My PC doesn't have WiFi ATM so, I was wondering if it's possible to connect my Q10 (actually DAC) to a computer via USB, connect the Q10 to wifi, and make the PC connect to the Q10 for Internet. A USB WIFI Reciver of sorts.

Posted on the Dev Alpha C with CB10
    06-08-13 06:02 PM
    My PC doesn't have WiFi ATM so, I was wondering if it's possible to connect my Q10 (actually DAC) to a computer via USB, connect the Q10 to wifi, and make the PC connect to the Q10 for Internet. A USB WIFI Reciver of sorts.

Posted on the Dev Alpha C with CB10
    I don't believe there is a native way to share the WiFi connection of a device. The most I know of it being able to share mobile networks to a computer.
    06-08-13 06:06 PM
    Technically it could be done - for web traffic at least - by running a proxy server on the phone, then configuring the private 169.x IP address of your phone in the proxy server settings of your desktop web browser. If I remember correctly it's 169.254.0.1.

You'll need to install an app on your phone. Search for "proxy" in BB World, there's an app or two that claim to do it.

But I've never tried, and it might be almost as cheap and more reliable just getting a USB Wifi stick.
    06-08-13 06:59 PM
    BB10 supports Internet tethering via Bluetooth and USB. That sounds a lot like what you want.
    irweezyy likes this.
    06-08-13 09:56 PM
    BB10 supports Internet tethering via Bluetooth and USB. That sounds a lot like what you want.
    Using a mobile network OP wants a way to use his WiFi connection

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:09 PM
    Using a mobile network OP wants a way to use his WiFi connection

Posted via CB10
    Kind of like when on old desktops you could buy a wifi usb stick? So now instead of that you plug in your phone through usb to act like a wifi usb stick?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:18 PM
    Kind of like when on old desktops you could buy a wifi usb stick? So now instead of that you plug in your phone through usb to act like a wifi usb stick?

Posted via CB10
    Yes exactly, I know the HTC One X had this feature

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:25 PM
    Tether is conceptually and technically different from what you describe but it achieves the same thing. His computer will have network and Internet access via the phone's connection. USB Wi-Fi dongles are cheap and plentiful. If that is what the OP wants, get one. Bridging 802.11[x] via USB is a very low priority for BB to spend time on as almost no one needs it.
    06-10-13 01:28 PM