BBERRY can support emojis if they want to, am I the only one who wants emoji's on BB10
    05-03-13 06:39 PM
    Yes.. .

Posted from my lackluster Z10
    05-03-13 07:06 PM
    I want them too.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-13 07:08 PM
    I feel like we just need to bring attention to it
    05-03-13 07:24 PM
    What do you called emojies?? And don't we got it already in BBM? Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 08:30 PM
    What do you called emojies?? And don't we got it already in BBM? Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    The emoticons. WhatsApp has them built in.

Want EMOJI support-uploadfromtaptalk1367634381844.jpg

Sent from my Z10
    Pegon_Fighter likes this.
    05-03-13 09:27 PM
    They are already there for everything but broadcast messages and email...

Want EMOJI support-img_00000011.png

Posted via CB10
    Stephen Green likes this.
    05-03-13 09:32 PM
    They are already there for everything but broadcast messages and email...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000011.png 
Views:	1723 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	157818

Posted via CB10
    Emoji are able to be viewed in Windows Phone 8 Windows 8, iOS, and Android 4. The ones in BlackBerry don't show up as icons when sent to other platforms, they show up as ";-)", ":-)", and ":-/", while emojis always look like themselves (icons.) there is also A LOT of Emoticons in Emoji. They're written in Unicode so Blackberry COULD support them

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    05-04-13 09:57 AM
    Ow yes so we could use them on twitter and all that for the rest of the world can see them too right? Would be great!!!

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-04-13 10:10 AM
    Don't worry, emoticon feature is in the BB10 roadmap, check Release road map - Cascades for BB 10 - BlackBerry Developer
    05-04-13 10:47 AM
    Don't worry, emoticon feature is in the BB10 roadmap, check Release road map - Cascades for BB 10 - BlackBerry Developer
    Oh great. Another classic bbry "Coming Soon" which ends up not being soon at all. *sigh*
    05-04-13 10:54 AM
    Oh great. Another classic bbry "Coming Soon" which ends up not being soon at all. *sigh*
    *Yawn.* It amazes me that people can't wait more than 2 months for tons of features on a new platform. People soon forget how long it took iOS to do basic stuff like copy/paste or even be able to send email attachments. It took a year before you could have 3rd party apps on it, FFS. But yeah, you waiting a couple of months for something as "important" as emoticons in email; tragedy. I hope you can recover.
    05-04-13 11:40 AM

That doesn't look like it has anything to do with global OS support for Emoji (which is a standardized translation of a bundle of Unicode characters into specified graphical images), just a method of allowing app developers to use their own custom set of emoticons if they wish.

What Blackberry should really do is just implement support for it in the core OS, so any other app can take advantage of it.

The only reason I personally care about it is that I can't even send a text emoticon to an iPhone user and have their device recognize it graphically like most phone platforms. Apple insists on ONLY supporting Emoji in order to render an actual graphical "smiley" in their native apps. Worse, when the iPhone people try to send me a 'smiley', I can't see anything, and there's no way for me to figure out what they sent at all, because the characters are invisible. If I send them a textual one, they have to mentally interpret it - which is fine for just a 'smiley' but for anything more complex than that, they have no idea what I'm trying to send them.
    05-05-13 12:47 AM
    Want EMOJI support-img_00000010.png

this is emoji?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 01:26 AM
    BBERRY can support emojis if they want to, am I the only one who wants emoji's on BB10
    So far. Yes.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-05-13 01:37 AM
    So far. Yes.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Older people don't care, but youngsters do.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-05-13 01:54 PM
    Older people don't care, but youngsters do.

Obviously trsbb didn't read post #'s 2,8,9,10,12 and 14.

I'm in my 50's, the person I would most likely use it with is in her 40's. So much for the age theory.
    05-05-13 02:51 PM
    I don't care about Emoji's because I want to use them, I just care because those black boxes on Twitter annoy me. But the OS 10.1 leak seems to have brought some Emoji improvements, so BlackBerry is likely working towards implementing them all.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 03:25 PM
    Forget asking for emoji support... Instead, ask for full implementation of Unicode Standard 6.0 (which contains the emoji characters). More people will probably find it odd that BB10 is one of the last modern smartphone OS's to not be 6.0 compatible compared to their interpretation of the usefulness of emoji alone.
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    05-10-13 10:58 AM
    He probably copied and pasted.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 11:21 AM
    Are you on 10.1? 10.1 shows some to an extent

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 01:11 PM
    how did you do that?
    get from my iphone:
    http://pastebin.com/mcRXNEA8

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:38 AM
    That doesn't look like it has anything to do with global OS support for Emoji (which is a standardized translation of a bundle of Unicode characters into specified graphical images), just a method of allowing app developers to use their own custom set of emoticons if they wish.

What Blackberry should really do is just implement support for it in the core OS, so any other app can take advantage of it.

The only reason I personally care about it is that I can't even send a text emoticon to an iPhone user and have their device recognize it graphically like most phone platforms. Apple insists on ONLY supporting Emoji in order to render an actual graphical "smiley" in their native apps. Worse, when the iPhone people try to send me a 'smiley', I can't see anything, and there's no way for me to figure out what they sent at all, because the characters are invisible. If I send them a textual one, they have to mentally interpret it - which is fine for just a 'smiley' but for anything more complex than that, they have no idea what I'm trying to send them.
    So is there no way to view the smileys that were sent to me as text from an iPhone? Any app that can show the text messages smileys from all other plattforms?

I want support too!
    07-08-13 06:20 AM
    So is there no way to view the smileys that were sent to me as text from an iPhone? Any app that can show the text messages smileys from all other plattforms?

I want support too!

As previously posted here, there appears to be at least limited support in OS 10.1.

Since I installed 10.1 on my Z10 yesterday, I haven't had time to do a proper test on that function, but it's in my to-do list.
    07-08-13 06:39 PM
    I do believe "full Emoji" support is coming with the final release of 10.2. Whether that includes being able to see them in their full glory (ie. Whatsapp) or just the black and white ugly things is yet to be seen.

I do hope they include the ability to send them as well though
    07-09-13 02:36 AM