Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By mrmartis
  • 2 Post By hudsong
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Voice Calls in BB10

How do voice calls look in BB10? Does anybody have actual video/screenshots of voice calls in a Dev Alpha or London device? (Not concept videos)

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Voice Calls in BB10

Calling features are not currently active on the Dev Alpha units. Some people trying being able to accept a call if you have a Bluetooth headset connected, though.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    Calling features are not currently active on the Dev Alpha units. Some people trying being able to accept a call if you have a Bluetooth headset connected, though.
    Thanks.

Surely it must be on the L-series for those who have access to it? So far I haven't seen any leaks... It will NOT be funny if RIM releases a phone with no voice call... Definitely dwarf PlayBook's e-mail fiasco.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by VeGiTo View Post
    Thanks.

Surely it must be on the L-series for those who have access to it? So far I haven't seen any leaks... It will NOT be funny if RIM releases a phone with no voice call... Definitely dwarf PlayBook's e-mail fiasco.
    I may not work at BlackBerry, but I'm pretty sure you will be able to voice call.

I'll take a page from Kevin and say I will buy someone a car if it doesn't.

As my Dad would say, I'd bet my left nut.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I type like what I am saying is fact. It's probably not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

I would bet both. Lol they definitely will have voice calling. As for what it looks like I think it will be similar to the video they put out when they announced BlackBerry10
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I hope its like that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I type like what I am saying is fact. It's probably not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey, OP, I just went to a Blackberry Developer Group meeting in Toronto, ON last month and couple of guys from RIM's dev relations team was there. One guy had the latest version of BB10 on his Dev Alpha B device and he put his phone on the table during the networking. It rang and it was exactly like above video, phone call comes in the middle of screen, slide down to take the call, slide up to ignore, when you slide up, which is what he did, it changed the screen that looked like a couple of text message options he can send to the user. He quickly grabbed his phone when he saw we were looking so i couldn't see what the ignore features were LOL, so im not sure if the ignore call and send text option will be there on BB10, but the answer call by sliding up/down will be there.
    Thanked by 2:
    Qaxl (12-04-2012),  VeGiTo (12-04-2012) 
    gokulesh, VeGiTo and BrizzadMan like this.
    CrackBerry User

It's a phone. Of course it's going to have voice calling.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Wow, it's seriously gotten to this point, where people are wondering if the BB10 phones will be able to do voice calls?
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Wow, it's seriously gotten to this point, where people are wondering if the BB10 phones will be able to do voice calls?
    Funniest thing I have read all week LOL!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,972 Global Posts

Look at the Vietnamese video just put up showing off the L. He gets two calls while showing it off. Basically you have a slider that appears in the middle of the screen showing who is calling, then swipe down to answer, or swipe up to send to voicemail.
    CrackBerry Genius

So what happens if you keep the phone in your pocket and the phone rings? I keep mine in my pocket, face against me and top down. If I slide a BB10 phone out of my pocket, will it register the rubbing agaist my leg as a swipe up while I pull it out, and put the call to voice mail before I get it out of my pocket? Hopefully, the fabric will keep it from registering a touch.

Joel
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeldf View Post
    So what happens if you keep the phone in your pocket and the phone rings? I keep mine in my pocket, face against me and top down. If I slide a BB10 phone out of my pocket, will it register the rubbing agaist my leg as a swipe up while I pull it out, and put the call to voice mail before I get it out of my pocket? Hopefully, the fabric will keep it from registering a touch.
    They would probably also use the proximity sensor, in a similar way that it turns the screen off when you put the phone to your phone. They could just check if something is close and if so don't turn the screen on until it has moved. By then you would have it out of your pocket and looking at the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by big bb View Post
    They would probably also use the proximity sensor, in a similar way that it turns the screen off when you put the phone to your phone. They could just check if something is close and if so don't turn the screen on until it has moved. By then you would have it out of your pocket and looking at the screen.
    That would make sense.

Joel