Recently updated my Q10 to VZW .2976 (OTA)

When using the long press for "prior delete", I'm now seeing a popup that says mail will be deleted on handset but not the server. This never happened prior to the update.

I've set the options for deleting on handset and server within the mail options menu.

Selecting and deleting mail individually does remove items from server. But the "mass delete" option is now gone. Nothing has changed on the server side (1 BES, 2 IMAP accounts).

Anyone else having this issue? Or have I missed something?

Thanks.
    07-29-14 06:21 PM
    Seems to be a feature.

Probably there for safety. Do you really want to delete everything from all accounts back to the start of time?

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 03:43 PM
    It's not that I want delete all mail from the servers, just those appearing within the Hub.

Perhaps you're right. The popup warning seems be to a new "feature", but I'm not sure it should override the settings within the account for delete on handset and server.

I'm trying a wipe and reinstall, since this just began after the OTA Verizon update.
    07-30-14 06:39 PM
    It's not that I want delete all mail from the servers, just those appearing within the Hub.

Perhaps you're right. The popup warning seems be to a new "feature", but I'm not sure it should override the settings within the account for delete on handset and server.

I'm trying a wipe and reinstall, since this just began after the OTA Verizon update.
    I don't disagree with you. On the other hand there was a thread warning people not to use it from the priority hub because it deleted email the wasn't in the priorty hub. So there does seem to be a disconnect between what developers consider "Delete Prior" (all before the selected date) and what some (maybe most) users consider "Delte Prior" (all displayed below this point in the list). When you get such different views of things, it is prudent to pick one and be very specifica about what is going to happen before continuing.

As to TL;DR background. I can see two ways that this can be implemented. If you want to delete all visible messages you have to take a copy of that list (becuase step two could take a long time); then itterate through the list sending individual message delete commands to each appropriate server. On the other hand there may be a relatively efficient way to delete all messages older than a particular date/time. The latter would be attractive to programers.
    07-30-14 07:14 PM
    After considering your point regarding issuing a command to delete all prior messages, I can understand how a command to delete all prior could be interpreted to mean literally every message timestamped prior to a given date. Obviously, doing a complete backwards delete would create serious issues.

Yet, the settings within the Hub "Displays and Actions" menu (delete on handset and/or server ) at one point functioned only to server-side delete what was in the Hub at the time. This was convenient because I no longer had to open Outlook and repeat the process of manually deleting mail I'd already read or no longer needed.

For some reason, this functionality is now gone. Even if I set the Hub to "prompt", the same dialog box appears. Apparently the Verizon update did indeed break the submenu feature of controlling the handset/server email flags. At least for me, since I haven't read of anyone else on the boards complaining about it.

The wipe/install had no effect. So....I'll just have to manually select messages for deletion.

Not really a dealbreaker, but certainly a nuisance.
    07-31-14 06:12 AM
    Just a quick update...

Installed the 10.3 leak (700) and found the issue with email remaining on servers persists.

Oh well.
    08-01-14 04:34 PM
    This is such an annoying "feature". I don't understand why they removed the ability to delete prior on server as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 10:33 PM