We've all bi*ched about the way BB10 vibrates, versus BBOS, and it looks like, even on 10.2.1.xxx they're not changing it. So, here's a quick and easy way to get your phone to vibrate like BBOS used to, well, kind of. You still can't customize number of vibrations, and lengths, but at least When You Put The Phone On Vibrate, Regardless Of Whether Or Not That App or Email Account Makes A Sound On The Normal Profile, It Will At Least Vibrate Once When Simply Setting To Vibrate!!

[rant over]

Simply download this empty mp4 file, and put it in your Blackberry music folder on the device. Then, go into each account/app that you want to vibrate when on vibrate mode (aka the apps that don't make sounds, but just flash the LED), and browse for this silent mp4 file as the "sound" it makes.

Then, when you swipe down and hit vibrate, you will at least be notified when emails come in (for those of us whose BB only make sounds for Calendar reminders, and Phone Calls).

Again, not a perfect solution, and by no means does it make up for the disaster that is BB10 notifications, or replace the Vibrate in Holster profile (RIP), but it does at least provide you with notifications when you simply want the damn thing to vibrate no matter what.

LINK TO EMPTY MP4 FILE - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qt069qey2...%20vibrate.m4a
    ArtilesGabriel likes this.
    01-09-14 07:11 PM
    We've all bi*ched about the way BB10 vibrates, versus BBOS, and it looks like, even on 10.2.1.xxx they're not changing it. So, here's a quick and easy way to get your phone to vibrate like BBOS used to, well, kind of. You still can't customize number of vibrations, and....
    Not sure if this is what you're talking about but I have it in 10.2.1.

Want your BB10 to vibrate like BBOS?  Easy workaround.-img_20140109_212301.png

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-09-14 09:24 PM
    Not really, I'm talking about a situation where your above settings didn't make ANY sound at all on ANY profiles. If that were the case, if I put it on vibrate, it wouldn't vibrate, because it doesn't make another alert in Normal mode. Hope that makes sense. This fix is only for alerts that DO NOT make any sound in Normal, that you want to vibrate in Vibrate mode

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but I have it in 10.2.1.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140109_212301.png 
Views:	825 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	237432

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-09-14 09:41 PM
    Not really, I'm talking about a situation where your above settings didn't make ANY sound at all on ANY profiles. If that were the case, if I put it on vibrate, it wouldn't vibrate, because it doesn't make another alert in Normal mode. Hope that makes sense. This fix is only for alerts that DO NOT make any sound in Normal, that you want to vibrate in Vibrate mode
    My mistake

01-10-14 12:29 AM