Michael Clewly on his BBM channel recently posted this image. We will soon be able to plug in a USB stick and read the file system. Its unclear if it is just coming to the Z30 or all phones using 10.2 OS.

USB Host coming to 10.2-img_00000529.png
    09-19-13 10:20 PM
    Scroll down...

USB Host coming to 10.2-img_00000001.png

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:21 PM
    Just to clarify, it's only a Z30 feature. See below.

USB Host coming to 10.2-img_00000530.png
    09-19-13 10:22 PM
    Crap! It's not even 1 year of buying Z10 and already outdated. That's not how you manage loyalty.

I'm getting disappointed with all these things, USB, miracast etc. Not coming to Z and Q.

8 years of loyalty deserves something. (

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:29 PM
    Crap! It's not even 1 year of buying Z10 and already outdated. That's not how you manage loyalty.

I'm getting disappointed with all these things, USB, miracast etc. Not coming to Z and Q.

Posted via CB10
    You're right BlackBerry should of just relaunched the 9900 with some hacked down bb8 software just so they don't leave anyone behind. This is the nature of technology, it advances and moves forward in a short period of time. Z10 is also a midrange phone, z30 is higher end.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you been hiding in the mountains for the last decade? This has been the pace of technology for a very very long time...

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 10:59 PM
    Have you been hiding in the mountains for the last decade? This has been the pace of technology for a very very long time...

Posted via CB10
    Not really. Same hardware and chipset supports it, consumers act could push BlackBerry to enable this. Let's see.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 11:18 PM
    I have NO issues being a Z10 early adopter. If BBRY tanks, I've got a wicked device. IF BBRY has more devices in the pipe for 2014, then so be it. Let's see what comes out and then I'll adopt what suits me.
    09-19-13 11:20 PM
    Just to clarify, it's only a Z30 feature. See below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000530.png 
Views:	1849 
Size:	174.5 KB 
ID:	203614
    People seem to be taking this very lightly and letting Blackberry off the hook too easily. I for one was really looking forward to doing some music production on-the-go using Caustic 2 with my Z10 when 10.2 came out. I thought this whole BB10 thing was supposed to be about ushering in the era of "Mobile Computing". I mean look at how "old" the S3 is and that came out almost a whole year before the Z10 and that supports USB OTG! There are powered USB OTG cables which provide the necessary power to the attached USB device so the excuse about the Z30 powering the USB port while implying that the Z10 cannot doesn't seem to be the real technical reason why USB OTG couldn't be made available to the Z10. Come on Backberry get with the times. Those large bezels are wasted space they don't need to be so large to support "off screen" gestures. They just make the devices seem outdated and inefficiently designed compared to the competition who "magically fit 4.7" ( LG Optimus 4X HD P880) screens in the same space as the Z10's 4.2" and the same goes for the Z30 vs the S4.

My point about screen sizes is that while I would like to have one device which does it all, I don't want to have to get a larger than necessary phone like the Z30 to get USB OTG. Blackberry is therefore pushing me (reluctantly) towards the competition (which actually allows me to use Caustic 2 and do my mobile music production work now), sending me the message that I need to buy another phone that I don't really want due to it's size (Z30) and also because i just bought a new Z10 less than 6 months ago (which was when it was released in my country), or I can just do without what I would have liked to be able to do with my advanced piece of technology Z10 which is not a toy but a mobile computer, and maybe wait and hope that they will release a Z10 2 or Z11 or Z20 with a similar "ideal" size and form factor but with a larger 4.7" SuperAMOLED Screen and a removeable battery (just in case the battery fails and causes the phone to shut off suddenly without warning around 50%).

Tell me Blackberry, what do you suggest a customer in my position and with my interests, intent and requirements do?
    Attached Thumbnails USB Host coming to 10.2-micro-usb-host-otg-micro-usb-power.png   USB Host coming to 10.2-z10-specs-vs-s3-vs-release-date.png  
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    10-06-13 09:40 AM
    I totally agree with you, This is unacceptable! All these new features and it's only going to be available for the z30.

Posted via CB10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    10-07-13 03:32 PM
    Are you fuc**ng serious?? !!

I don't have and I don't want the latest version of iPhoto so... how can I take these picture out of My Z10?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:17 PM
    it is called advancement it happens with tech get over it
    10-07-13 04:22 PM
    I don't have and I don't want the latest version of iPhoto so... how can I take these picture out of My Z10?
    Posted via CB10
    Huh?
    10-07-13 04:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    now you know how playbookers feel...
    10-07-13 05:03 PM
    Touting mobile computing for z10 but I see nothing mobile computing related yet.
    This would have been in the right direction if it came out on the z10..

They should have just spewed all this mobile computing stuff after z30 was released not while they were releasing the z10 and misleading their customers.

But it's nothing new with BlackBerry same old tactics to try and sell. Os10 coming to PlayBook anyone?

How many more things are we gonna get burned on for being the early adopters and supporting them when no one else did.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 10:45 PM
    People seem to be taking this very lightly and letting Blackberry off the hook too easily. I for one was really looking forward to doing some music production on-the-go using Caustic 2 with my Z10 when 10.2 came out. I thought this whole BB10 thing was supposed to be about ushering in the era of "Mobile Computing". I mean look at how "old" the S3 is and that came out almost a whole year before the Z10 and that supports USB OTG! There are powered USB OTG cables which provide the necessary power to the attached USB device so the excuse about the Z30 powering the USB port while implying that the Z10 cannot doesn't seem to be the real technical reason why USB OTG couldn't be made available to the Z10. Come on Backberry get with the times. Those large bezels are wasted space they don't need to be so large to support "off screen" gestures. They just make the devices seem outdated and inefficiently designed compared to the competition who "magically fit 4.7" ( LG Optimus 4X HD P880) screens in the same space as the Z10's 4.2" and the same goes for the Z30 vs the S4.

My point about screen sizes is that while I would like to have one device which does it all, I don't want to have to get a larger than necessary phone like the Z30 to get USB OTG. Blackberry is therefore pushing me (reluctantly) towards the competition (which actually allows me to use Caustic 2 and do my mobile music production work now), sending me the message that I need to buy another phone that I don't really want due to it's size (Z30) and also because i just bought a new Z10 less than 6 months ago (which was when it was released in my country), or I can just do without what I would have liked to be able to do with my advanced piece of technology Z10 which is not a toy but a mobile computer, and maybe wait and hope that they will release a Z10 2 or Z11 or Z20 with a similar "ideal" size and form factor but with a larger 4.7" SuperAMOLED Screen and a removeable battery (just in case the battery fails and causes the phone to shut off suddenly without warning around 50%).

Tell me Blackberry, what do you suggest a customer in my position and with my interests, intent and requirements do?
    BlackBerry designer / concept / engineering team thinks in stone age. No wonder they are where they are.

Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1767
    10-07-13 11:04 PM
    Huh?
    If you use a Mac you need the latest version of iPhoto for taking photos out of the Z10. Is there a way to do that without using iPhoto?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 06:42 AM
    Can I connect my Vodafone dongle internet device to this os10.2??

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:16 AM
    If you use a Mac you need the latest version of iPhoto for taking photos out of the Z10. Is there a way to do that without using iPhoto?

Posted via CB10
    Can't you mount a CIFS share on a Mac? All BB10 devices will share their internal storage and SDCards via CIFS.
    10-08-13 10:44 AM