Just upgraded from a Q10 to a Classic.

The Q10 had become basically unusable. Slow, sluggish, and completely unable to text. Giving error messages whenever I tried texting.

I got a classic, I transferred everything over and put my memory card in. The first few days were fine, but now same issues. Big one being, unable to text, as soon as you open the text screen it freezes (not big text conversations that would be 'heavy'), you have to restart the phone, and when it starts back up, it gives you a message that text was interrupted by restart.

Any thoughts?

Is it a virus?

Is there a virus scan I can do?

How do I fix this?

It's on the latest 10.3 update OS.
    08-07-16 02:18 PM
    Just upgraded from a Q10 to a Classic.

The Q10 had become basically unusable. Slow, sluggish, and completely unable to text. Giving error messages whenever I tried texting.

I got a classic, I transferred everything over and put my memory card in. The first few days were fine, but now same issues. Big one being, unable to text, as soon as you open the text screen it freezes (not big text conversations that would be 'heavy'), you have to restart the phone, and when it starts back up, it gives you a message that text was interrupted by restart.

Any thoughts?

Is it a virus?

Is there a virus scan I can do?

How do I fix this?

It's on the latest 10.3 update OS.
    Its extremely unlikely to be a virus on a BB10 device, but nice drama.
    Someone will be along shortly to show you how to restore your device.
    I recommend skipping the security wipe as often fails to complete.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    08-07-16 02:30 PM
    Nice drama? I actually have no idea what message you are trying to convey.

I realize a virus is extremely unlikely, which is why I am confused.... because the problem went from old phone to new phone.

And I know how to restore a phone, thank you very much. But the issue here is the problem transferred over.
    08-07-16 02:37 PM
    Nice drama? I actually have no idea what message you are trying to convey.

I realize a virus is extremely unlikely, which is why I am confused.... because the problem went from old phone to new phone.

And I know how to restore a phone, thank you very much. But the issue here is the problem transferred over.
    There are basically two things you can do at this point.

1. Restore with configuration.
    2. Restore without configuration.

I mentioned drama because of your choice of thread title. I think it was a pretty dramatic choice and even more so because you know that a virus is unlikely.

I recommend option 2, it's a right of passage for BB10 fans.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    08-07-16 02:53 PM
    Security wipe the phone. Regardless of how long it takes, do that first to guarantee that you have removed any erroneous code. Then set up the phone manually and painstakingly over the course of three days. Boom, you're done. That wasn't hard was it? Oh wait, it was. To minimise the pain, use one of the apps like firechest or backup pro or whatever to try to save any info you don't want to lose.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-08-16 10:55 AM