My friend just did the OTA update on my Z10 on Verizon and now his browser has completely stopped working. No websites load, you can't click the bottom left button to view tabs, it just doesn't even respond. I'm trying to help him out but cannot figure out what's causing the problem. You are although able to get the overflow menu and go to settings etc. I tried everything possible and simply cannot get it working.

I backed up his data, security wiped the phone, it fixed it, but upon recovering the data it stopped working again. I can't lose all of his information, he is freaking out about it, so what is it that's causing it to break? Could it be the settings restore file? application data? I don't know what to do. I even tried sideloading the same bar file for the system browser and an older version, etc. It didn't solve anything.

Did the update break the browser for anyone else? Does anyone know what I can do to keep his data but get this fixed? This is absolutely killing me, please let me know if you have been able to figure anything out.
    01-25-14 01:55 AM
    Try side loading the browser bar only after the restore
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-bars-896769/
    01-25-14 04:33 AM
    Heck the update fixed my browser so go figure

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:48 AM
    Clear history and cache?
    01-25-14 05:01 AM
    Reboot via battery pull or volume key press

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-25-14 08:38 AM
    Appreciate the suggestions but those were all the first things I tried among him coming to me with the issue. I thought for sure at least one of them would work but didn't. It seems like something is corrupted on his device and it carries over to his backup file.. ugh why did this happen...

- Developer of 'Web Design Cheat Sheet' for BB10 (Posted via CB10)
    01-25-14 10:08 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Anybody have updates on how to restore the browser?
    01-28-14 09:16 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Anybody have updates on how to restore the browser?
    Unfortunate to hear, but glad to see that I'm not the ONLY one with this problem. Please update this thread if you figure out how to fix it and I will of course do the same. I'm searching for answers daily, hopefully BlackBerry knows of this issue!

01-28-14 09:22 PM
    Try downgrading the OS to the last working one, do a restore. Then in the browser clear cache and history etc. Backup again and install new OS. Restore.
    01-29-14 02:05 AM
    I am frustrated as hell. After the long wait for 10.2.1, I install the update and have not been able to get my browser to open since then. I have read the advice listed in various posts and tried it all. I even had a support representative try a software reload via Webex session and it failed at 98% the half dozen times we tried that. When I launch the browser, my default home page is Bing. While that is displayed at the bottom of the screen, the Site never loads. I'm able to access settings but nothing else. Meanwhile, my wife has a Z10 just like I do, but the update has not plagued her browser.

Any updates or other advice to restore functionality of the native browser? I can open apps, read Twitter headlines and such. But any attempt at opening a link to a webpage isn't working. Instead, I get a black screen that doesn't seem to be thinking about launching the browser.
    01-29-14 07:45 AM
    Someone posted a solution which restored their browser functionality here :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=898912

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    01-29-14 12:10 PM
    You know, I ended up trying every method to some degree. Can't say I turned off all network connections for a specified amount of time though. What worked? Clicking on a message that linked to a web page, making sure the blue progress/load appeared then leaving it be. Half an hour later I found the web page had opened and my browser functionality wad completely restored. I've performed a few restarts since then and the now the browser is always working properly. Like magic...hope it lasts...I was so angry

Posted via CB10
    Poz65 and abass like this.
    01-29-14 12:41 PM
    Hooray! :-D

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    01-29-14 12:47 PM
    Clicking a link to force browser to open worked!

Thanks!
    01-29-14 05:30 PM
    You know, I ended up trying every method to some degree. Can't say I turned off all network connections for a specified amount of time though. What worked? Clicking on a message that linked to a web page, making sure the blue progress/load appeared then leaving it be. Half an hour later I found the web page had opened and my browser functionality wad completely restored. I've performed a few restarts since then and the now the browser is always working properly. Like magic...hope it lasts...I was so angry

Posted via CB10
    My friend had to leave it overnight, but that did the trick! Thank you so much (he is very grateful as well so thank you from him too)

01-30-14 10:10 AM