Has anyone bought the vector watch, and get the android app running? I can't connect to the internet to login with the app. The connection to the watch works fine.

https://www.vectorwatch.com

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:57 PM
    The only real watch that works with BlackBerry 10 is the Pebble.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 02:25 AM
    The only real watch that works with BlackBerry 10 is the Pebble.

Posted via CB10
    The Vector Watch is brand new, so there aren't much information if this device works or works not with BlackBerry. Connecting is no problem and I believe if I could login the app will work.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 05:29 AM
    Hello

I have The same problem...can't create The acontat

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:27 AM
    Usles...The App works ok with native android phone or ios even with win 8.1 is working.... god dammit

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 02:00 PM
    I used my iPad to set it up and update it. No matter what I try though I cannot log in on my BlackBerry.
    It's connected and shows me phone calls. Nothing else though. No sms or apps work.
    Interestingly emails didn't show on my iPad either. Only notifications from all apps.
    Anyone else have any luck with this?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-15 11:44 AM
    Now it works!! With Version 1.1.0!

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 04:00 PM
    Are you getting notifications?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 01:23 AM
    Are you getting notifications?

Posted via CB10
    It seems like it depends on the android apps you have installed on your phone. At least you can now change watch faces and settings. Call notification seems to work. It's far away from being perfect, but at least you can install apps and change settings now.
    01-30-16 02:04 AM
    I know a developer that is currently working on an app to have Vector support for BB10, even has the help of Vector to get it running. Should be released soon. I'd watch the CB home page for an announcement in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:23 AM
    Hi all, my name is Roger Leblanc, aka as CellNinja. As tfp said, I worked with Vector guys and was able to leverage the Vector experience with the help of my app Bridge. The update is ready to go public, Vector still wants to fine tune their Android update and we will release simultaneously our update in mid-February, so stay tuned!

Here's what you can expect to work :
    - Calls (was already working)
    - Email
    - SMS
    - Calendar
    - BBM alerts (only name of contact will be shown)
    - WhatsApp alerts (only number of unread chats will be shown, no other infos available unfortunately)
    - Twitter DM and mentions (Blaq required)
    - Facebook notifications (Face10 required, not fully functional yet but should work when the update goes live)
    - PushBullet notifications (BlackBullet required)
    - PocketSafe, BlackBerry-france blog, United blogs and PowerTools notifications

If you don't know my app Bridge, it's a freemium app that comes with a full 3 day trial period, you'll need to unlock the app after trial period is over (3.99$US). The app is a bridge between BlackBerry 10 OS and the Android runtime, allowing an Android app like Vector Watch to receive events happening on the BlackBerry side of your phone.

I highly suggest you don't download Bridge right now as your trial period will start now and will be over before the Vector update goes live, so check CrackBerry for an official announcement and download when both Bridge and Vector Watch Android apps are updated.

I'll also be connecting with many BlackBerry 10 developers in the upcoming weeks and will share an extremely easy code to implement to allow other devs to send notifications to Vector smartwatch, so we might even see other third-party developers adding Vector support to their existing apps.

Hope you'll like the app!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:42 AM
    That sounds amazing! Thank you for your support!!
    01-31-16 01:30 PM
    Beta testing going well so far.

Vector Watch Smartwatch-img_20160131_111815.jpg

Vector Watch Smartwatch-img_20160127_064540.jpg

BBM too and calendar as well

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 03:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi Roger, I'm using your app for pebble. Will I need to buy some add-on or is it for free?
    Will it possible to control music with it similarly to pebble?
    Thanks a lot

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 05:12 PM
    Hi Roger, I'm using your app for pebble. Will I need to buy some add-on or is it for free?
    Free for existing users, no add-on to buy.

Will it possible to control music with it similarly to pebble?
    Unfortunately not, Vector just released their "stream API" which enable a third-party developer to create his own stream to add to any watchface, but it's not possible to get button press from users with those streams. In addition, I have 2 problems with their stream system :
    1) I'm not familiar with node.js which is needed for coding a custom stream.
    2) I need to host a server online for my stream and I never done that.

Both points are not that hard to overcome but I don't think I can afford to spend time reading docs to learn those 2 new things, I have way too much projects that are already behind schedule.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 05:19 PM
    This is awesome news and brilliant work, Roger!
    01-31-16 05:23 PM
    Thanks for the comprehensive feedback. To understand it correctly. Vector guys do not allow for apps (even android music apps) to be controlled via the watch? It sounds like you can only stream... or did I misunderstood you? Thanks Rodger for your work! Keep it up!

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:33 AM
    I think what he means is that much like widgets in Android, Vector uses "streams" on their watchfaces to add custom information. And the stream is what he would need to learn to code and host on a server.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 01:09 PM
    I see, well maybe the guys from vector may lend a hand there

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:19 PM
    Beta testing going well so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160131_111815.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	389697

Name:	IMG_20160127_064540.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	389698

BBM too and calendar as well

Posted via CB10
    Hi Nathan, I have a question regarding the metal band and the color. The watch you have is the rose gold one right? I would like to buy the metal one with the metal band but I am not sure about the band as I am a rather hairy guy and wouldn't want to nip and tuck my hair in the band. Do you have any experience with it? How does the band feel?
    Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 06:20 AM
    The band feels like a real premium watch band.

Vector Watch Smartwatch-img_20160204_075720.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Narhim likes this.
    02-04-16 09:57 AM
    Rodger, you the man! Glad to see BB10 still has some great devs releasing amazing stuff.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-04-16 10:53 AM
    The band feels like a real premium watch band.

Name:	IMG_20160204_075720.jpg 
Views:	802 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	390220

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot! I just got mine. It's really nice watch. The functions as of now however are poor. I have the vector app version 1.1.1 installed. Hopefully the version 1.1.5 is coming soon.
    You are in the beta (and I won't ask you about it as I am not sure you can talk) but I have hub to watch also, is it compatible with the vector / bridge?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:03 AM
    I am getting SMS, emails and calls. As well as calendar and other alerts. I also get a hub count of whatsapp and BBM. It's not as great as the pebble yet, but this platform is so new...

Posted via CB10
    shotel and chgaida like this.
    02-05-16 05:18 PM
    Any updates regarding the official launch of the Vector update?
    02-17-16 10:14 AM
60 123