- CrackBerry User
- 30 Posts
Voicemail for BB10 like Iphone's?
When I switched from iphone 5 to galaxy s3 I really, really missed the visual voicemail iphone had. Now that I've sold my S3 and am getting the Z10 I was hoping I could have this feature back. I can't find anything specific though. Does anyone know? I'll be with Telus but can easily switch if either Bell or Rogers has something.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-31-2013, 05:34 PM #2
- 991 Posts
If the Z10 supports it, Telus doesn't seem to have it. But the iPhone seems to be the only phone they offer with Visual Voicemail, rather annoyingly.Proud owner of black Z10 (10.1.0.1880 leak) on Telus, PlayBook 32GB (126.96.36.1996), and 100 shares of BBRY!
- CrackBerry Addict
01-31-2013, 05:41 PM #3
- 751 Posts
I think the iPhone is the only phone that supports it out of the box.
But it's possible your carrier can add that option in the future like they do with Android phones. I know my carrier (Verizon) has a visual voicemail app for previous BlackBerry and Android phones.
- 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM #12
all android and ios devices support this out of the box. with google voice on android it even shows your voicemails to you right in the call history, i hope this feature exists on bb10 as i'm eager to purchase a z10 in the US but the features i'll be losing moving from android are slowly piling up.
- 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM #13
>I think the iPhone is the only phone that supports it out of the box.
Windows Phone also support visual voicemail out the box. In the UK, the carriers only seem to enable it for iPhone (and not all of them!) Vodafone are doing it for iPhone soon, and WP after that. I've not heard of plans for BB yet. Probably costs carriers infrastructure.
- CrackBerry User
02-05-2013, 05:31 PM #15
- 35 Posts
Rogers told me today after i called them and they told me it was a minor (Major) Oversite and they will be added in a os update coming very soon. So for now No rogers visual voicemail. For anybody who has not used it on the os 7.1 it was fantastic better than iOS because it not only gave you the list of voice mails to listen too it also transcribed the voicemail to text and was super easy to forward or print. Lets hope it going to be simular to what it was like before.
- 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM #16
AT&T supports VVM out of the box on BB10 you just need to set it up
Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10Before BB10 = BIS sucks! - After BB10 = BIS is the greatest thing BlackBerry ever had
Before BB10 = BlackBerry OS sucks! - After BB10 = Bring back BBOS.
Why can't we make our minds up?
- 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM #17
i don't really know why a carrier needs to "support" it, it's not a feature that you need from your carrier to get working on android. it just forwards to your google voice number which is your voicemail and syncs with your phone. the functionality is identical, and more powerful than using something the carrier provides you with. been using it for years on android with tmobile and att, never had to deal with it as a feature from the carrier.
- 02-05-2013, 09:13 PM #18
2) those voice mails, and their transcriptions are available to any phone either through the GV app or by setting it to text/email you the transcription and voice clip.
3) As for integration with the dialer, that was a cool feature on my Nexus 4, but then again, that's Google integrating their own voicemail client with their phone.
4) The visual voicemail on the 9900 also transcribed the audio and was in the call list, so it was the exact same thing.
- By HartfordWhalers in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 11Last Post: 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM
- By BBStylo33 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 11Last Post: 05-24-2010, 06:28 PM
- By Techark in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 07-28-2009, 07:22 PM
- By kaywhyarestee in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-20-2009, 08:14 AM
- By plifebryan in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 03-24-2009, 04:23 PM