You can't downgrade iOS either.

Posted via CB10
    In my limited experience, I would disagree. My wife unintentionally upgraded to whatever the latest update was, I believe from 7 to 8, but found the flat UI and washed colours difficult to read. It happened when she was visiting HK - she went to the Apple shop, explained the issue, and long story short, had the OS downgraded.

Perhaps not possible in the US.
    07-14-15 07:21 PM
    you are correct, I have a jailbroken iOS device that I previously used that I have upgraded and downgraded as I've chosen too.
    07-14-15 08:46 PM
    Unfortunate., There is no rollback facility on this servers., The upgrade binaries are kept at folder and do notifications - way forward only for latest versions.,

in case you need to roll back to the version 10.3.0.1418 you need to go to nearest blackberry customer support who will have access to their servers to the old version o/s installables who can reload.the same at cost., But make sure that you take away all your vital data by a required back to your desktop computer or microSD card., and remove the same keep it in safe custody., ( eg. photos., videos, songs ., and list of applications you had prior roll back those details)
    07-23-15 06:38 AM
    Just chiming in and trying to understand. I have auto update off and I'm on 10.3.2 Verizon. I hate the red clock in bedside- just can't see it, so I side load the Porche clock as well as BlackBerry World since it won't work right.

At some point, I pick up my phone and it says it has just updated the software. Any way to stop it? If I catch a notification in the hub and delete it, it won't do it for a spell, but eventually it forces the update.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 05:30 AM
    Just chiming in and trying to understand. I have auto update off and I'm on 10.3.2 Verizon. I hate the red clock in bedside- just can't see it, so I side load the Porche clock as well as BlackBerry World since it won't work right.

At some point, I pick up my phone and it says it has just updated the software. Any way to stop it? If I catch a notification in the hub and delete it, it won't do it for a spell, but eventually it forces the update.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you should actually read the thread. You can't stop it. Period.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.3.2.858
    rthonpm likes this.
    08-06-15 04:28 PM
    For the folks blaming the government/Obama (LOL @ how everything is always the government's fault) maybe think again. I'm sitting here on a US carrier, and if I didn't upgrade on my own I'd still be stuck on 10.2.1.

Also you can't rollback iOS devices either. I've tried. Not really sure hacking them really counts.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    08-06-15 05:01 PM
    I agree CTU2FAN but disagree, hacking does count, atleast for me. My escreens were hacked, which has now been blocked, my iOS device was jail broken, to do as I wish with it. I just wish the BlackBerry community did something like the iOS does with jail breaking.
    08-06-15 05:13 PM
    I agree CTU2FAN but disagree, hacking does count, atleast for me. My escreens were hacked, which has now been blocked, my iOS device was jail broken, to do as I wish with it. I just wish the BlackBerry community did something like the iOS does with jail breaking.
    the moment bb10 gets hacked like that, blackberry will lose even that 0.5% market share
    08-06-15 05:14 PM
    I'm not really an iOS person at all, but I do have an old iPad that I play around with. It's been laggy as anything since iOS8 and I'm currently exploring jailbreaking it. I don't know much about it and I'm wondering if it's a good idea. As in literally all I know is that you can jailbreak it LOL.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 07:45 PM
    BB is hacked...lol what do you think coding and sideloading apps are? How about the previous escreens which alowed me to have my hotspot on , all hacks, for lack of a better word.

CT, jailbreaking just provides freedom and control over your idevice. I have an iPhone4 that I added siri and dictation to. I forget what os its running as it sits in a drawer but I tweaked it pretty nicely that it runs very smooth for being an older device. I would definitely look into jailbreaking your iPad
    08-06-15 08:03 PM
    BB is hacked...lol what do you think coding and sideloading apps are? How about the previous escreens which alowed me to have my hotspot on , all hacks, for lack of a better word.

CT, jailbreaking just provides freedom and control over your idevice. I have an iPhone4 that I added siri and dictation to. I forget what os its running as it sits in a drawer but I tweaked it pretty nicely that it runs very smooth for being an older device. I would definitely look into jailbreaking your iPad
    Sideloading apps is not a hack lol. Blackberry developer tools let you do that. Sachesi is just a nice tool to do it easily. Having an older version installed of an app isn't a hack either...

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:05 PM

Those aren't hacks, they are workarounds.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:10 PM

I think I'm going to. I like to tinker around with things, so it might be fun to play around with. And if I can at least smooth it out I'll be happy.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 08:32 PM
    Perhaps you should actually read the thread. You can't stop it. Period.

Thanks for your helpful words- I read the thread. I did not load an older OS. I only side loaded BlackBerry World because it won't work right after it updates to the Verizon 10.3.2 OS and the Porsche Clock. They are workarounds. Now BlackBerry World tries to "Update" my clock and BBW and when it does, BBW stops working. Hence the necessity. Please don't be so quick to snap back. Doesn't make the community very kind. Oh wait, you are misterabrasive. Nevermind.
    08-07-15 11:35 AM
    Thanks for your helpful words- I read the thread. I did not load an older OS. I only side loaded BlackBerry World because it won't work right after it updates to the Verizon 10.3.2 OS and the Porsche Clock. They are workarounds. Now BlackBerry World tries to "Update" my clock and BBW and when it does, BBW stops working. Hence the necessity. Please don't be so quick to snap back. Doesn't make the community very kind. Oh wait, you are misterabrasive. Nevermind.
    BBW works fine on 10.3.2.858 on Verizon, I suggest reloading the OS clean and perhaps not restoring a backup (those have been known to carry issues over).

As for the clock, you're out of luck there. Deleting or modifying any of the apps that the software release consists of can prompt an "update"; that "update" will be just what's missing from that Software Release (in your case the clock).

If the red really bothers you so much in bedside mode, you'll have to find a clock alternative or get yourself an actual bedside clock (a physical one).

Posted via CB10
    08-07-15 01:01 PM
    Now you're getting the picture. And you're welcome.

08-07-15 02:51 PM
    Got it. Thank you both!
    08-07-15 03:10 PM
    done
    Last edited by tomnyc; 11-06-15 at 01:03 PM.
    11-06-15 09:46 AM
43 12