Can someone help with the following issue.

I have in camera setting 'save media on card' turned to on.

When I take a video with my Z30, it files the video in the Media Card/camera/ folder.

If I have it set to save the videos on my device they are saved in the Device/video folder.

I would have thought that saving to the media card would have been done in the Media Card/video folder ?

Regards

Trevor
    02-03-14 09:09 AM
    Mine is the same on Z10. Have not found a way to change that. Also before I switched it to media card it was saving videos in the camera folder too.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 09:14 AM
    It's always been that way, just move it to video folder if you want.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    02-03-14 10:08 AM
    Thanks for all of your replies.

Just wanted to make sure I had not got something set up wrong.

Regards

Trevor
    02-03-14 10:24 AM
    I think the way it works is that all pictures and videos taken with the phone's own cameras are stored in the "camera" folder, either on the device or the media card based on the setting you choose.

Screenshots are saved to device/camera regardless of the camera "save to" setting.

Downloaded pictures and videos are stored in the downloads folder.

Various apps that store pictures may store them in their own folders. This is especially true of the android apps.

The pictures app displays all photos and videos regardless of which folder they are in.

If you put a file named ".nomedia" in a folder, the photos and videos in that folder will kit appear in either the Pictures app or the Videos app.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:58 PM
    I have a different issue. For as long as I've had the Z10 I have stored camera pics/videos on my SD card, and everything has been working fine with all photos and videos going into the sd/camera folder. As stated above... all screen shots go to the device/camera folder, which I have grown accustomed to and is fine.

Today I took out the SD card while I did a backup. I then placed it back in and got the "media card inserted" pop up. When I opened the camera It asked if I wanted to save my photos and video to the media cads and I said yes. Whenever I take a photo, it does save it to the SD card, but when I go to preview it if I flick back to a previous photo it shows me instead images found in the device/camera folder (i.e. Screenshots). What's weird is that the little bar at the top shows the little sd card symbol and the number 1 of 2700+ (which corresponds to the number of images in the sdcard/camera folder).

Now when I open the photos app, sure enough, the camera album only shows screen shots.

I have tried hard reboot with and without the sd card, pulling it out taking an image and putting it back in, and several other combinations to no avail.

Anyone know of any way to "force" or "reset" what the device deems as the actual active 'camera' album?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 08:12 PM
    Hey Animal Pack,

If you're referring to the little preview window in the lower left corner of the camera app, when you tap that to view the last photo taken, it's not really going into the Pictures app. It is just previewing the most recent images on the phone, whether on the SD card or the phone's internal "device" memory. So that will show screenshots and some saved images from apps as well as recently edited versions of images.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 07:05 AM