only. Closer to the event we will be publishing a link where you will be able to view a live stream of the events online.

Again, we appreciate your interest and encourage you to log in to our event.

The BlackBerry Experience Launch Event Team
    [email protected]
    01-25-13 09:58 PM
    I've watched UFC events, NHL, NFL, etc, on streamed feeds. This will be an easy accomplishment. I watched the WP8 feed a few months ago so this shouldn't be any different.
    01-25-13 11:35 PM
    Thanks for this post, I have been looking for live stream info!! Sweet!
    01-25-13 11:46 PM
    Awesome! Looking forward to a live stream!
    01-26-13 06:09 PM
    I will likely be going. Wonder if we can get some free swag
    01-27-13 08:06 AM
    Then come Wednesday I think you're going to find all heck will be break loose. Seriously. You should just plan on calling in sick and hanging out on CrackBerry. It's a day in BlackBerry history you'll want to be part of. There should be a live stream of the launch event, but we'll be live blogging as well and tossing up posts throughout the day. We're hoping for some big announcements and surprises at the launch in addition to seeing BlackBerry 10 get unveiled.
    01-28-13 06:36 AM
    Just Called Communitech, your supposed to pre-register with them (Communitech not rim) to attend that streaming launch. they will be streaming and i believe there will be show in tell after (: , Just registered for me and my business partner! This is one day where i am definitely proud to live in Waterloo!
    01-28-13 08:48 AM
    I called Communitech this morning and they said we were supposed to register with RIM? Is anyone else going to try and just walk in?
    01-30-13 07:49 AM
    Well, as I feared, work got busy and not going to be able to make it over.... buuuuuttt..... got 2 screens dedicated and pointed at me so I won't miss a minute
    01-30-13 09:02 AM
    Who went to this event, and did you pick up any free goodies?
    01-30-13 01:31 PM
42 12