I am an attorney who has a Storm 2 coming up for renewal in early 2013. My Verizon contract permits me to get a new phone now but I am planning to wait until the BB10 phones come out. However, I have seen the voice to text feature that is integrated into the email of iphone 4s and 5 and Android Jellybean. I cannot imagine getting a blackberry unless it has voice to text integrated into the email (not as a separate app). If bb 10 could have a feature where emails and texts could be read, that would be very nice, but it is not essential. I have tried to find out if bb10 will have voice to text capability but so far I have found out nothing. This is a dealbreaker. If bb10 won't be able to match this essential (for me) feature already provided by iphone 4s and 5 and Android Jellybean, then I will leave the blackberry community. Can anyone tell me if I can look forward to integrated v2t in BB 10?
    12-16-12 09:18 PM
    Hi! I can't confirm exactly what you are asking about but I just played a video on you tube that demoed voice commands on a bb10 Dev unit and sms texts seemed to be possible although the phone had no contacts on it so it wasn't demoed. It was showing how bb10 has Sirilike qualities and not voice to text in particular. check for youtube videos on bb 10, maybe you will get an answer that way. Cheers!
    attyberry likes this.
    12-16-12 09:40 PM
    You say voice 2 text but you what I think you mean is Text to Speech. Voice to text is already there baked into the OS. It's built right into the keyboard, just holding down the period key will open up voice to text. If thats what you wanted rest assured its there. Text to speech on the other hand will be limited, although we don't know as of right now. If you like the idea behind SIRI and want a talking app built into the phone, also rest assured its here already. https://twitter.com/BlackberryScoop/...87279536369664

No need to switch to android or iphone, Blackberry 10 will have it all.
    attyberry likes this.
    12-17-12 02:49 AM
    Voice to text will be there. I already have this feature on my current device the 9810. As the other poster mentioned you might be asking about text to speech.
    attyberry likes this.
    12-17-12 04:34 AM