I wonder when we will see a native port of VLC or some VLC based player. I have a mountain of old anime episodes I have backed up from fading VHS tapes that I want to watch lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:32 AM
    I can't wait for vlc as well...

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 12:36 AM
    can we sideload android port, will it work?
    03-16-13 12:46 AM
    Doesn't the built in player play all formats?

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:21 AM
    Eh, pretty much any side loaded video player will crash or not work or something of the sort and I have yet to find one that plays a video. The native built in player is pretty robust and plays a lot of .mkv files, depending on the codes used, but I've still run into the problem where a lot of anime .mkv files I try won't be playable.would be great if someone would develop a better native video player for us.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 05:02 AM
    Yeah. I watch so much anime. 150+ series now. I want mpc or vlc. I want subtitle support and stuff. And the option to switch from English dub to Japanese depending on the version of episode I get.
    qmishery likes this.
    03-16-13 05:13 AM
    I want this so badly, just any app that can okay almost any video format, there are si many of these apps on ios and android already, would be great to get one over to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 05:50 AM
    I hear you on the anime. From what I can tell, the default player lacks subtitle (.srt) support. VLC would be nice. Will have to check the sideload option in the meantime.
    qmishery likes this.
    03-16-13 06:00 AM
    Tried side loading some players and they crash and hang. Which is sucky to say the least. I have had the odd a nine episode work, usually the older .mkv files, but these are with single audio and hard encoded subs.

There needs to be a more robust movie player.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-13 07:17 AM
    Does anyone know if kalemsoft player works for subtitles.
    03-25-13 07:14 AM
    VLC is the worst player on Windows... I don't why would anyone use it on it. It's better on mobile?? And Can you read subs on a Z10 screen... I don't know how can anyone can watch a video on a smart phone.

I use the paid version of Zoom Player Max as my default player, I ditched that MPC HC... It's good, but the performance it's way more superior on the Zoom Player Max.
    03-25-13 07:34 AM
    VLC is the worst player on Windows... I don't why would anyone use it on it. It's better on mobile?? And Can you read subs on a Z10 screen... I don't know how can anyone can watch a video on a smart phone.

I use the paid version of Zoom Player Max as my default player, I ditched that MPC HC... It's good, but the performance it's way more superior on the Zoom Player Max.
    I use MPC on my laptop, and have on even crappy computers and dont know the issues you speak of.

Also, sometimes I am just out and away and want to watch one of my latest anime episodes to keep up to date. Or those dreaded 45 minute bus rides to school and back.
    03-25-13 07:46 AM

What planet do you live on where VLC is the worst player on Windows?? That's a ridiculous statement

Posted via CB10
    kingb71, Supa_Fly1 and qmishery like this.
    03-25-13 09:42 AM
    My problem with the built in video player is that regardless of format, audio and video get out of sync quickly and make videos unwatchable.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:45 AM
    I doubt its coming any time soon. They just finished a successful kickstarter effort to get VLC ported to metro for Windows 8. If they feel they need 10 of thousands of dollars for a Windows 8 version, what would the want for a BB version.
    03-25-13 10:14 AM
    Kalemsoft soft works. But you can't choose languages or subtitle languages
    03-25-13 01:22 PM

I tend to disagree. It play everything I throw at it and does it simply. What more can one ask? Sure its got some random keyboard shortcuts that I may happen to occasionally hit when I forget to click on the chat box/document that I intend to type on. VLC is far from the worst on Windows, I swear by it myself.
    03-25-13 01:33 PM
    KalemSoft just released their media player in AppWorld for $4.99. That is the alternate media player I use on my PB and it work great; including movies with srt files instead of hard subs.
    03-25-13 01:59 PM
    Kalemsoft soft works. But you can't choose languages or subtitle languages
    Please tap the "More" button and you can select language/subtitle tracks and even can add your own subtitles.

Regards,
    KalemSoft
    Last edited by kalemsoft; 03-25-13 at 02:59 PM.
    03-25-13 02:02 PM
    I actually just downloaded that KalemSoft media player. Works great with NO audio sync problems like the native player!!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 03:05 PM
    Lol VLC is the best player on Windows and Mac. First off it's free Secondly it plays every format under the sun...

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    03-25-13 04:07 PM
    I use MPC on my laptop, and have on even crappy computers and dont know the issues you speak of.

Also, sometimes I am just out and away and want to watch one of my latest anime episodes to keep up to date. Or those dreaded 45 minute bus rides to school and back.
    "Now now sonny-boy you should be reading and getting ahead of the pack by studying on the bus to and from school" lol. Sorry about that but If I was in school or had the chance to redo it I'd most DEFINITELY be studying like crazy - with music playing of course. I do this now every day in the subway so I'm on top of my IT game at work.

My problem with the built in video player is that regardless of format, audio and video get out of sync quickly and make videos unwatchable.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't happen with my videos ... I suspect the issue is with your content, not the core player that supports various codecs.
    03-25-13 07:15 PM
    You can output it to you big tv using hdmi cable. my dilemma is that I have a movie .mkv and it is in russian and english. VLC on PC allows you to actually choose the audio file. When putting onto flash drive, it uses the russian audio and no way to change it. So, VLC for BB would be great.
    04-24-13 01:41 PM